+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior PvP Build - Holy Destroyer

Cool Warrior PvP Build - Holy Destroyer

A two-handed weapon wielding PvP warrior build utilizing the defensive capabilities, cool CCs and non-GCD post-block reactive abilities of the Paladin and the great damage and healing reduction from the Champion. The build also has three CC escapes, two of which are on a 30 second CD. Now I don't know how this would work in practice, but it sure sounds cool on paper, at least to me.

Build

An alternate version would be skipping the Paladin top skills and going for stun on bull rush in Champion instead.

Build

The third alteration dumps all healing from blocking from Paladin and makes sure to get the 20-point Vindicator skill Hold the Line instead.

Build

I tried making a dual wielding Paragon using the same Paladin concept with Small Arms Specialization added, but it just wasn't there, I think Champion is better for PvP overall, especially with the healing reduction.

Post what you think!

Ascendant

Nice to see someone else thought of using the Vindicator's ability to block without a shield with Paladin. I admit I had thought about it initially with Paragon to make some kind of bizarro PvE tank, but I like your idea of using a two-hander to abuse the free 140% weapon damage counter-attacks much better.Though the Destroyer reduced healing and Trauma seems a bit overkill, in addition to the fact that they probably don't even stack. Not having Warlord hurts however, as I feel that the 8 second cooldown pull they get will make them very popular in coordinated groups.

It's a good idea - very creative. I like it. I'm curious as to how often the block will work, though. As often as with a shield? If so, that's a great idea. You'll want those pally top end abilities, though. They look great - particularly the reactive heal.

The only drawback is the loss of Warlord's block bonus. I'm definitely curious to see how well this performs.

Trauma and Champ healing reduction doesn't stack? That's a bummer is that's the case. Won't change the build though, maybe I'd put the two points in improved trauma somewhere else.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecroww View Post
    Trauma and Champ healing reduction doesn't stack? That's a bummer is that's the case. Won't change the build though, maybe I'd put the two points in improved trauma somewhere else.
    I said I don't think they stack. Because being able to use them together for -100% heals or even -75% heals would be insane.

+ Reply to Thread