+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healer question.

Telaran

Default Healer question.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but i havent seen it yet.

I'm looking to be a group/raid healer but i also would like the ability to solo at a reasonable pace.

Any suggestions on souls?

i was thinking Shaman/sentinel/ ???

But unsure what does the community think would be a good healer/solo soul combo ?

You don't need to make a healer/solo combo. In-game you could just buy a second role - make it your solo build, and leave your first one as your group/raid healing build....you can switch back and forth between the two at will whenever you like. That way your not spending points on solo abilities and leaving out some nice group healing abilities. And vice versa can make your soloing easier without wasting time putting points into heals you wont need when you solo.

Cleric calling would defiantly be your best bet - Mage and Rogue healers I think are more support healing to the clerics abilities.

Didnt play much with Cleric but Sentinel/Purifier looks good for healing build and theres a few ways to go with a solo build with shaman,inquisitor,cabalist,warden etc.

Shaman = DPS

I have found that Sentinel/Purifier/Warden is very nice. Sentinel for the group/raid heals, Purifier for the main tank heals, and Warden for the one instant heal. Warden also has increase mana pool you can spec into as well, but I don't think you will need that too much.
    http://tinyurl.com/67p96du a build I might flow with.

enjoy and happy healing.

Warden is by far the strongest tank healer. Splash in Sentinal and you have a very powerful combo. With a Perfect rotation you can maintain 4 hots and a 3s heal. In addition you have the flexibility of adding in AOE HOTs and AOE Direct heals.
    Addiction - Tank
    11/11 HK - 5/5 GS - 5/5 RoS - 4/4 GP - 4/4 DH

Seems like people are still feeling locked down by only 1 spec. Don't forget you will be able to have 4 specs in the end so thats a lot of soul combo builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomba View Post
    Warden is by far the strongest tank healer. Splash in Sentinal and you have a very powerful combo. With a Perfect rotation you can maintain 4 hots and a 3s heal. In addition you have the flexibility of adding in AOE HOTs and AOE Direct heals.
    cool haven't messed with Warden too much, might start now

Quote Originally Posted by Gomba View Post
    Don't agree with Warden being the strongest Tank healer at all. If anything Purifier is at least as good if not better.
    Discussing single souls is kind of illogical though since the best healing build is a combination of different souls.
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

Quote Originally Posted by Sheilina View Post
    Don't agree with Warden being the strongest Tank healer at all. If anything Purifier is at least as good if not better.
    Discussing single souls is kind of illogical though since the best healing build is a combination of different souls.
    Stacking different healing souls does indeed make for a powerful healer.

Combine the 20 point root abilities for Sent, Warden, and Purifier and you turn your next heal into an instant cast crit that heals for 50% more than a normal crit...

(20/20/20 is of course not a build I'd go with, but it would be a funny gimmick to be able to instant cast Healing Invocation and take a tank from 1% to full).

My healing spec in the previous beta was max sentinel with points in Warden as well. The 0 point Warden HOT plus the HOT from improved Healing Invocation made keeping the tank up easy, and between the 40% damage reduction cooldown and the instant cast cooldown, I was able to help DPS the earth crystals on the Gatekeeper fight while keeping the tank alive just fine.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Telaran

so i know we get 4 builds

So maybe i will do the shaman/warden/sent for DPS build and solo-ability
    Then do a Sent/pur/warden for healing .

Quote Originally Posted by Dinadass View Post
    Stacking different healing souls does indeed make for a powerful healer.

Combine the 20 point root abilities for Sent, Warden, and Purifier and you turn your next heal into an instant cast crit that heals for 50% more than a normal crit...

(20/20/20 is of course not a build I'd go with, but it would be a funny gimmick to be able to instant cast Healing Invocation and take a tank from 1% to full).

My healing spec in the previous beta was max sentinel with points in Warden as well. The 0 point Warden HOT plus the HOT from improved Healing Invocation made keeping the tank up easy, and between the 40% damage reduction cooldown and the instant cast cooldown, I was able to help DPS the earth crystals on the Gatekeeper fight while keeping the tank alive just fine.
    I have yet to work out the finer quirks as I cannot really decide on a few points and where to spend them but right now I am leaning strongly towards getting the 31 Point ability in Purifier and Ripple in Warden and make sure I do have healing communion.
    Something like this: Kandra's "I don't know better"-build
    But then I am really undecided on where to spend the points on the abilities. Not sure if it's worth to give up the Sent in combat heal... I haven't really checked in detail which other classes could buff Wisdom and if it's a huge increase in mana and spellpower with 30 more Wis (I would assume it is though..) and if it's worth getting it.

But then..up till now I mainly played with three healing souls which one always had at 0..ahhhhhhhhh choices..
    I have tried different builds since Beta 1 and I was able to heal with all of them..right now I can't really say which combination is going to be more effective but I personally prefer prevention and mitigation which means I like the Ward/Hot combination.

Enraptured Breath and Shared Recovery are also two amazing abilities to have...
    Last edited by Sheilina; 01-13-2011 at 08:51 AM.
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

+ Reply to Thread