+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Void Knight Pacts

Default Void Knight Pacts

Anyone else think that having the pacts appear as a buff isn't optimal? It seemed like I would lose track of how many pacts I had when a bunch of buffs/debuffs were going on. I was thinking it would be nice to have a separate window for pacts or have ot on the left side of your portrait, kind of like rogue's combo points, only a counter 1-10.

I agree completely.

Prophet of Telara StealthStalker's Avatar

Just another thing an add-on dev could fix if Trion themselves don't get around to it and allow cosmetic mods.

Though it's definitely something that should be on its own bar, something like a "Soul Mechanic" bar, along with Justicar's Convictions, Necro pet buffs, whatever else is out there, etc.

A comprehensive Buff bar system would really solve it as well, something like DAOCBuff from WAR.
    Last edited by StealthStalker; 01-13-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Don't forget to support Dual Targeting in SWTOR and Prime Online.
    We didn't get it here, but perhaps we can help make the next games into what they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Juddo View Post
    Anyone else think that having the pacts appear as a buff isn't optimal? It seemed like I would lose track of how many pacts I had when a bunch of buffs/debuffs were going on. I was thinking it would be nice to have a separate window for pacts or have ot on the left side of your portrait, kind of like rogue's combo points, only a counter 1-10.
    I agree, would make things a lot easier! I am sure something like this would be very easy to fix, but then again, I know nothing about programming.

I agree with you on that... i played a pally/vk and i never knew how many pacts i had. I think it should be like the mage's Charge bar or something

+1 I also agree.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Soulwalker

Would also be nice for Sab to keep track of charges, and Archon for pillaging stones

+1 I totally agree with this as well. I never knew what packs I had or where to look for the information when I played my warrior who had VK as secondary. I hope this is an easy fix but like Spoonster I know nothing of programming
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

Quote Originally Posted by Juddo View Post
    Anyone else think that having the pacts appear as a buff isn't optimal?
    not optimal?
    Its absolutely and totally b.a.d., its just not good design, its a major flaw, its rendering a nice class mechanic into an obstacle taking away your attention by redirecting it to your buffbar, its driving me crazy...
    need I say more?

Quote Originally Posted by MightyK View Post
    not optimal?
    Its absolutely and totally b.a.d., its just not good design, its a major flaw, its rendering a nice class mechanic into an obstacle taking away your attention by redirecting it to your buffbar, its driving me crazy...
    need I say more?
    I played a Black Orc in Warhammer for 2+ years. The mechanic of that class (shared with the Sword Master) was/is widely accepted and complained about as a hindrance instead of a help...maybe I am just a glutton for irritation :P

I really think they will fix this though
    Last edited by Spoonster; 01-13-2011 at 09:41 AM.

One of the reasons why I respecced my Warr away from VK.

Agreed. This wouldn't be a terribly difficult fix and it should be something (adding separate cast-bars for the mechanics) they do for several of the souls.

Agree, all class specyfic mechanic should be separeted from normal buffs. Right now u can change it a little by moving buff bar in place where you look, like above skills bar or something - wouldn't help much but still something.
    Early to rise, early to bed makes a man healthy, wealthy and dead

No ale in CE? What a shame... :P

Anybody have time to compile a list of all the souls affected by this? I didn't know there were so many others, but starting a thread that presents this as an issue in general instead of focused on VK pacts could be helpful! I will get around to it eventually if nobody else does

Telaran

Agree and same goes for riftstalker and that classes temporary buffs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast