+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Rate my Paragon/champion/riftblade Solo Build

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28

    Default Rate my Paragon/champion/riftblade Solo Build

    So the theory behind this build is to build up your parry chance as much as possible.

    Using Way fo the Wind, I get a free attack on anyone who I parry. Which activates follow-up attacks as well. So I can use Death Touch which provides a huge debuff and does excellent damage. Pretty much after the first 10 seconds of a fight i should have over a 90% parry bonus( -minus diminishing returns).

    This will be my Solo/PvP build. This is an Anti-melee build, but with my 2 charges and disarms/silences i should be somewhateffective on casters.

    I will switch to other builds for Raids but im thinking this is an awesome survival build

    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...10100100305500


    Let me know what you guys think

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara mtndew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    my moms ex husband
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    10/10
    Have fun doing whatever you want to do.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara IceDread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Would not do that well in pvp against those who go for pvp and know pvp. A lot of pvp battles will be over before 10 seconds and even those which do last longer that build is not very flexible.
    Last edited by IceDread; 01-13-2011 at 05:25 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...19,5_&lang=eng

    This is a much better pvp build i think using the same 3 souls. You lose the parry attack buff (should be using crit anyway) and the 44 point ability in paragon. But the heal debuff and 3 sec stun on bullrush are an absolute must in pvp.

  5. #5
    Champion MadMainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Made some slight tweaks to your build.

    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...10102100305500

    Deadly Grace > Force of Will.
    You will almost never use PotT so I put the point into Wrist Strike
    100% Crit on Inescapable Fury and Crits reduce healing by 50% are must haves for PvP.
    Of By For

    Click on the banner and join us today!

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    Made some slight tweaks to your build.

    http://www.riftrolebuilder.com/build...10102100305500

    Deadly Grace > Force of Will.
    You will almost never use PotT so I put the point into Wrist Strike
    100% Crit on Inescapable Fury and Crits reduce healing by 50% are must haves for PvP.
    your link comes up all screwed up for me i cant see what it is.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    How can you say you wont use pott it is the paragons only damaaging finisher afterr you use strike like iron and shifting blades what are you gonna use? and 45% crit dmage of PoTR,death touch,path of hurricane and rising waterfall is way better than deadly grace.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-13-2011 at 09:32 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple LadyStarlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    your link comes up all screwed up for me i cant see what it is.
    the link worked fine for me. But here I redid MadMainer's build on another soul planner. Paragon/champ/riftblade

    BTW you all realize there is one point unspent?
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyStarlea View Post
    the link worked fine for me. But here I redid MadMainer's build on another soul planner. Paragon/champ/riftblade

    BTW you all realize there is one point unspent?
    you dont even have the stun from bullrush its your only CC besides the disarm.

  10. #10
    Champion MadMainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyStarlea View Post
    the link worked fine for me. But here I redid MadMainer's build on another soul planner. Paragon/champ/riftblade

    BTW you all realize there is one point unspent?
    Yeah that builder is buggy... suppose to be in paragon for paired strikes,
    Of By For

    Click on the banner and join us today!

  11. #11
    Champion MadMainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    you dont even have the stun from bullrush its your only CC besides the disarm.
    2 charges with 2 sec roots each, a 15 second snare, 5 sec disarm, a 6 sec snare with 6 sec AOE fear... Not sure what you are talking about.

    I also tried to keep his build as close to his original as possible. 2 sec snare instead of a 3 sec stun is not the end of the world.
    Of By For

    Click on the banner and join us today!

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    the heal debuff and stun from bull rush are absolute musts in pvp if you are gonna include champion in your build. champion is one of the only heal debuffs in the game.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    2 charges with 2 sec roots each, a 15 second snare, 5 sec disarm, a 6 sec snare with 6 sec AOE fear... Not sure what you are talking about.

    I also tried to keep his build as close to his original as possible. 2 sec snare instead of a 3 sec stun is not the end of the world.
    3 second stun means they arent fighting back a snare isnt gonna help you kill a cleric or catch a marksman immune to snares and roots but preventing his heals with the heal debuff and stun will.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple LadyStarlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadMainer View Post
    Yeah that builder is buggy... suppose to be in paragon for paired strikes,
    ah ok. thought I would put it there myself in this build so here it is fixed
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

  15. #15
    Champion MadMainer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    3 second stun means they arent fighting back a snare isnt gonna help you kill a cleric or catch a marksman immune to snares and roots but preventing his heals with the heal debuff and stun will.
    1) When I updated his build, I forgot to includ the 50% heal debuff. Simple to just remove 2 from str increase and healers would not be an issue.
    2) MM get immunity for FIVE whole seconds... Pop FoF so the Rogue only has a 20% speed increase and beat him down with PotW 3 times > Charge > finish with 3 pt finisher. MM is dead and the snare/root immunity was useless.
    3) For anyone else... 3 seconds of not fighting back will make zero difference when going up against this build.

    edit: Also a charge + mez strike will nullify the snare break ability.
    Last edited by MadMainer; 01-13-2011 at 09:58 AM.
    Of By For

    Click on the banner and join us today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts