+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyromancer, Marksman.. or.. something else?

Soulwalker

Cool Pyromancer, Marksman.. or.. something else?

Hello everyone!

I just purchased my Collector's edition this morning and will join beta as soon as I receive an invite. I am retiring from Warhammer online and would like some help from this community on choosing a class so I can jump in and start learning the game and be ready for launch.

Generally I like to play ranged dps classes. I like stealth, but like high damage more. Does this game have stealth? I very much disliked the way stealth was implemented in Warhammer. Typically I end up playing an archer class or a mage. In warhammer i settled on a Bright Wizard for a main. I do very much enjoy pvp, but also like to be desirable for pve raids and groups. Desirability for a group spot as DPS in most games comes down to one thing usually... DPS. The rogue classes tend to pay a heavy toll in utility and dps for the ability to stealth.. and if thats the case here.. Id likely just prefer the mage class.

I made the mistake in Warhammer of creating a TON of alts, and getting to a mediocre level of progression with all of them.. rather then concentrating on one. I am looking to avoid repeating that mistake. I know nothing about rift.

if it helps, I was
    WoW - 80 Hunter/paladin (ICC level progression)
    I am a great tank, spent 2 years as a main tank for a top 100 guild.. but dont have the time for that now. I really dont enjoy tanking that much, but see it as a mean to an end. Getting groups/gear in WoW was just easier as a tank. Things went smoother when I tanked as well.
    Warhammer - 80 BW, 81 WH
    DAOC - rr10 Scount, rr10 enchanter(dont like pet classes really.. that pet was just op as hell wiht ML)

Please help. Thanks in advance.

-Jiffy

yes rifts has stealth in two of the rogue souls...assassin and nightblade. If you want to you can play around the builds here

though if going with what you say if you go rogue route I would go marksmen/assassin <for the better stealth> and ether riftstalker for the teleport or ranger for more range damage for the third soul

if going mage
    Pyromancer is the hardest hitter and does AOE damage. If you want a pet that can tank first off add in the elementalist if not stormcaller has nice damage and AOE that I think will go nice with pyro adding water and air damage capiblities. The Archon soul is a support soul but has soul fire in its first tier which increases fire damage. Then there is chlomancer if you want some heals...or warlock for the leach heal. Again you can play around with the different souls using the planner I linked above and during beta try things out and see what you like best. That way come launch you have a feel for what you like and your style and can go for it.
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

Ascendant

Well Assassins are (much) better at stealth, however Nightblade steath attacks are ranged instead of melee which might compliment the Marksman better. It depends on what exactly your playstyle is.

Though, that said, the Assassins other damage and critical hit boosting talents might be good for Marksman too.

Soulwalker

So...

If I go with the Marksman/assasian build will I be wanted in groups? Will the Pyromancers DPS/Utility completely overshadow what I can do as a Marksman?

How are Pyromancer/Mages in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiffy View Post
    So...

If I go with the Marksman/assasian build will I be wanted in groups? Will the Pyromancers DPS/Utility completely overshadow what I can do as a Marksman?

How are Pyromancer/Mages in pvp?
    Anyone who is good at playing their toon will be welcome by all. As for will a Pyro dps/utility out dps a marksmen/assassin all you can do is try both out in beta and see...also look at what feel better for you which you have more fun playing. When it coems right down too it having fun is more important then numbers.

as to the PVP question I can't answer I don't PVP
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

Soulwalker

Thanks Lady,

Anyone else have any input on how the Marksman plays in pvp?

What part of your character can you "respec" so to speak.. can you change the 2nd and third souls at anytime.. or do the souls stick and you can only change the points associated with each tree?

Thanks!

Soulwalker

/help please

Would really like to know how respecs work

+ Reply to Thread