+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shaman DPS/Solo Leveler

Soulwalker

Default Shaman DPS/Solo Leveler

Shaman/Druid/??? Tree

I was attempting to build a Shaman DPS/Leveler and started playing around with the trees. So I started with Shaman then went to Druid for the healing pet, additional damage, and additional crit chance to help support Unstoppable Force and Endless Winter. The third one I am stuck on. The only thing i can think of is Justicar for Hammer of Virtue and Salvation, Purifier for Flame Speaker, Healing Flame and Healing Blessing, Sentinel for Benediction and Walk in the Light and healing spells, or Warden for Healing Spray, Aquatic Affinity, and Fluidity.

My gut tells me Sentinel or Warden but I wanted to poll the audience here. Or is there a better shaman build that I just havent thought about?

Thanks for your time.

Warpath

I picked warden as my third with only 5 points in Destructive Tide rest is in shaman and druid. and you maybe wanna loose the resistance buffs of the shaman, I heard they just help a tiny tiny bit. Spended my points until Weight of the World 5/5. PvE specced.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...17,5_&lang=eng
    Last edited by Ster; 01-13-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Knowledge is Power
    I am the vengeance of the north. Mine is the fury of the storm, the bite of the icy peaks, and I will rain retribution on those who threaten our way of life.

Soulwalker

Nice build. I was curious on the resistances and if mana was a problem for shamans as it has been for shamans in several games in the past.

Just a question on certain talents:

Is Favored of the Valnir not worth it for the additional healing power?

Are silence and sleep powerful enough to give us CC abilities or are they more of a stall/oh !@#$! im gonna die

Is mana a problem for shamans? If so then you would think Endless Winter/Aquatic Affinity come into play.

Sorry if these questions seem obvious...brand new.

Mana is not a problem. You get a mana regen ability that lasts 30 seconds, which refunds mana through melee attacks, and it has a 2 minute cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpathMechanic View Post
    Nice build. I was curious on the resistances and if mana was a problem for shamans as it has been for shamans in several games in the past.

Just a question on certain talents:

Is Favored of the Valnir not worth it for the additional healing power?
    Not for sure but I prefer doing more dmg then receiving better heals
    Are silence and sleep powerful enough to give us CC abilities or are they more of a stall/oh !@#$! im gonna die
    Not the best CC but I didn't find another talent worth it to put those points in it
    Is mana a problem for shamans? If so then you would think Endless Winter/Aquatic Affinity come into play.
    Mana is idd not a problem unless they are gonna change spell costs at the official release
    Sorry if these questions seem obvious...brand new.
    Hope this helped
    Knowledge is Power
    I am the vengeance of the north. Mine is the fury of the storm, the bite of the icy peaks, and I will rain retribution on those who threaten our way of life.

Telaran

Its a good build yeah but i would remove one point from hailstones and put it in balm of the forest instead...notonly do you get a raid heal spell but also you get the greater fearie,

Tho im not sure you can have vengance of the winter storm and craghammer at the same time i feel i still feel that you gain soo much more with the raid heal and greater faire than 40% damage incresse on winter storm

Quote Originally Posted by Canadzero View Post
    Its a good build yeah but i would remove one point from hailstones and put it in balm of the forest instead...notonly do you get a raid heal spell but also you get the greater fearie,

Tho im not sure you can have vengance of the winter storm and craghammer at the same time i feel i still feel that you gain soo much more with the raid heal and greater faire than 40% damage incresse on winter storm
    I don't know how much more the greater fearie heals if it is really better then switch those points idd. But it was originally meant for solo leveler as the OP said. and the crag hammer does stack with vengeance. Vengeance affects attack abilities and crag hammer all crit dmg.
    Knowledge is Power

Telaran

True that but the greater faerie should heal abit extra so still perfect for the solo part i was just thinking if you sometimes wanted to run into a rift group and cast a heal here and there as mana will never be a problem for a dps shaman

Soulwalker

if those stack im in agreement with Canadzero. Loosing 1 point in winter storm and gaining a raid heal + a better pet (one of the reasons i chose druid) might be worth it.

Is it worth sacrificing 9 more points into the Shaman tree for Courage of the Eagle? Do all of the Courages stack? Is Dex/End/Wis&Int better than the other?

Is there any other Soul other than Warden thats worth it? Maybe Justicar for the Hammer damage? or Sentinel for pure heals?
    Last edited by WarpathMechanic; 01-13-2011 at 12:28 PM. Reason: wrong info

Soulwalker

I'm thinking just putting the 5 points into Justicar for 10% damage is worthwhile.

Soulwalker

Is it worth sacrificing 9 more points into the Shaman tree for Courage of the Eagle? Do all of the Courages stack? Is Dex/End/Wis&Int better than the other?

Is Vengance of the Primal North worth it? or are the other Vengances all you need?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by WarpathMechanic View Post

Is Vengance of the Primal North worth it? or are the other Vengances all you need?
    the best courage by far is the eagle but whether or not its worth going for compared to getting stuff in another tree is debateable i personally wouldnt go that high in shaman and no the courages dont stack.

Telaran

If its just for soloing i would go druid shaman and justicar as the justicar gives you 10% extra damage with a hammer or mace and remeber all so called healing stats goes to meele dps stats with any coruage you got on ya

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    the best courage by far is the eagle but whether or not its worth going for compared to getting stuff in another tree is debateable i personally wouldnt go that high in shaman and no the courages dont stack.
    What about the Vengences? Is Primal North worth it or are you better off sticking to the lesser ones?

Plane Touched

Default Can't you just have 2 trees?

Shaman is the only soul I've seen so far that I'd feel good about putting 51 points into (runner up = Ranger). The whole tree is geared towards destruction, with just a few points for "Shamany" enviro-protection.

Can't you just put your last points in Druid and skip the 3rd tree, which would--and it might not be this way in live--force you to allocate 2 pts. into it?

The developers really need to start making blue posts to clarify this stuff...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast