+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beastmaster - Greater Primal?

Default Beastmaster - Greater Primal?

Hey guys, I wanna make a beastmaster my main soul, kinda bummed about the pet, since just about every warrior takes beastmaster as his third soul just for the pet, so EVERYONE has one. So I'm wondering if anyone has a pic of the GREATER primal companion, that is, if it looks different. I hope it does. Really wish they'd discourage taking BM / necro / etc as a staple third class for the pet dps. Since you can continue to level the skill at a trainer.
    Last edited by Chilton; 01-13-2011 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilton View Post
    Hey guys, I wanna make a beastmaster my main soul, kinda bummed about the pet, since just about every warrior takes beastmaster as his third soul just for the pet, so EVERYONE has one. So I'm wondering if anyone has a pic of the GREATER primal companion, that is, if it looks different. I hope it does. Really wish they'd discourage taking BM / necro / etc as a staple third class for the pet dps. Since you can continue to level the skill at a trainer.
    The zero ability pets are useless at level 50. They have a level cap and will have a hard time hitting anything 25 levels or so above them.

Greater looks exactly the same as lesser, just slightly larger. Ranger's Shadow Stalker pet is a golden colored version of BM's Primal Companion.

I can testify that the 0 point Ranger pet is capped at lvl 30. I checked the Rogue trainer at level 27 and toggled to see unavailable skills. Call:Razor Beast was no longer listed as a higher level rank purchase. If a Rogue wants an effective tank pet after level 30 they have drop at least 24 points into Ranger to get Call:Greater Razor Beast.
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 01-13-2011 at 11:59 AM.

well its good to know that the pet will only be good for beastmasters.

Its really a bum to hear the greater primal looks the friggin same. How lame

well its good to know that the pet will only be good for beastmasters.

Its really a bum to hear the greater primal looks the friggin same. How lame
    This is still beta and they could rework the skins/models of pets before or even after release. It is probably not a high priority right now with so many other things on their plate.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Default pets

Thanks for the information.

do you know any web site that may have pictures of all the pets from different rank/calling/souls?

interesting how rank 0 only go up to level 30th So all those pet that run around in the BETA will eventually disappear once you hit 35th.

-Arkus

Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    The zero ability pets are useless at level 50. They have a level cap and will have a hard time hitting anything 25 levels or so above them.
    IF i recall right that was removed and can now be leveled to 50.

So thee just a slighty weaker version with 1 less skill not counting passive skills you learn with them the gap is much bigger.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenison_Grey View Post
    Greater looks exactly the same as lesser, just slightly larger. Ranger's Shadow Stalker pet is a golden colored version of BM's Primal Companion.

I can testify that the 0 point Ranger pet is capped at lvl 30. I checked the Rogue trainer at level 27 and toggled to see unavailable skills. Call:Razor Beast was no longer listed as a higher level rank purchase. If a Rogue wants an effective tank pet after level 30 they have drop at least 24 points into Ranger to get Call:Greater Razor Beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayde View Post
    IF i recall right that was removed and can now be leveled to 50.

So thee just a slighty weaker version with 1 less skill not counting passive skills you learn with them the gap is much bigger.

what happens now it seems given what we observed, is that the maximum level of the pet increases with points spent in the soul. a 0 point pet with 0 points in the soul will cap out but the pet can get to a higher level without going all the way to the greater pet just by spending more points in the tree, this then lets the pet rank go higher again, of course i dont know if this will work all the way up the tree or no. i suspect as they added the greater pets possibly not.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

In regards to pet appearances, the Necro has six pet visuals iirc. The upgraded base pets were amazing looking, the druid also has a greater version faerie with new looks and a top tier 31pt pet with new looks. The mage elementalist also has unique graphics on their 3 different pets tho I cannot confirm if the Greater versions look different compared to the standard.

I'd say the ranger and beastmaster pets are unfinished though, the Razorbeast has a terrible texture and looks like a base render with no detailing done yet. The beastmaster pet looks horrendous, poor model and textures again look unfinished. Hope they give the primal and razorbeast a look over.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Arkus View Post
    Thanks for the information.

do you know any web site that may have pictures of all the pets from different rank/calling/souls?

interesting how rank 0 only go up to level 30th So all those pet that run around in the BETA will eventually disappear once you hit 35th.

-Arkus
    0 point pets will go to level 50 as it currently stands. But it can be changed again which it has already numerious times if they will allow them to go to 50 or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lodor View Post
    0 point pets will go to level 50 as it currently stands. But it can be changed again which it has already numerious times if they will allow them to go to 50 or not.
    yeah but only if the soul has points in it.

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Did anyone notice how big is the difference between the stats of the greater and lesser primal at same level?
    I was about to check this out but couldnt make it to lv21 at the beta, ended up at 20....yep, so close yet so far

As far as I can tell you can get any level 0 ability to have a max rank at level 50. This includes pets. Now it won't have all the cool abilities that the pets would if you put alot of points into the tree. And they are pretty much a generic pet as opposed to the ones you get later on in the tree. But a level 0 primal strike is the same as a 51 point primal strike if you dont count buffs in the soul tree. Once you train all the ranks that is. Pets are no different.

The reason the max level was 23 or 26 or whatever is because you can only see the next rank up on the trainer. So no skills (except for rank 2 of an ability 40+ points deep in a tree) will show up on the class trainers in the game. It only shows the next rank.
    Last edited by BucMan; 01-13-2011 at 06:05 PM.
    "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."

Soulwalker

I think that it would be nice that if you took the beastmaster soul and maxed it all out that the last skill would be a larger pet (not too large) like a lion or tiger or panther or something like that and not only could you call it to fight by your side but that you could also mount it if you wanted to, again you would have to have that soul tree completly maxed out to do it, after all you are a beast master. Just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by BucMan View Post
    As far as I can tell you can get any level 0 ability to have a max rank at level 50. This includes pets. Now it won't have all the cool abilities that the pets would if you put alot of points into the tree. And they are pretty much a generic pet as opposed to the ones you get later on in the tree. But a level 0 primal strike is the same as a 51 point primal strike if you dont count buffs in the soul tree. Once you train all the ranks that is. Pets are no different.

The reason the max level was 23 or 26 or whatever is because you can only see the next rank up on the trainer. So no skills (except for rank 2 of an ability 40+ points deep in a tree) will show up on the class trainers in the game. It only shows the next rank.
    During Beta 4 I was a lvl 27 Rogue and I checked the Rogue Trainer. Call: Razor Beast was no longer listed on the trainer at all. Therefore the 0 point Ranger pet is capped as a lvl 30 pet.
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 01-13-2011 at 06:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast