+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pyro PvP - Build + play guide.

Exclamation Pyro PvP - Build + play guide.

So i just had a massive revelation.

Fire burns.

Soul Talents
    Here is the Build.
    Click Me!!

Everything in there makes sense, damage, utility whatever.

Pyro
    -1 point into Grounding Power because we just want to be able to cast it in combat.
    - Nothing in Fire Shield because a 30% chance for 15% hp shield isnt much, and you'll want to be party pvping anyway.
    -max everything else out, it'll DEFINITLY help! We want Ground of Strength!

Archmage
    - Into this for the crits, Crit damage and Nevin's Lament (woooo!)

Elementalist
    - 5% chance to Crit!

Rotation

-You want Pyromancers Armor on

-Cast Ground of Strength roughly around where you want to stand. (-30% damage, Immune to CC's and 30% chance to stun.)

-Cast Flamebolt
    -Cast Fireball
    -Fireball
    -Flamebolt
    -Fireball
    -Fireball
    -Flamebolt
    -Fireball
    Repeat.

Not hard right?

If you get Wildfire, Hit three Flamebolts then jump back into your rotation.

You'll also notice that with the 1.5 GCD mages have, and the 2 sec cast from Ignition the rotation lasts 7.5 seconds. Improved Flamebolt increases our damage by 10% for 10 seconds.

Now the important part... the part that will rock your socks!!

When your Pyromancers Armor procs, you need to go into overdrive mode.

-Cast Ground of Power (20% Increased Damage)
    - Cast Countdown (damage after 8 seconds)
    - Cast Flamebolt (10% damage)
    - Cast Internalize Charge (+20% damage)
    -Cast Nevin's Lament (100% chance to crit)
    -Cast your instant cast Crit Cinder Burst!!
    - Cast Inferno for good measure.

- Cast Pyromancer Armor again
    -Cast Ground of Strength again and resume rotation. Till the next proc.

Your countdown will hit ~ .5 seconds after your Crit CB, and your Inferno 1.5 seconds after that. Thats ALOT of burst damage. Now, your crit CB will hit for ~+50% Damage from your active abilities... and your Soul Talents increase damage by +39% and crit damage by +30%

Now, its alot of casts to prepare for it, and your dps stops almost completely (aside from Combust ticks and the Flamebolt) .... and you do have ONE cast time in there for your GoP.
    But the rest are instant casts, and you have (as far as i know) no time limit on the cast of CB, so you can run around like a headless chicken casting them till you blow them up. (Just make sure you are on your ground when you cast it!!)

You'll also be critting alot normally, just because. Disastrous Consequences loves it.

If you get an bunch of your enemies....
    (get some charge!)
    -Have Fire Armor up
    - Cast Ground of Power
    - Cast Internalize Charge
    -Cast Nevin's Lament
    -Cast Backdraft (2 sec Stun)
    -Cast Lockdown (8 sec 90% snare)
    -CastFirestorm (Channeled AoE)

If you are getting hit by;
    - STAY IN YOUR Ground of Strength!!
    - A Range and you want to kill him, Flash Fire him then start owning him
    - A Range and you dont want to kill him Detaunt
    - Any phyical damage dealing class, Burn him
    - Any Melee Class, Burning Bonds him, move out of range and nuke him.
    - Flicker if you get CC'ed out of your GoS.
    - Break Free if Flicker isnt up.
    - Rune Shield if you need to RUN THE HECK AWAY!

If you need Mana;
    -Sit in your Grounds
    - Cast Smoldering Power with 80 charge.

If you need some fast damage
    -GoP
    -Cast Heat Wave
    - Cast Internalize Charge
    - Cast Countdown
    -Flamebolt
    - Spam Fireballs
    - Recast Countdown
    - More Spam

(dont hit your Flamebolts if they proc, 1 sec fireballs do more and have higher crit chance)

Rate, Comment and get ready to FEEL THE BURN!!

Edit: I have been made aware that some of these numbers are incorrect. These have been updated along with the rotation i feel most rewarding for dealing burst damage.
    Last edited by Anlyon; 01-16-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Updated

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

That my friend, is the best guide to Pyro I have seen thus far

What comments would you make in terms of a PVE build along a similar line, rotations etc etc please?

drop 3 out of overload and put them into tempest. i believe 3 in overload ups your crit damage by 15%, but 5 points in tempest ups it by 50%. also, you don't have enough points in pyro to cast ground of strength, so as it stands, you don't need to worry about recasting it after casting ground of power :P

"I find that hopelessness makes the best aphrodisiac..."

Quote Originally Posted by JVassie View Post
    That my friend, is the best guide to Pyro I have seen thus far

What comments would you make in terms of a PVE build along a similar line, rotations etc etc please?
    Cheers!

To be honest im not all about PvE.. but i did make a build!

PvE Build

Same Basic Rotation, only

Add Exposure First.
    -Flamebolt
    -Add Leeching Flames and Ignite
    - 2x Fireballs.

You also have

A roots in Encase
    25% heal by Sacrificing your creature with & Instant cast Creature with Fast Summon
    Revitalize when you are low on mana
    Purification to remove 2 curses
    Conusming Flames Bubble that cant be cast on you.
    Crits heals 2.5% mana with Exhilaration
    Bubble on you with Icy Shield.
    AWESOME AoE - Burning Ground & Firestorm on top of each other.

You do lose the 100% chance to crit Ability, but you gain a lot of survivability, mana regen and you dont really lose that much crit awesomeness.

Or you could go
    This Build

and grab Poly, increased int and Priests Lament (good for bosses with heals!)

which would probably be my preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by pokett View Post
    drop 3 out of overload and put them into tempest. i believe 3 in overload ups your crit damage by 15%, but 5 points in tempest ups it by 50%. also, you don't have enough points in pyro to cast ground of strength, so as it stands, you don't need to worry about recasting it after casting ground of power :P
    Yeah linked the wrong build from my word doc. Fixed

Also, Overload is 30%
    Last edited by Anlyon; 01-13-2011 at 01:59 AM.

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

Soulwalker

Awesome build, im using it for my mage for sure!!

Burn em up!

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

much better. i'd trade 50% for 30% just so i could keep scaling up the archmage tree, too.

I did some work of my own on it and came up with the following, what do you think of it? I kept the Exposure out of the main rotation so it can be saved for the 'big bang' as it were. It also takes advantage of Heat Wave, allowing you to get in a second Cinder Blast with the +dmg effects still active. You only need to worry about one Ground as well, and in PVE you won't need to move anything like as much for the most part. After your second Cinder Burst, the rest of your cooldowns are up, so you can get straight back into your main DPS rotation and get ready for a second proc on Pyro's Armour. As I mention below, because of the absence of the PVP soul, it is important to use your gear to maximise crit chance, because you will then benefit from the extra 50% damage from Tempest, as well as the hit being bigger from the crit itself. I have feeling this build (or similar) will be able to chalk up some huge numbers on the board.

Have tried to make my style of writing this easy to follow for everyone, apologies if it isn't easy to understand for anyone, just shout if you have questions.

Link to Build (21 Ele / 41 Pyro / 4 Archon)

Rotation:

First important thing is always:
    -Stand in your Ground of Power

To start the rotation:
    -Have Pyromancer's Armour on

Then the main DPS rotation is as follows:
    -Cast Ignite
    -Cast Flamebolt
    -Cast Fireball
    -Cast Fireball
    -Repeat...

If Wildfire procs, then cast three Flamebolts in a row and then resume the rotation.

Your main DPS rotation will benefit from a +10% damage bonus with 3/3 in Improved Flame Bolt (100% chance to proc) - You also have DoT from Ignite and a 40% chance for each Fireball to do an extra 10% DoT (which can stack 3 times)

Now for the fun bit as they say, the key is waiting for your Pyromancer's Armour to proc, which gives you a free instant-cast Cinder Blast, so we need to set ourselves up to make that free CB do as much extra damage as possible. When it procs, we have the following rotation to carry out:

-Make sure your in your Ground of Power (+25% damage) [re-cast if necessary]
    -Cast your Fire Armour (+5% damage)
    -Cast your Exposure (+10% damage)
    -Cast your Lockdown (+5% damage and 90% snare for 8 seconds)
    -Cast your Countdown (Extra damage after 8 seconds)
    -Cast your Internalize Charge (+50% damage)
    -Cast a Flame Bolt (+10% damage) [cast this last so it benefits from the previous +dmg casts]
    -Cast your instant-cast Cinder Burst (Hope for a crit!)
    -Cast your Heat Wave (this resets all your cooldowns including CB, and halves cast time)
    -Cast another Cinder Burst (cast takes 3 seconds after HW)
    -Cast your Inferno (if less than 30% health on target)
    -Cast your Pyromancer's Armour (to be able to start rotation again)

Some notes on the above, unfortunately we do away with the PVP soul which would give us a 100% crit chance on the next spell cast, so it is important that our gear focus on +crit chance as well as +spell damage

As well as 5 (6 if you count your Ground of Power) castable damage increasers, you also have the following passive talents which increase our damage output:

- Tempest (+50% damage on crit)
    - Burning Bright (+24% damage)
    - Soul Fire (+4% damage)

On top of your own casts, combined with their various cooldowns etc, you have your own elemental pet (Lesser Air Elemental) which benefits from:

- Elemental Link (+10% damage)

If your pet dies due to AoE damage from the boss (or mobs) you have Fast Summon at your hands which gives you an instant cast pet for 15 seconds, so your downtime in damage from pet is minimum

Because exposure is 30 second effect on a 30 second CD you dont really need to save it at all, and its a very low cost too (7 on the tooltip)

Keep it up all the time.

Also, you gain 4 % damage from acheron, but lost the 5-10% chance to crit from Disasterous Consequences,
    For pvp you also lost 15% damage against players from Planar Attunement.

So, you exchanged 15% damage vs players,
    100% chance when interrupted to instant cast your interrupted spell,
    5 and 10% chance to crit when you crit,
    100% chance to crit,
    30% crit damage
    5% chance to dispel snares and roots and increase speed
    Detaunt (-50% damage from a player)
    and Break Free (remove CC's)

For

10% damage which must be kept up
    4% damage
    10% less damage taken
    50% crit damage.

not my choice.

I like the Heat Wave addition, i completely overlooked it. Adding that to my original post!

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

here's my idea for a Pyro build - i'd have to change some things around to accomodate a pvp soul, probably dropping the elementalist points, but for now:

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...16,5_&lang=eng

Pyro - Ele - Warlock 38/16/12

Pyro - we all know how pyro works, this build pretty much does the same, minus the extra points in ground of power, and minus ground of strength. i just don't plan to be standing around that often, but GoP is there should you wish it. IN pvp, the stuns, flicker, and the aoe snare are all instant cast, the root is instant and unbreakable, and the partial damage shield should help mitigate some damage.

Ele - More damage mitigation via the pet, and the ice shield. You get another root that lasts for 12 seconds, a spammable fire nuke/dot combo in ignite, an aoe fire dot, but most importantly, a 5% crit increase, and 50% crit damage increase.

Warlock - Here's where it gets interesting - Magic affinity increases your charge generation by 25%. Vitality and Neddra's Strength help offset your lack of hitpoints from Burning Bright. Reconstruct is an on demand heal based on charge consumption, and Fear provides you another cc for 8 seconds should you need one. but best of all, Opportunity gives you a 10% to have the cast time of your next spell reduced by 100%. that's basically a 20% chance to have an instant Cinderburst available. and hey, if its still on cooldown, there's always fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by Anlyon View Post
    Because exposure is 30 second effect on a 30 second CD you dont really need to save it at all, and its a very low cost too (7 on the tooltip)

Keep it up all the time.

Also, you gain 4 % damage from acheron, but lost the 5-10% chance to crit from Disasterous Consequences,
    For pvp you also lost 15% damage against players from Planar Attunement.

So, you exchanged 15% damage vs players,
    100% chance when interrupted to instant cast your interrupted spell,
    100% chance to crit,
    30% crit damage
    5% chance to dispel snares and roots and increase speed
    Detaunt (-50% damage from a player)
    and Break Free (remove CC's)

For

10% damage which must be kept up
    4% damage
    10% less damage taken
    50% crit damage.

not my choice.

I like the Heat Wave addition, i completely overlooked it. Adding that to my original post!
    I honestly don't mind losing all the PVP related abilities, with a 2 second change of spec, I can be in a PVP build, the one true hurt is the lack of the 100% next crit, but hopefully with endgame +crit gear the difference should be near enough negligible (I hope)

[x] So, you exchanged 15% damage vs players,
    [x] 100% chance when interrupted to instant cast your interrupted spell,
    100% chance to crit,
    30% crit damage
    [x]5% chance to dispel snares and roots and increase speed
    [x]Detaunt (-50% damage from a player)
    [x]and Break Free (remove CC's)

All the [x]'s above aren't of value to me in a PVE build I guess, it's only the crit-related abilities that I miss.

Glad you liked the Heat Wave addition, took me a while to notice it too! Makes sense to use up all the damage bonuses you can on another Cinder Burst.

Not bad at all!

Id drop the Fire shield for improved ground of power, but thats all id change. neat build.

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

Quote Originally Posted by Anlyon View Post
    Not bad at all!

Id drop the Fire shield for improved ground of power, but thats all id change. neat build.
    yeah i could go either way on that one, too. i'd have to test the shield and see how effective it really is. perhaps combined with one of those greater soul essences you can apply to your trinket, it would be more useful. then you'd have 2 shields working for you, and hopefully they stack.

Rift Disciple

is all sound sooo nice, but what are you numbers when you hit someone with your GCD on and off?

can you nuke someone with one nuke for 1200+ to 1500 if it crit? as far as i know we cant get past the 1k mark. and Marksmen/ranger got no problem there

Quote Originally Posted by Ondesvin View Post
    is all sound sooo nice, but what are you numbers when you hit someone with your GCD on and off?

can you nuke someone with one nuke for 1200+ to 1500 if it crit? as far as i know we cant get past the 1k mark. and Marksmen/ranger got no problem there
    No-ones tested it because the max level hasnt let us get those skills. but yes, i think it will hit more than 1k

Quote Originally Posted by pokett View Post
    yeah i could go either way on that one, too. i'd have to test the shield and see how effective it really is. perhaps combined with one of those greater soul essences you can apply to your trinket, it would be more useful. then you'd have 2 shields working for you, and hopefully they stack.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Anlyon; 01-13-2011 at 03:45 AM.

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast