+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Possible "Shadow Knight" Build (PvP)

Default Possible "Shadow Knight" Build (PvP)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...19,5_&lang=eng

Hmm... I like it, what about you guys?

Replace Grim Satisfaction with Deadly Strikes.

Replace Ethereal Bond with Imbued Armour.

I say this because you probably aren't going to have any energy problems as a warrior. The abilities I'm suggesting you get rid of really don't provide a huge benefit. Swapping those abilities gets you more damage.

swapped a couple things around, took the advice and this is what I came up with

That's a good looking pvp warrior that is.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    That's a good looking pvp warrior that is.
    I've played mage the last 2 beta's and in beta 2 i played a warrior (didn't feel comfortable with it) going to give it another shot come the 25th.

Soulwalker

i think a voidknight/reaver combo would make a cooler "shadowknight" plus you'll gain the upper hand against casters with voidknight

Quote Originally Posted by Anceciaus View Post
    i think a voidknight/reaver combo would make a cooler "shadowknight" plus you'll gain the upper hand against casters with voidknight
    Conceptually sure. Though, the build he has now has got enough dps to kill 99% of casters. If he charges in, hits a couple of times and then uses his KB while they're casting, charges again and uses a finisher they're doomed.

This is going to be one of my 2 warrior pvp specs: This one using 44 Void Knight/22 Champion with a 2h, adding the baseline armor debuff and dot from Reaver. A true caster/healer killer!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...nts=0&lang=eng

You get a combat charge, combat pull, cc escape, heal debuff, aoe snare/drain, multiple other mana drains, self healing, 2 armor debuffs, aoe silence on short cd, offensive and defensive dispels, etc... Anything with a mana bar will be hurting! With the speed that pacts build up on the VK and skills like Empower combined with the reactive auto crits and deathblows out of Champ will make for some nice, controlled burst!

Have fun

edit: This is for lvl 50 PvP btw. I am not planning on PvP at low level with this build because VK doesn't start to shine until you hit the deep parts of the tree!
    Last edited by Spoonster; 01-13-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Default How can you get this spec?

Quote Originally Posted by Mucro View Post
    swapped a couple things around, took the advice and this is what I came up with

Nvm... figured it out lol
    Last edited by Beersnutz; 01-13-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Figured it out... nvm lol

Here's my version I play a 2500 arena DK in WoW and I really love the class.

If you can have a binding and a bearing up that'd be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Here's my version I play a 2500 arena DK in WoW and I really love the class.

If you can have a binding and a bearing up that'd be insane.
    Shadow Knight refers to Everquest, Since i specifically remember them using a 2hander having dots, a fear and lifetap I ifgured that'd make for great pvp. I tried to recreat it best here, I chose points i thought necessary to the build and voila. You're PvP oriented SK has been created, as for WoW DK recreation. You need a death coil spam to instawin an arena match.

Shadow Knight refers to Everquest, Since i specifically remember them using a 2hander having dots, a fear and lifetap I ifgured that'd make for great pvp. I tried to recreat it best here, I chose points i thought necessary to the build and voila. You're PvP oriented SK has been created, as for WoW DK recreation. You need a death coil spam to instawin an arena match.
    Hmm, well actually DKs don't sustain stable enough DPS to just death coil spam and win. In fact, they're used as positioning (LoS), snares, and utilities to help a major DPSer, such as a warrior, burst through an enemy's defense. Plus there's only 1 out of my 25 keybinds for death coil.

Quote Originally Posted by mtndew View Post
    Hmm, well actually DKs don't sustain stable enough DPS to just death coil spam and win. In fact, they're used as positioning (LoS), snares, and utilities to help a major DPSer, such as a warrior, burst through an enemy's defense. Plus there's only 1 out of my 25 keybinds for death coil.
    I'm talking about s5 n s6 DK's and how DC was broken in PvP.

I had over 30 binds on my DK and played a Frost DK in s7 (yes DW) I tried pushing it in PvP but everyone was like "LOL you's a noob go l2p scrub"

I made a huge post about it on the forums but everyone laughed it off... too bad I got to 2300 with DW Frost DK
    Last edited by Mucro; 01-15-2011 at 12:50 AM.

I'm talking about s5 n s6 DK's and how DC was broken in PvP.

I had over 30 binds on my DK and played a Frost DK in s7 (yes DW) I tried pushing it in PvP but everyone was like "LOL you's a noob go l2p scrub"

I made a huge post about it on the forums but everyone laughed it off... too bad I got to 2300 with DW Frost DK
    Ah, I've only played my DK in S8. But, you have to admit the class is fun as hell.

Soulwalker

Void knight is also DK like with a death grip like ability. I would say Champ/reaver/VK would be good, since I doubt many people will be PvP rank 6 right off the bat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast