+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Guide to the Chloromancer

Default A Guide to the Chloromancer

Hello everyone!

We just posted our guide on the General Discussion forum, but figured it actually belonged here. GamingWeez has put together a comprehensive guide to the Chloromancer. Let us know what you think!

We invite anyone and everyone to submit their own guide to their class and help make our guide database better!

Your entry doesn't have to be as long as ours, but you can write whatever, whenever, that's the goal of GamingWeez.

For now, enjoy the Chloromancer and we'll be back with more guides in the upcoming days as we countdown the days to BETA 5!
    See our RIFT guides for Shaman, Archon, Chloromancer, Bard and more.

All the Guides, News and Information on the Games YOU play.

Visit our new website at www.GamingWeez.com

Bumping for the afternoon folks.

Also, we've already prepared a guide to the Archon that will be going live tomorrow. I'll let everyone know when it's up. A slightly different layout to answer the questions everyone needs to know and we'll take a second look and incorporate the same layout to the Chloromancer one.

Look for more this weekend!

Lastly, don't forget you too can submit your own entries about classes and combinations you played. We look forward to your submissions!
    Last edited by Weez; 01-13-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Prophet of Telara

You have Flourish as a group heal... but it's an AoE Heal isn't it?

Also, I'd recommend Warlock and Necro as possible souls to go with the Chloro. Mana is always an issue for the Chloro... and Warlock's Sacrifice gives a goodly amount of mana back and you'll heal yourself back up well enough by just doing damage. Necro is an option if you take it at least far enough to drain mana from your pet's HP, so that your pet is acting as a little mana battery for you.

I played around with a Chloro/Ele/Dom in the last beta, and I'd have to agree with you that it makes the healing role fun, challenging and a real joy to play to be honest. But next beta, I'll probably be switching him around to be Chloro/Lock/Ele (for the pet). For a Necro build.... you might want to go Chloro/Necro/Dom.

Just my feedback... I'm by no means an expert.

X

Soulwalker

One issue with that guide....

Natures touch has a two second cast time and six second cooldown. It is far from an instant cast.

Nature's Touch is indeed a long cast time and it does have a CD. That can be corrected. That's a very godo observation.

For the other poster, Necro and Warlock work very well as well with Chloromancer, thatr's something we are adding tomorrow. Personally, I would do Chloro/Archon/Necro maybe instead.

I invite you guys to submit an entry with us with your thoughts on Chloromancer. It doesn't have to be too long

Anyway, look for some changes and small updates to the Chloro guide and the new Archon guide tomorrow.

As an Archon enthusiast and firm believer/obsessor over the soul, i'll be interested to see what you have to say about it

As promised we have uploaded our Archon Guide and made changes to the Chloromancer guide.

Enjoy!

Don't forget: We need your help to continue doing guides. We tested only a handful of Souls in the limited BETA time. We invite YOU to write a quick guide to YOUR soul and share with the GamingWeez, RIFT and prospective customer community your insight and experiences with YOUR soul!

Up for it? Clickie here to begin your guide!

(Even if you played Chloro or Archon, submit yours today! )

We've received the 1st player-submitted entry with the Guide to the Pyromancer. Look for it later today

For now enjoy the Chloromancer and Archon Guides

You too can write a guide on your favorite soul(s) anytime!

Does Radian Spores also heal the Chloro?
    We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I believe so.. Obviously, I'd like to confirm next bETA, but I think it does.

This video I found on youTube appears to show heals to the mage with Radiant Spores. GamingWeez WILL have more videos next BETA for everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHSjPvoqMIM

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Yes, it does. What's more, it can heal the mage (and other characters) on DoT ticks, not just the initial cast. The chance of receiving a heal is checked for each tick, however, so it's not like a DoT crit where all of the ticks become crits. The exception to this rule is Stream of Reclamation, which does not proc Radiant Spore healing for the mage (it says so in Stream's tooltip).

Thanks guys.
    We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games. Anon.

Ok I just spent the last hour and a half writing up a Dom guide XD Lemme know when its up!

EDIT: C+P'd it into its own thread in addition to the blog. Go check it out at This link
    Last edited by Slaave; 01-15-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added link to guide

Chloro/Lock/Dom

How can you ignore all the abilities the warlock gives you to buff your Chloro soul?

Dominator is used for CC so you're not just some gimped DPS with legit heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaave View Post
    Ok I just spent the last hour and a half writing up a Dom guide XD Lemme know when its up!

EDIT: C+P'd it into its own thread in addition to the blog. Go check it out at This link

Thank you Slaave!

On the Warlock note, the soul does indeed help the Chloromancer quite a bit. I haven't had too much time testing that combo since I tried Archon/Elementalist for the most part. But if you do have experience with the warlock, you should submit your own entry explaining how the lock and chloro work well together

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast