+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95

Thread: Calling all Saboteurs

  1. #61
    Shadowlander Ryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I thought sabs were the easiest, yet funnest class to use. If playing the game for the first time a definite pick for anyone!

    High burst damage, man debuffs and aoe's. The only thing i regret is the low survivability.

  2. #62
    Telaran droenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Floscar79 View Post
    Dude, you really do just go around trolling. You didn't invent sabo, you had no hand in their design. Yet you are still QQing wanting credit for all the people playing sabo. Do you think the developers had some hand in the popularity of this class or did you singlehandedly break the code and make the class better? You need to spend some time in the real world, stop trolling so much in these forums.
    Totally agree. Just search sab and you'll see jaym's name in every post whining about how good they are and how they're so OP or he'll sit there and claim he's made them what they are and he was the first player to EVER touch the soul, which is a load of crap.

  3. #63
    Rift Disciple Drish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droenn View Post
    Totally agree. Just search sab and you'll see jaym's name in every post whining about how good they are and how they're so OP or he'll sit there and claim he's made them what they are and he was the first player to EVER touch the soul, which is a load of crap.
    he actually admitted in one post that he'd never played one

  4. #64
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    he actually admitted in one post that he'd never played one
    no i didnt, again with the lies id challenge you to find the post but i know you wont. i have played a sab/sin/MM/NB/RNGR/RS at 33 which is as far as my rogue got this beta. also played the warrior VK/RB/CH/PARA at 35 and mage to the high 20s.

  5. #65
    Plane Touched Skaleek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    no i didnt, again with the lies id challenge you to find the post but i know you wont. i have played a sab/sin/MM/NB/RNGR/RS at 33 which is as far as my rogue got this beta. also played the warrior VK/RB/CH/PARA at 35 and mage to the high 20s.
    Im pretty sure jaym thinks if he spams the forums on every sab thread the devs will think "omg so many people need a nerf to the saboteur" , every argument ive read out of him hasnt been backed up, its all hearsay and conjecture! If you take out the jaym posts you would probably find like one other guy that has a problem with the sab class. True story.

    Post proof man, look at your post count, youve posted everywhere the exact same thing over and over, but none of the posts ever have any content other than: "omg no wai sabs one shot everyone and kill babies before they are even born."

  6. #66
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skaleek View Post
    Im pretty sure jaym thinks if he spams the forums on every sab thread the devs will think "omg so many people need a nerf to the saboteur" , every argument ive read out of him hasnt been backed up, its all hearsay and conjecture! If you take out the jaym posts you would probably find like one other guy that has a problem with the sab class. True story.

    Post proof man, look at your post count, youve posted everywhere the exact same thing over and over, but none of the posts ever have any content other than: "omg no wai sabs one shot everyone and kill babies before they are even born."
    ive made 1 topic on sabs being OP and it was 3 betas ago.

  7. #67
    Plane Touched Skaleek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    ive made 1 topic on sabs being OP and it was 3 betas ago.
    Topic != Post, but yeah okay.

  8. #68
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Playing a sab last couple of beta's I can say that they are a great risk v reward class. If played well they can cause devastation to the enemy by controling the battlefield with snares and traps or burst damage (single & aoe). They lack survivability if engaged at close quarters so they are often paired with souls that make up for this deficiency (in my case riftstalker/bladedancer). In an organised group they can easily top the kill count (killing blows or damage done) so fulfil their roles as a pure dps soul. Going solo however the lack of healing support can easily see them at the very bottom. From a pve perspective they really need to be paired with a pet or purely melee dps soul to survive, though as someone mentioned early having silent setup can make it possible to solo with only a little downtime. The choice is yours, and there are many given the souls and roles system. That's the beauty of RIFT.

    I personally don't see them as FOTM and would predict they become a stable of any instance, raid and pvp group come release. I know I will be leveling one, and I hope to see more of them on the field.
    Last edited by Mesmer; 02-10-2011 at 10:31 AM.

  9. #69
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default

    fun with landmines, (not me though) and the sin kinda sucks but still, lulz must have been had..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4hgK...eature=related

  10. #70
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atchoo View Post
    fun with landmines, (not me though) and the sin kinda sucks but still, lulz must have been had..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4hgK...eature=related
    the sab sucks to why in gods name would he use shrapnel charge why did he not already have Land mines up. Assassins are free for even the worst sabs once you get landmines and reduced stun by 50%
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-10-2011 at 10:56 AM.

  11. #71
    Rift Disciple Drish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    no i didnt, again with the lies id challenge you to find the post but i know you wont. i have played a sab/sin/MM/NB/RNGR/RS at 33 which is as far as my rogue got this beta. also played the warrior VK/RB/CH/PARA at 35 and mage to the high 20s.
    here you go

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    Now if only we could could get half these people to man up like i did and admit they spent very little if any time with the sab.
    edit: ill also completely ignore the 4 pages of how you incorrectly argued about how charge booster worked, despite being told otherwise 20 times...
    Last edited by Drish; 02-10-2011 at 11:07 AM.

  12. #72
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    here you go



    edit: ill also completely ignore the 4 pages of how you incorrectly argued about how charge booster worked, despite being told otherwise 20 times...
    LOL did you even read to what i admitted to? it had nothing to do with playing a sab.i admitted to not using a certain ability and knowng how it worked. Also in a different topic not even 5 minutes ago you claimed charge booster has a cooldown, its obvious you havent played a sab or you did at like level 12.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 02-10-2011 at 11:16 AM.

  13. #73
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    the sab sucks to why in gods name would he use shrapnel charge why did he not already have Land mines up. Assassins are free for even the worst sabs once you get landmines and reduced stun by 50%
    constructive as ever

    Good to see a sab doing the business, click... BOOM.

    Last edited by Mesmer; 02-10-2011 at 11:10 AM.

  14. #74
    Rift Disciple mambome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Sabs are fun, especially for those of us who played Wizard in EQ.

  15. #75
    Telaran droenn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    LOL did you even read to what i admitted to? it had nothing to do with playing a sab.i admitted to not using a certain ability and knowng how it worked. Also in a different topic not even 5 minutes ago you claimed charge booster has a cooldown, its obvious you havent played a sab or you did at like level 12.
    Wait what? That sentence alone totally shows that you admitted to barely playing the Sab....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts