Closed Thread

Thread: Pyromancer or Marksmanh

Soulwalker

Cool Pyromancer or Marksmanh

Hello everyone!

I just purchased my Collector's edition this morning and will join beta as soon as I receive an invite. I am retiring from Warhammer online and would like some help from this community on choosing a class so I can jump in and start learning the game and be ready for launch.

Generally I like to play ranged dps classes. I like stealth, but like high damage more. Does this game have stealth? I very much disliked the way stealth was implemented in Warhammer. Typically I end up playing an archer class or a mage. In warhammer i settled on a Bright Wizard for a main. I do very much enjoy pvp, but also like to be desirable for pve raids and groups. Desirability for a group spot as DPS in most games comes down to one thing usually... DPS. The rogue classes tend to pay a heavy toll in utility and dps for the ability to stealth.. and if thats the case here.. Id likely just prefer the mage class.

I made the mistake in Warhammer of creating a TON of alts, and getting to a mediocre level of progression with all of them.. rather then concentrating on one. I am looking to avoid repeating that mistake. I know nothing about rift.

if it helps, I was
    WoW - 80 Hunter/paladin (ICC level progression)
    I am a great tank, spent 2 years as a main tank for a top 100 guild.. but dont have the time for that now. I really dont enjoy tanking that much, but see it as a mean to an end. Getting groups/gear in WoW was just easier as a tank. Things went smoother when I tanked as well.
    Warhammer - 80 BW, 81 WH
    DAOC - rr10 Scount, rr10 enchanter(dont like pet classes really.. that pet was just op as hell wiht ML)

Please help. Thanks in advance.

-Jiffy

Sword of Telara

Go Cleric or Rogue.

Doesn't matter which souls you pick in the beginning either. Cleric has tanks (Justicar), DPS(Shaman), MagicDPS(Cabalist), and of course healing. Rogue has stealth (Assassin/Nightblade), tanking (Riftblade), and support (bard), and of course ranged DPS. Only reason I chose mage was because I don't like tanking, since they have almost 0 tanking options. By almost I mean Mage's pets can tank ok, but on most occasions can't stand in for a main tank.

Boy are you in for a treat! You can have all of that that you want in one class, and more. I'm really tired and I'm actually going to go take a powernap so hopefully someone else will step in and give you an explanation of the Rift soul system. I can safely say though that you can both have stealth and ranged top DPS at the same time without any problems.

Ascendant

As of T3 marksman is better single target dps. Who knows for end game? Try both to 20 while in beta and see which feels better.

Ascendant

Hi everyone,

We're going to close this thread and ask that the discussion continue in the updated version of this thread that the thread author created here: Pyromancer, Marksman.. or.. something else?

Thanks!

Closed Thread