+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nightblade int items?

Shadowlander

Default Nightblade int items?

So i was wondering if Nightblades since a lot of there skills are elemental dmg. would you get more of a benifit with mage items? since elemental is magic dmg i would think it would be scaling off Int. of course a huge downfall would be losing armor rating. I guess even sins would benefit as well with poison? I know in EQ2 ( when I played it ) int controlled the amount of poison dmg so you would do a hybrid of items int and dex.

Dont know if anyone has tested this out at all. I know alot of ppl are complaining with melee rogue damage and i am wondering if this may be the case because we are speccing out with dex for physical dmg?

Thoughts?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by illset View Post
    So i was wondering if Nightblades since a lot of there skills are elemental dmg. would you get more of a benifit with mage items? since elemental is magic dmg i would think it would be scaling off Int. of course a huge downfall would be losing armor rating. I guess even sins would benefit as well with poison? I know in EQ2 ( when I played it ) int controlled the amount of poison dmg so you would do a hybrid of items int and dex.

Dont know if anyone has tested this out at all. I know alot of ppl are complaining with melee rogue damage and i am wondering if this may be the case because we are speccing out with dex for physical dmg?

Thoughts?
    At first thought this was a troll post but will give beneift of a doubt. Typically would say NO to int boosting dmg. I would venture to say that int dmg boost would only affect spells as that is you customary rogue stat. Also the devs would then have add leather item that only applied to Nightblades to include weapons. I doubt the dev's would do that as it would just cause more problems. Typically dmg would scale with attack power if they do a scaling stat.

Also from what I understand most are claiming rogue melee dmg is subpar because of weak energy regen. Something like an ability takes all their energy and with no energy to continue with abilities for a while.
    Last edited by Ambros; 01-13-2011 at 09:37 AM.

No all rouge and warrier ablitys use attack power, even if thay are spells.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertrod View Post

Where is this stated?

if you look at the skills that are written. It say weapon damage or dps damage plus death or fire damage. Not trying to troll here just stating some mmos and rpgs work this way physcal dmg is based off dex or/and str and magic dmg wis/int.

I guess i will have to test this next patch and crunch the numbers.

It is magic dmg as the nightblade use this kind of magic attacks, but it surely scale with Dexterity or Trions would have ****ed up quite a bit on it.

It is stated tough that ROGUE dmg scales 50% dexterity and 50% strenght (amirite? I dont remember the exact numbers)
    Last edited by Atreiu; 01-13-2011 at 03:46 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    It is magic dmg as the nightblade use this kind of magic attacks, but it surely scale with Dexterity or Trions would have ****ed up quite a bit on it.

It is stated tough that ROGUE dmg scales 50% dexterity and 50% strenght (amirite? I dont remember the exact numbers)
    Interesting.. eq2 sin the int scaled huge on poisons which they ended up nerfing.

I will def test this next patch just lvl 2 nightblades to lvl 8 or 10 one getting int items and 1 getting dex items and test on same mob and take the avg dmg numbers.. should only take a couple hours.. i will post the results here..

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertrod View Post
    Yeah this...
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Just looking at one of the Nightblades basic abilites, that deals FIRE damage. So you're saying this is physical fire damage? What would check the damage on this, armor or magic resist?

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Rift_101-_Attributes_(Rift) <---- I posted this in response to how a rogues' damage scales.

I found this little gem here.. Is this accurate? It defines stats.. That's easy. But really, who knows how nightshade stats work? Anyone tested this? I think it's an interesting question.

Sorry I keep adding stuff:

Most rogue classes have abilites that penetrate armor, the Nightshade does not. So obviously the majority of their attacks do magic damage, there's no debating that. But is the magic damage increased by dex? Not according to the stats thing I posted... Unless they're just completely unique. A rogue that gains damage based on his dexterity, but opponents must stack magic resist as opposed to armor to defend against it?

Am I missing something?

(One last edit): Please do inform me if you test this, I'm curious as well now!
    Last edited by quizwhiz; 01-13-2011 at 04:13 PM.
    Quiz Whiz
    Conviction
    www.congaming.com

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by quizwhiz View Post
    Just looking at one of the Nightblades basic abilites, that deals FIRE damage. So you're saying this is physical fire damage? What would check the damage on this, armor or magic resist?

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Rift_101-_Attributes_(Rift) <---- I posted this in response to how a rogues' damage scales.

I found this little gem here.. Is this accurate? It defines stats.. That's easy. But really, who knows how nightshade stats work? Anyone tested this? I think it's an interesting question.
    Thanks for seeing what i'm thinking..

I mean it's logical to question it. I suddenly see a lot of potential out of a Nightshade that I never saw before.
    Quiz Whiz
    Conviction
    www.congaming.com

Plane Touched

thats outdated, in one of the newer patch notes is what attributes now give depending on role

though no idea if or how fire/death dmg from nightblade scales or water dmg(poisons) from assassin... do know on my assassin.... my poisons did tooltip dmg... not a point more or less(except for full resists)... ever...
    Last edited by Takemikadzuchi; 01-13-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: forgot about the full resists I was getting on target dummies

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Takemikadzuchi View Post
    thats outdated, in one of the newer patch notes is what attributes now give depending on role

though no idea if or how fire/death dmg from nightblade scales or water dmg(poisons) from assassin... do know on my assassin.... my poisons did tooltip dmg... not a point more or less(except for full resists)... ever...
    if your going to state a source.. you should link it .. so i just went through beta 3 and 4 patch notes.. and it doesn't state that. only thing that comes close is:

* Damage type should show in the combat log again.
    * Increased ranges of most combat abilities and effects in general, healing, buffing, and damage should feel less restrictive and more natural.

This is from beta event 4 patch notes.. so basically i will have to wait to log in and test it out.

None that I know of
    Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

Yep, testing will tell.

As for you mentioning your POISON damage; look at my stat tables again. There is nothing specifically labeled "Poison resist". So that seems to be an ability that does not check resists, and like you said, is not modified by stats.

Check your PM Illset ;)
    Quiz Whiz
    Conviction
    www.congaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by quizwhiz View Post
    Yep, testing will tell.

As for you mentioning your POISON damage; look at my stat tables again. There is nothing specifically labeled "Poison resist". So that seems to be an ability that does not check resists, and like you said, is not modified by stats.

Check your PM Illset ;)
    Assassins poison skills state that they do water damage.
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 01-13-2011 at 05:16 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast