+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Classes with Pets

Default Classes with Pets

As many of us know, most games come with a class that uses a pet as a seperate form of DPS. Now, considering that more likely then not i'll be with some sort of archer-like character, what kind of "Pets" do you expect to see.

Note: This does not mean there will be a class that has pets, this is just a speculation. Like a Reaver having an undead minion or something.

Well, the Elementalist can summon elementals to fight for him. If the Grave Lord still exists, it'll be a necromancer who can summon skeletons and things of that nature. As far as an archer-like class with a pet, I dunno. You'll probably see the standard woodland creatures come to his aid like wolves or tigers or spiders. You can pretty much assume anything you want till the class is revealed though.

If anything you have Druids that may have pets then Rangers with the wild so that's up in the air

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

I mentioned this in another thread, I'd like to see a class that can tame wild animals as permanent pets, like the WoW Hunter or SWG Creature tamer. (some could be tamed as mounts !)

If I think of archer type of specific pets things like: eagles, raven and other scout / flying type of creatures come to mind. I player a sniper / archer in Ragnarok and I loved it that you could play it as a falconeer also, you basicly had commands to make your pet attack and do certain moved to hit a enemy or make him come out of stealth.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by souper View Post
    Well, the Elementalist can summon elementals to fight for him. If the Grave Lord still exists, it'll be a necromancer who can summon skeletons and things of that nature. As far as an archer-like class with a pet, I dunno. You'll probably see the standard woodland creatures come to his aid like wolves or tigers or spiders. You can pretty much assume anything you want till the class is revealed though.
    I read in one of the reviews the mentioning of a Warlock, dont remember which review but i believe that is probably the necro class which I am hoping they have :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dallammarr View Post
    I read in one of the reviews the mentioning of a Warlock, dont remember which review but i believe that is probably the necro class which I am hoping they have :-)
    Yeah, one article mentioned that there would be warlocks. They aren't really necromancers though but it's possible warlocks also have pets too.

Plane Touched

Well whichever one is the "necro" class is the one i am looking foward to lol, just assumed Warlock was it seeing as how like in EQ the Necro title (around lev 61 or something) was Warlock and WOW's wannabe necro was called a Warlock so was goin by that.

A warlock is a different beast depending on the game you are playing . WoW has them as a summoner but a lot of other games have them as sorcerers who can wield a sword and wear leather armor.

As far as summoning classes, we know of the Elemntalist for sure. There will probably be a necro of some sort with the whole death plane and all. Perhaps an enchanter who could charm people or a druid who could charm animals.
    Warp

Shadowlander

I appreciate pet classes quite a bit. I think they get the shaft a lot because of pathing issues or control issues that make it hard for people to want them summoned or active during raids. This is just my opinion but I prefer multiple pet classes, but them slightly stronger or more gifted in terms of soloability so those classes can be soloists. It may be just visions of old EQ, but I really thought the Necro as a solosist that could raid, but didn't need a group because he had fear kiting. I dont or have yet to choose a pet class as a main, but either way I think they are very important in games and there should be multiple ones types of pet classes. The Necro, Shadowknight, Elementalist/Magician, Hunter/Pet tamer and such. Even more, a healing class with pet would be amazing that wasn't druidic. Has that been done before?

In any case, I think the Old EQ shadowknight with a stronger pet and the VG, backstab/lifeleech fear kite tactic would be an amazing class. I'd play it...

Quote Originally Posted by souper View Post
    Hey souper wasn't the Grave Lord an NPC who you killed to steal his essence and nick his powers? Anyway, I suppose the point of his necromancy still applies.

And I assume there will certainly be a Beastmaster class - it will be an option for the "Rogue section" of the classes if anything. A melee combatant with a pet helper, hopefully less screwed up than the White Lion at launch eh? ;)
    i <3 tbroc

I hope if they add a pet class it will be a pet class not like most MMO's a walking Dot that is easy to kill.

I think a pet class should be based on the pet not the master as such would be nice to see a MMO get that right for once.

Then again you bring a massive load of problems a lot of them to do with balance and PVP.

If you look at some of the other MMO War/Aion both games the pet class had little use for the pet over all.

Quote Originally Posted by Protos View Post
    Hey souper wasn't the Grave Lord an NPC who you killed to steal his essence and nick his powers? Anyway, I suppose the point of his necromancy still applies.

And I assume there will certainly be a Beastmaster class - it will be an option for the "Rogue section" of the classes if anything. A melee combatant with a pet helper, hopefully less screwed up than the White Lion at launch eh? ;)
    Yeah. They referred to the class card you'd get as both a Necromancer and a Grave Lord in different interviews. I just stick with Grave Lord since it sounds cooler.

And I'd back the idea of a Beastmaster. Ranged pet classes are neat... but melee? Way cooler.

Im hopen for a creature handler type class, aka training animals teachign them to fight and mounting some of them

Join us in the IRC | The Original Rift Wiki: Telarapedia
    The Rift Pod cast: Rift Pod cast | Rift IRC: Rift IRC

I like the sound of the elementalist class and I'll almost certainly play them.

But I wouldn't hate it if one of the unrevealed classes was some kind of plant summoner and controller. I know I'm probably dreaming, but I'd like to see that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast