+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: [Paragon] Strike Like Iron

Champion

Default [Paragon] Strike Like Iron

This buff is absolutely a necessity for Paragon's to keep up to remain viable DPS.

There's one major problem with the ability though:
    It makes combat feel unnatural, unpolished, unfinished.
    You more or less delay your rotation and you feel like combat it stuttering due to this.

This skill needs to be taken off of GCD to improve the flow of combat.

Yes, I know that may sound absurdly OP. But Trion can tweak the numbers if they see fit to "balance" it.
    Combat flow is importantly to Trion, they recently revamped rogue's energy uses to help just that...combat flow.

But the fact remains that the skill in its current form almost feels like a burden to use.
    Last edited by Rhakhar; 01-13-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Ascendant

a buff that good needs to be on the GCD, end of story. i mean next thing you will hear if they change this is sabateur charges need to be off gcd cause it breaks "the flow of combat". Comparing a paragon ability to rogues mechanic makes no sense as well. also the way the paragon works is most of the finishers provide buffs to point builder abilities and they are all more powerful than the riftblade. If the riftblade bursts were as powerful as the paragon finishers they would be on the gcd as well.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-13-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Shadowlander

imo all self buffs that increase survivability or dps should be off a GCd and on there own. its not right having to spend a GCd to get a buff. If we sat down and did the math. the GCD we just spent for 12 seconds of 30% more dmg probably equals the damage of one 3 attack popint move anyway, maybe even less.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kennettq View Post
    imo all self buffs that increase survivability or dps should be off a GCd and on there own. its not right having to spend a GCd to get a buff. If we sat down and did the math. the GCD we just spent for 12 seconds of 30% more dmg probably equals the damage of one 3 attack popint move anyway, maybe even less.
    no they absolutely shouldnt cause classes like the sabatuer would be killing everyone in 3 gcds. Powerful buffs and 1 hour buffs should be on the GCD buffs like the riftblade finishers should be off the GCD cause they provide far les than the paragons finishers. If they made all buffs off the GCD they would have to completely rework a class like the sabateur or riftblade.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-13-2011 at 08:04 AM.

1/2 the dmg boost and remove from GCD.

Personally though as a heavy user I want it to stay the same. 1 GCD is a fair price to pay for the next 7 attacks getting a 30% dmg boost.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

A 30% damage buff for 12(10.5) seconds is a lot more damage than a normal 3 point finisher.

<Ascendant> 13/13 Seastone Defiant

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    no they absolutely shouldnt cause classes like the sabatuer would be killing everyone in 3 gcds. Powerful buffs and 1 hour buffs should be on the GCD buffs like the riftblade finishers should be off the GCD cause they provide far les than the paragons finishers. If they made all buffs off the GCD they would have to completely rework a class like the sabateur or riftblade.
    Every other MMo ive ever played as self buffed skills off the GCD. If a sabatuer pops all his CD to destroy someone. Thats his way of pvp. Its not OP, it just means for then ext x amount of minutes (usually 1 to 5 mins) his dps will be ****.

examples - AoC for instance. An Assassins self buff skills were of GCD list.
    WoW - paladins wings/zealotry. Both increase dmg output are on there own CD's so you can pop both at same time (dps loss) but you can still do it.

Ascendant

yeah if you wanted it off the GCD it would need to be 5/10/15 and there is no way i would trade 50% damage to get 1 extra GCD.

Ascendant

Every other MMo ive ever played as self buffed skills off the GCD. If a sabatuer pops all his CD to destroy someone. Thats his way of pvp. Its not OP, it just means for then ext x amount of minutes (usually 1 to 5 mins) his dps will be ****.

examples - AoC for instance. An Assassins self buff skills were of GCD list.
    WoW - paladins wings/zealotry. Both increase dmg output are on there own CD's so you can pop both at same time (dps loss) but you can still do it.
    then you havent played very many MMOs warhammer and DAOC both had GCDs on very powerful self buffs both games based on pvp more than AoC or WoW ever were or will be. Could you imagine a Sab placing 5 charges off the gcd then using detonate they would literally kill everyone in 2 or 3 GCDs.

Shadowlander

then you havent played very many MMOs warhammer and DAOC both had GCDs on very powerful self buffs both games based on pvp more than AoC or WoW ever were or will be. Could you imagine a Sab placing 5 charges off the gcd then using detonate they would literally kill everyone in 2 or 3 GCDs.
    i have play a sab. So i dont know what charges are. But if strike like iron is so OP then it owuld be the only finisher we would be hitting. And having a constant 305 more dmg. thats kind of boring. Put it off the GCd and making it a 1-2min CD. Keeping the 30% dmg buff.

Ascendant

i have play a sab. So i dont know what charges are. But if strike like iron is so OP then it owuld be the only finisher we would be hitting. And having a constant 305 more dmg. thats kind of boring. Put it off the GCd and making it a 1-2min CD. Keeping the 30% dmg buff.
    wait so you would rather be an off the GCD buff that lasts 12 seconds but on a 2 min CD? That is a terrible idea. right now you can have 30% exta damage forever at the cost of 1gcd i say leave it exactly how it is cause its borderline OP as it is. And no it wouldnt be the only finisher cause it lasts 12 seconds meaning you dont need to hit it every time you get 3 points. Doing something like Duel Strike>death touch>Strike like iron>duel strike>path of hurrican>shifting blades < duel strike>path of raptor>path of tempest would be huge damage mixed in with the paragon off the GCD reactional abilities.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-13-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Shadowlander

wait so you would rather be an off the GCD buff that lasts 12 seconds but on a 2 min CD? That is a terrible idea. right now you can have 30% exta damage forever at the cost of 1gcd i say leave it exactly how it is cause its borderline OP as it is.
    yay leave it as it is so i can press the same two buttons for the rest of the game? 1 to get 3 attack points, then 2 to get 30% more dmg.

Then back to 1, then 2 again.? pve will be fun.

EDIT**

WTF did you like go to the future to see what i would post, then edit your own before i finished or something?
    Last edited by kennettq; 01-13-2011 at 08:35 AM.

Ascendant

dude do you even know how the ability works it lasts 12 seconds that means you dont have to press it every time you get 3 points you just refresh it every 12 seconds. Im starting to think you just dont know what you are talking about. i just posted a rotation where only duel strike is used more than once.

dude do you even know how the ability works it lasts 12 seconds that means you dont have to press it every time you get 3 points you just refresh it every 12 seconds. Im starting to think you just dont know what you are talking about. i just posted a rotation where only duel strike is used more than once.
    Not to mention it is on a 15 sec CD... so it is literally impossible to use it every time you have AP built up.

SLI > DS x3 > Shifting Blades > DS x3 is a monster combo. If you spec into weapon master a Paragon/RB could even get a fiery burst off in that rotation making the dmg absolutely ridiculous

Average DS with SLI around 200 W/ Deadly Grace you can increase that to 242.

So 242x3 + . 423x3 with the possibility of adding around 300 over 6 seconds (FB). Total time: 12 seconds or 191.25 DPS. That does not even include any crits which would happen at least once per rotation. You can add Storm Blade DoT in with every crit for well over 200 DPS SUSTAINED!

Lets not even get into the non-GCD attacks you can spec into for even more burst DPS.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

havent played my warrior in beta 4, but in beta 3 i hardly found the time to use this, at least in pvp... before they made fiery burst into a dot it was jsut more burst, and if not predictable movement rocks. shifting blades was also interesting due to the number of actual hits and setback component

i stopped at 20 but i was 1 point off that huge parry buff finisher too, 75% at 3 points for 12 secs, so that dmg buff s something i found myself using every 5 or 6 rotations, when everything else is on cooldown
    Down the rabbit hole...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast