+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: What have you done TRION? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Krillain View Post
    he said he has a defiant rogue and a guard rogue...how is that hard to comprehend?
    It's hard to comprehend that he'd level 3 rogues.

In this post he's stated that he has one P6 rogue, and one P1.
    Now if we look at his post history you don't have to go very far back to find this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    Yeah my warrior is a Defiant- Arcticblue, i have a P6 guardian rogue - Arcticred
    I also have another P3 defiant rogue called Arcicwrath.

I have just never bothered changing my sig since i made (the last character i made, warrior) Arcticblue who is now my main, sorry for the confusion
    You can find it at http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post3145853

Since it's rare that one goes backwards in prestige I guess he has to have 3 level 50 rogue? And it is a bit hard to comprehend that someone with a warrior main for some reason would level 3 rogues.
    -Zparx of Imperium- -Icewatch-

Personally i think rogues have been slightly overbuffed and that some minor tweaks are incoming,
    But if you think trion will nerf rogues to how they were pre 1.5 your in for disappointment.

if and when these nerfs come ROGUES ARE STILL GOING TO KILL YOU IN PVP

deal with it or go find another game.

Soulwalker

I will do the latter...

Though it is really funny to see all the rogues denying to be op.

My theory is, that most rogues are really really bad players - and now they feel "balanced"

btw, there were some rogues doing decent damage and comparable figures in 1.4 - though a very small population
    Last edited by Sumi; 10-07-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Plane Touched

You know 100% up time riftwalk+fear bomb makes bad warriors look really good too. So since every callings looks OP now (p8 wise). I guess it a balance.
    Ibita: R8 Rogue - Alsbeth
    Random mages: "LOL @ immunity+ pot. You are bad!"
    Me: "Yes, im bad but you are the one who jumped and ended up at graveyard. Anything else?"

Shadowlander

i think the history of trion is they tend to have a heavy hand and swing the bat a little bit to hard so im looking at rogues which are good atm (besides some abilities like fan out FB and VM) to become useless

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
    I will do the latter...

Though it is really funny to see all the rogues denying to be op.

My theory is, that most rogues are really really bad players - and now they feel "balanced"

btw, there were some rogues doing decent damage and comparable figures in 1.4 - though a very small population
    Correction, one 3 way hybrid spec had comparable damage in 1.4, with less armor and health than their counterparts. (Unless you want to count the pet spec that gets parties wiped more often than it helps). Now rogues have viable spec's for both melee and range that do not rely on Deadly Dance to be competitive (and in fact, for Sin DD is actually a liability not an asset now).

Fortunately/unfortunately in PvP they are matching warriors DPS, in PvE they still lag slightly behind with equal gear (not enough to warrant any major changes for either class, 100-200 dps difference isn't going to make or break a raid, and a little extra utility more than makes up for it).

That's pretty well balanced in my opinion, between those 2 at least. Mages and Clerics could use a little love in their DPS souls, though it may come at a cost most likely to some of their healing synergy.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Grimthoughts View Post
    Correction, one 3 way hybrid spec had comparable damage in 1.4, with less armor and health than their counterparts. (Unless you want to count the pet spec that gets parties wiped more often than it helps). Now rogues have viable spec's for both melee and range that do not rely on Deadly Dance to be competitive (and in fact, for Sin DD is actually a liability not an asset now).

Fortunately/unfortunately in PvP they are matching warriors DPS, in PvE they still lag slightly behind with equal gear (not enough to warrant any major changes for either class, 100-200 dps difference isn't going to make or break a raid, and a little extra utility more than makes up for it).

That's pretty well balanced in my opinion, between those 2 at least. Mages and Clerics could use a little love in their DPS souls, though it may come at a cost most likely to some of their healing synergy.
    I only care about PvP. PvE is something for folks that like training the ballet dance and are thrilled to beat up a computer - in the end you just depend on 19 people not doing it wrong while in PvP you can do it right ;)

In my opinion 1.4 was the most balanced PvP patch that was out there - some fine tuning needed for sure - but fine tuning and not 1.5
    Last edited by Sumi; 10-07-2011 at 01:57 PM.

lol

This thread is funny.

All I can add constructively is maybe the OP is better at Rogue than he is Warrior. Wouldn't surprise me. I'm good with Rogue, but awful with Cleric. So I wouldn't expect to see a fair battlefield experienxe switching between them.

Of course, he'll probably just pop on and call me a bad, too.
    "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
    "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
    Mirage of Faeblight

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sumi View Post
    I only care about PvP. PvE is something for folks that like training the ballet dance and are thrilled to beat up a computer - in the end you just depend on 19 people not doing it wrong while in PvP you can do it right ;)

In my opinion 1.4 was the most balanced PvP patch that was out there - some fine tuning needed for sure - but fine tuning and not 1.5
    lulz. Ok so when warrior was a Clerics only real threat you were perfectly happy, go figure. Sorry but get used to the idea that a DPS is a DPS and should be considered a threat, pretty sure Mage and Cleric DPS souls are going to be looked at next.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Grimthoughts View Post
    lulz. Ok so when warrior was a Clerics only real threat you were perfectly happy, go figure. Sorry but get used to the idea that a DPS is a DPS and should be considered a threat, pretty sure Mage and Cleric DPS souls are going to be looked at next.
    So in your eyes every class should be able to kill every other class - even if the other class chooses to heal and therefore is not really able to kill you. Could a full specc heal kill you? Probably not and even if it got close, you could still use one of your nifty abilities and slip away whenever you chose to.

But this isn't a group game, right? There should be no need to assist each other. There should be no need of different roles in a group.

Trion simply catered to randoms like you - people that do not want to play together with their group mates but simply play alongside those other radoms in the battleground. And of course you should be able to kill every enemy in that battleground with no need to play as a team. If Trion wanted team play they would have full specc healers, that do not die to one single opponent and can not kill others on their own. And they would have dps who need to assist to kill opponents.

But today the magic word is "casual" - randoms, that get free valor and still wear their crappy T2 equipment, solo artists, that cry long enough in the forum to be able to kill everything that they are able to target. It started with all the whining about "premades" and ended with 1.5 finally destroying healing. Now everybody runs in the middle of the pit and does damage til she or he dies. Rinse and repeat. But hey, this is probably what the majority of the players wanted.

As a person who plays both a P8 rogue and p8 warrior. I know what is imbalanced and what is not. The only imbalance that rogues have that I notice is mostly in 1vs1 situations where they can gank in open world pvp from stealth. In group settings they are a massive liability. We usually double their kills in codex when the other side is mostly rogues because most of them slip away or stealth and just leave open targets that are easy to pick off.

if you are reluctant to role with stealth detection support spec. They are screwed in codex BTW.

As a warrior I can pull my weight but it is true out of all the classes out there warrior at the moment is in the worse state because warriors do not have any type of self healing comparable to the other classes. And also many of their abilities are broken.

To overcome some of the odds you can use bottle of life leech, switch between blade spells, use pots and bloodthirsty to give you an edge in that region and it will get you far as a warrior because most of the pvpers don't even use any of these things, but it is quite difficult to maintain all these things and for trion to expect us to maintain these things becomes very expensive for a pvper.

Rogues biggest enemy is purges, and aoe. All of their buffs can be removed and make them glass all the time. Nothing else is wrong with them. I still see mages and clerics top damage in most warfronts with decent amounts of healing way above that of rogues and warriors. I am surprised to see a few rogues get to top damage but besides that i see them completely balanced.

Especially when we are faced with a pure cleric mage opposition they can now actually win a few games for us. This was totally impossible last patch. And anyone who says they were balanced last patch is a joke because most rogues would not be able to do much against any class so they stealthed away at spawn or fed. No other option was possible.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 10-08-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Champion

You know there was a time when warriors were OP in PVP, but it was never this bad, simply because warrior survivability in PVP has never been very good. My NB/RS build literally takes 3-4 people to take me down it's pretty silly. But enjoying it till the nerfbat hits.

Champion

Maybe not with u behind the mouse, but with me then yes it will... and does
    Well said. Ur bad if you can't win 1 on 1 against ANY class as a rogue unless you're going up against a rank 6-8. When I'm in WFS and going for the flag and see only two people guarding it, it's like Christmas.

Plane Touched

You telling me Rogue isn't the new FOTM?
    You telling me a P1 rogue couldnt possibly beat a P4-6 warrior?
    If you truly believe any of the above statements then you need more than the help i can offer to get your head out your *****
    Yes actually. That is EXACTLY what I'm saying. Thank you for saying it so eloquently.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    You know there was a time when warriors were OP in PVP, but it was never this bad, simply because warrior survivability in PVP has never been very good. My NB/RS build literally takes 3-4 people to take me down it's pretty silly. But enjoying it till the nerfbat hits.
    It is nothing new. NB provides rogues some of the best defensive cds. Before 1.5, with Nightman build, I used to dive into 3-5 people and got out alive if i popped all my cds. It is just 99% people played 51 sin (people obsessed by slip away) so it is like a forgotten build.

The difference is with 1.5 NB builds' dps becomes really competitive (with NB/RS, rogues got even more survivabilty). At least, a rogue with this build can fight pretty much on par with a same rank 51 RB. However, it still relies on defensive cds of NB. Without them, rogue's survivability is just so-so (still it is far better than MM).
    Last edited by SlientShadow; 10-09-2011 at 01:44 AM.
    Ibita: R8 Rogue - Alsbeth
    Random mages: "LOL @ immunity+ pot. You are bad!"
    Me: "Yes, im bad but you are the one who jumped and ended up at graveyard. Anything else?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast