+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Souls in PVE - Vindicator

Default PvP Souls in PVE - Vindicator

I was looking at the PVP Vindicator soul (the warrior tree) and it has some interesting abilities if you take the path left, Advantage -> Art of Destruction.

At 15 points it gives you the ability to block without a shield. You could then dual wield (or 2h it) and still have the ability to block. However, I don't know if the increased damage output would be worth the loss of a shield. I haven't played a tank yet to any significant level.

11 points reduce the amount of damage targets that are taunted do to people other than you. (Note, at least in the description I'm reading, this does not say PLAYERS. It says TARGETS)

At 10 points you can intercept 50% of the damage a player receives. I don't know how long this lasts or if it only counts for the next attack.

5 points is worthless.

The actual skills you gain give you a self cleanse (no GCD trigger), the base guard (dmg intercept, does not trigger GCD), an AOE stun that looks like it also brings you to the target, and a 30% healing reduction on a target (2 more points can bring this to 50%)

Do you think that this could be useful in a PVE build?

ps, if these abilities actually say something about being player only in the real description, then tell me I'm dumb and ignore this.

I'm under the assumption that we'll be able to macro a shield equip, ability use, sword equip. Using this, if you went Paladin you'd be able to make use of your shield abilities still and retain the blocking effect. You could do a full 51pt paladin build.

Something along the lines of this. I dunno, just a thought. I think the Guard and the blocking while dual wielding would be pretty nice. I went with the warlod for the block bonus and the group threat reduction, and it gives you a forced taunt.
    Last edited by Ixath; 01-13-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Depending on if you had rank 6 pvp at the time, I'd say it'd be worth it to get phalanx. That could be a life saver in pve against pretty much anything. Dunno what to swap out for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixath View Post
    11 points reduce the amount of damage targets that are taunted do to people other than you. (Note, at least in the description I'm reading, this does not say PLAYERS. It says TARGETS)
    What use would this do in PvE? If you taunt a target, it starts attacking you anyway, so that would be kind of a waste, wouldn't it?
    In game characters in beta: Warskel (Mathosian Warrior), Rathu (High Elf Mage), Mairerit (High Elf Cleric), Adrivia (Mathosian Rogue)

Quote Originally Posted by Sponx View Post
    What use would this do in PvE? If you taunt a target, it starts attacking you anyway, so that would be kind of a waste, wouldn't it?
    I'm assuming it works on mob abilities as well, such as AOEs. I'm also assuming that the duration is longer than the duration of the taunt, perhaps even until death on the target.

Either way, if you're raiding and have 5 melee dps up close and the mob has some minor aoes, this could ease healing needed quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidus View Post
    Depending on if you had rank 6 pvp at the time, I'd say it'd be worth it to get phalanx. That could be a life saver in pve against pretty much anything. Dunno what to swap out for it though.
    Yeah I totally forgot about that one.

But, I also have no clue what you could swap for it.

Here's an idea. Take off defensive experience, since it's only 5% block, take 1 off of small weapon spec, and use those to get phalanx.

Here

Yeah that would work really well actually. I wonder if the description is wrong on the builder site, and a lot of those skills only apply to players..

I wonder if the points in that tree would be better than points in another one. It seems pretty powerful to me, even though some of them are wasted. I'm rolling a warrior in B5 so I'll try it I guess.

Ascendant

Personally I figured using Paragon would be a much better idea for the third soul than Warlord. You get +14% parry, and power back when you dodge or parry, which has sometimes been an issue for me because of the non-GCD abilities Paladin gets. Something like this.
    Last edited by AlienFromBeyond; 01-13-2011 at 11:50 AM.

Well, you won't exactly be able to try it yet, since that's for a L50 build, and next cap is L30 xP

Quote Originally Posted by Raidus View Post
    Well, you won't exactly be able to try it yet, since that's for a L50 build, and next cap is L30 xP
    haha good point. Well, I can at least get the PVP soul and give that a shot =)

If I remember right, you need 2,500 pvp favor to get one. So you might just be better off waiting till launch/headstart to work on that one.

I'm like a clown at a birthday making balloon animals and you're the bratty kid with a needle who bursts them all as soon as I hand them out =(

eheh j/k

Yeah i suppose yer right about that too. Guess I'll just worry about seeing if I even like a tanking class first heh

Hehehe, fitting, since I don't like clowns. xD

But yeah, you'll have plenty of time to figure out and learn what kinda of build you want through playing/tweaking.

+ Reply to Thread