+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Just/sham/druid ,a melee spriest ?

Talking Just/sham/druid ,a melee spriest ?

Hi guys i was playing with the builds and came up with that one,

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html?...17,5_&lang=eng

I was thinking about a Mdps build when doin it and the more i look at it the more it looks to me like a WoW spriest ( with the hp and mana recovery for self and grp ) but in melee. That would be a something i would really enjoy trying ! the only thing is that i just pre-ordered so i have 0 experience in beta so far. Anyway long story short, what you think about that build guys ? im wondering if the dps would be competitive or it would mostly be a support heal/dps.

-ps English is not my native language so sorry if im not 100% comprehensive
    Last edited by Shadowborn; 01-13-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowborn View Post
    Hi guys i was playing with the builds and came up with that one,

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html?...17,5_&lang=eng

I was thinking about a Mdps build when doin it and the more i look at it the more it looks to me like a WoW spriest ( with the hp and mana recovery for self and grp ) but in melee. That would be a something i would really enjoy trying ! the only thing is that i just pre-ordered so i have 0 experience in beta so far. Anyway long story short, what you think about that build guys ? im wondering if the dps would be competitive or it would mostly be a support heal/dps.

-ps English is not my native language so sorry if im not 100% comprehensive
    You will have 4 more betas to attempt to try your build out. If it's not exactly what you wanted, then you can adjust and revamp it according to what it might be lacking. Since you pre-ordered you will have access to the last betas.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizeroh View Post
    You will have 4 more betas to attempt to try your build out. If it's not exactly what you wanted, then you can adjust and revamp it according to what it might be lacking. Since you pre-ordered you will have access to the last betas.
    Dont worry ill try it , but since beta is down right now i can only play with builds and discuss so....discuss

I was in the last 2 beta's.

I'm Trying this one out specifically:
    Justicar for the tankiness
    Shaman for the Melee
    Druid for the pet and heal at i beleive first tier?
    Last edited by Sumnore; 01-13-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    Me: Zamphir Pet: Panflute
    Bard / Ranger / Rift
    If Bards get faster for every point over 36 (full Bard)

Quote Originally Posted by Sumnore View Post
    I was in the last 2 beta's.

I'm Trying this one out specifically:
    Justicar for the tankiness
    Shaman for the Melee
    Druid for the pet and heal at i beleive first tier?
    yeah you get the pet first tier, and thats pretty much the only reason why i put druid in there, even if its a faerie .. lol
    i purposivly dodge the tank ability of justicar to get the grp heals and insta cast heals so i can focus more on sham's dps. i feel like that build should be dps based with support utility , so maybe support tank can work too. Can't wait to try it out.

Edit : i just realised that druids get + % crit tier 2 so i took 5 point form armor of virtue and put them in spirit of the hunter for an extra 5% crit chance
    Last edited by Shadowborn; 01-13-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Ascendant

last beta i tried a warrior build i was interested in. next beta i will be trying a cleric build using those 3 souls i like that druid and shaman can both boost my crit chance and crit damage by alot .

yeah i really like the synergy between those 3 souls
    Last edited by Shadowborn; 01-13-2011 at 08:50 AM.

I tried this build the beta before last and felt that the druid part wasnt paticularly usefull - The pets heals are very weak and you struggle with healing as you have to hit to get the conviction to cast the heal (at least at low level)

My next attempt will be Just/Sham/Warden, heal over times will let me keep someone topped up allowing me time to build conviction for the cheap insta heals

Ascendant

yeah i really like the synergy between those 3 souls
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...17,5_&lang=eng

This is a pvp oriented build i was thinking about at lvl 50. lots of crit and crit damage and i get the better pet from druid for better pocket healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Incurus View Post
    I tried this build the beta before last and felt that the druid part wasnt paticularly usefull - The pets heals are very weak and you struggle with healing as you have to hit to get the conviction to cast the heal (at least at low level)

My next attempt will be Just/Sham/Warden, heal over times will let me keep someone topped up allowing me time to build conviction for the cheap insta heals
    good point, the druid part is only there for the healing bee and the 5% crit, but what you say make sense ill try something with warden i think

Soulwalker

yeah you get the pet first tier, and thats pretty much the only reason why i put druid in there, even if its a faerie .. lol
    i purposivly dodge the tank ability of justicar to get the grp heals and insta cast heals so i can focus more on sham's dps. i feel like that build should be dps based with support utility , so maybe support tank can work too. Can't wait to try it out.

Edit : i just realised that druids get + % crit tier 2 so i took 5 point form armor of virtue and put them in spirit of the hunter for an extra 5% crit chance
    You need to use the Justicar attacks to build convictions to heal so either focus on improving those or focus on shaman. Otherwise you are spreading yourself too thin.

-Vanven

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post

This is a pvp oriented build i was thinking about at lvl 50. lots of crit and crit damage and i get the better pet from druid for better pocket healing.
    yeah mine is pretty much pve oriented but like you showed it can easily be tweaked to a pvp spec

Default Why does everyone compare to WOW?!?!

This is not Wow... your build is not like anything from wow. Nothing is wow other than wow.. This is Rift.

Telaran

The thing about Justicar.. If you take it you should put 10 pts in it..
    Why? For starters Life's Devotion will increase the % healed from 5 to 11%.. But the main thing is grabbing Mien of Honor which increases all healing by 50%.. So by investing 10 in justicar your passive healing has gone from 5% to 16.5%.. Then you just need to squeze in Reparation for 15% (also increased by MoH) aoe healing..

The thing about shaman and druid..
    When you get to 20ish in both its more about math then preferance what to take to 30+
    Without numbers I would vote druid, if for nothing else for Balm of Forest..
    That + the passive from 11 justicar should keep alot of pressure from the main healer..

For a PURE pve I would take this

It has all the crit enhancers from Shaman with full power of druid..
    Like I said, can't be sure without numbers but I'm pretty sure Boundless Growth + Hot-Blooded + Slothfull spirit >> Lust of Blood

Quote Originally Posted by Beersnutz View Post
    This is not Wow... your build is not like anything from wow. Nothing is wow other than wow.. This is Rift.
    I know its not wow friend , i was just refering to the gameplay of a certain wow spec.
    Last edited by Shadowborn; 01-13-2011 at 09:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast