+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's the *best* pet(ish) class in Rift?

Default What's the *best* pet(ish) class in Rift?

This thread is *nothing but opinion*, I know the term "best" is nothing more than POV. So...in YOUR opinion, what's the best *pet(ish)* class in Rift?

1. Beastmaster (Warrior class archetype)...
    2. Druid (Cleric class archetype)...
    3. Elementalist (Mage class archetype)...
    4. Necromancer (Mage class archetype)...
    5. Ranger (Rogue class archetype)...

Note: Please forgive me if I happened to forget a pet(ish) class, or one of the ones above *isn't* one. (This WAS in the "General Discussion" section, however I thought I would move it to the "Classes of Telara" section instead).
    Last edited by NovemEnuma; 01-13-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Pulled over by woman cop... Didn't know kitchen had speed limit.

what criteria for best?

best at soloing tough mobs?
    best at soloing quickly?
    best at group dps?
    best looking pet?
    best pet buffs?
    most pet dps?
    best at pet keeping aggro?

I understand you want opinion, but you've gotta say what best means to you.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arieste View Post
    what criteria for best?

best at soloing tough mobs?
    best at soloing quickly?
    best at group dps?
    best looking pet?
    best pet buffs?
    most pet dps?
    best at pet keeping aggro?

I understand you want opinion, but you've gotta say what best means to you.
    All of the above...I suppose. Besides the appearance of the pets, because I care about efficiency over looks.
    Last edited by NovemEnuma; 01-13-2011 at 10:34 AM.
    Pulled over by woman cop... Didn't know kitchen had speed limit.

Rift Disciple

I only tried ranger had lesser boar and got a dire wolf, the wolf had one ability and low hp it never lasted long so I stuck with boat which could help me pull 3 mobs easy filo sometimes 4

the boar's charge was interesting for a tank pet, wolves kinda hurt, but then again so do air elem and theyre ranged... as a mage i found necro pets where seriously dangerous and i had to run my *** off not to get ***** by em

also if you go up high in the elementalist tree, you get a lot of stuff to boost pet hp dmg n ****, but at the same time i found the elem is the worst at healing his pet so unless you go chloro you only got a channel that does mediocre heals while other pet classes get a hot

the best pet class is more about what you want to do with it, and what other things you want your class to be able to do
    Down the rabbit hole...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by GreenStoned View Post
    the boar's charge was interesting for a tank pet, wolves kinda hurt, but then again so do air elem and theyre ranged... as a mage i found necro pets where seriously dangerous and i had to run my *** off not to get ***** by em

also if you go up high in the elementalist tree, you get a lot of stuff to boost pet hp dmg n ****, but at the same time i found the elem is the worst at healing his pet so unless you go chloro you only got a channel that does mediocre heals while other pet classes get a hot

the best pet class is more about what you want to do with it, and what other things you want your class to be able to do
    Ummm Elementalists were bad at healing their pet????

I could have sworn they had a channeled ability that healed up to 25% of your elementals hp a second (it starts out at like 5% and gets to 25% when you put in 2 points into a certain ability in your soul tree (i think it was something like quickened renewal)
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

i found the ranger's hot a LOt more convenient than the elem's channel... hot is always up as long as u refesh it every like 8-9 secs

channel u arent doing anything else while u channel, so you dont dps anymore, you're just stuck there healing your meh dmg pet ;p
    Down the rabbit hole...

+ Reply to Thread