+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justicar heals % off "damaging abilities"

Plane Touched

Default Justicar heals % off "damaging abilities"

Question about Salvation and Reparation. Both those abilities are worded as "the Cleric's damaging abilities" heal for a % of the damage done. Is it really all damaging abilities period, including ranged attacks, DoTs, AOEs etc? Or is it all melee attack abilities?

If it's melee attack abilities only, then it should be worded that way (just like for instance "Vengeance of the Winter Storm" in the Shaman tree). If it's all damaging abilities, does that mean DoT ticks and total damage from AOEs too?

I tried it with cabilist nukes and it works on AoE's cant say for dots mind, but its a TINY % of the damage that you do that its almost worthless

It's any of your spells/abilities, not just melee ones. However, non-Justicar attacks heal for quite a bit less than Justicar ones.

I don't think things like Vengeance of the Winter Storm would trigger any healing since that's more of a self buff rather than an attack itself. Even if it did it would only heal for like 1 or 2 at most so it probably isn't significant either way.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

If you go justicar , go at least 11 pts.

Mien of Honor + Reparation = 15% passive healing for non justicar abilities..

Plane Touched

Ah interesting. I think I was reading too much into the Justicar being classified as a "melee" soul and (incorrectly) assuming everything had to be in melee. If I am reading things right, you can also build Conviction off non-melee abilities (anything that does life damage). Thanks all.

BTW the reason I mentioned Vengeance of the Winter Storm was nothing to do with Justicars specifically, I was just pointing out an abilitiy that specifically said it worked on "all melee attack abilities" as opposed to "all damaging abilities".

Although since VotWS adds damage to melee attack abilities, you gotta wonder if, when it adds damage to a *Justicar* ability, if that is subject to the higher percentage of damage returned or not...

So much complexity in this game (I like it)...and I've only played beta for a few hours so far!!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Joehunk View Post
    Although since VotWS adds damage to melee attack abilities, you gotta wonder if, when it adds damage to a *Justicar* ability, if that is subject to the higher percentage of damage returned or not...

So much complexity in this game (I like it)...and I've only played beta for a few hours so far!!
    It's a buff that adds a proc. No.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Incurus View Post
    I tried it with cabilist nukes and it works on AoE's cant say for dots mind, but its a TINY % of the damage that you do that its almost worthless
    With such spells, is the Salvation/Reparation healing still negligible wtih Mien of Honor?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by finriswolf View Post
    It's a buff that adds a proc. No.
    Not true, it heals as well. Granted it's only for 4-5 HP, but it heals.

You will see the larger heal for the main ability, then the small heal for VotWS.

But if you were posting that the damage of VotWS would be the same for Justicar ability as Shaman, then you are correct. It is the same regardless of skill it is attached to.
    Last edited by ToxicRift; 01-16-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicRift View Post
    Not true, it heals as well. Granted it's only for 4-5 HP, but it heals.

You will see the larger heal for the main ability, then the small heal for VotWS.

But if you were posting that the damage of VotWS would be the same for Justicar ability as Shaman, then you are correct. It is the same regardless of skill it is attached to.
    Uhhm since I don't like playing what everyone else is playing ill only throw out one note...it goes up to 40-60% of your damage. It doesn't just calculate a single target either if u do ale damage later it does all that to specified mark.. im done...

+ Reply to Thread