+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Tanking

Default Rogue Tanking

Solo Target/Boss Tanking
    Multiple Targets/AE Tanking/General 5-man Group Use

Would love opinions, I can't think of anywhere else the points belong, everything seems correct to me. There's really nothing further into the Riftstalker tree that's worth the points they require anyhow.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Paramount; 01-12-2011 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Removing centered links

Bump, would appreciate even the slightest bit of attention. C'mon people.

Soulwalker

I don't see any reasoning for you posting that, being as I'm looking for opinions on these builds and not others. If you have something productive to post, that'd be wonderful.

Telaran

(Considering your group spec)

You'll want to do some testing on what actually stacks and what doesn't. There's no clear labeling as to what occupies the same enhancement or ability slot and what is different. Though everything there *looks* like it should stack.

Considering you're tanking, one possible consideration for your last 5 points rather than 15% of dex from Saboteur would be bard.

Bard: 10% max health, cadence for non block/parry/dodge 3 combo points in 2s, +5 endurance buff to group. The endurance buff has stacking issues with what other people provide, so may or may not be worthwhile depending on group make up.

Rift Guard's absorption is based on your max health, so you may see more mileage going this route.

On the other hand you could put the other 5 points back into blade dancer, keep sab rank 0 for the aoe snare. Extra 5 points in blade dancer could give you:
    - Reprisal: non-gcd abilities are good, this one doesn't miss or get parried or dodged. So it'll only get blocked, and 6s measly cooldown.
    - Flash of Steel: non-gcd break snare/root charge attack that again doesn't miss or get parried or dodged. Gives 2 combo points too. Min range of 8 but if you're tanking you need to address the issue of being crowd controlled (knockback + root maybe) or having to pick up an add or ripped aggro. 15s cooldown so you can also use it to engage the enemy without too much worry of blowing the cycle timer.
    - Disengage: 20s reuse, non-gcd 4s stun that follows the theme of no miss parry dodge. Need to use after parry/dodge attack.

Consider also taking 1 point out of combat efficiency, slight reduction in energy recovery, and put 2 points into Improved False Blade for the extra parry chance.

That'll let you get the endline Dancing Steel, which gives you an "oh noes!" immunity to CC besides doing lots of damage. Additionally, this gives you a 3 min reuse 15s buff of keen strike crits after quick strike or precision strike. So consider the following chain:
    Finisher move
    00s Double Coup
    01s Keen Strike (1 cp)
    02s Precision Strike (3 cp)
    03s Keen Strike *crit* (4cp)
    04s Quick Strike (5cp)
    05s Finisher move, whatever's appropriate for situation
    06s Keen Strike *crit* (1cp)
    07s Quick Strike (2cp)
    08s Keen Strike *crit* (3cp)
    09s Quick Strike (4cp)
    10s Keen Strike *crit* (5cp)
    11s Finisher move
    12s Quick Strike (1cp)
    13s Keen Strike *crit* (2cp)
    14s Precision Strike (4cp)
    15s Keen Strike *crit* (5cp)
    16s Finisher move

Potentially guaranteeing 6 crit hits, though if timing isn't 100% perfect or if there's lag you may be looking at 5 crits, depends on how the mechanic works exactly.

Whether that's worth losing the 15% dex from the 5 points in sab remains to be seen. Won't until people have a better breakdown of the underlying game mechanics. Regardless, it's worth considering the additional utility this gives you, especially in a tanking capacity and the burst dps from Double Coup.
    Last edited by Harowen; 01-13-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Paramount View Post
    I don't see any reasoning for you posting that, being as I'm looking for opinions on these builds and not others. If you have something productive to post, that'd be wonderful.
    I have a post on there that explains that... just didn't feel like reposting the whole thing alll over again

Quote Originally Posted by Anceciaus View Post
    I have a post on there that explains that... just didn't feel like reposting the whole thing alll over again
    Copy pasta, or quote. ;)

I dont like at all your solo tank build.

You played before riftstalker?
    Death from the shadow, hasted time, shadow mastery, rift prison are all really wasted points.
    sprint? No thanks.
    And reprisal is GOD SEND, free combo points and agro at 0 cost.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Harowen View Post
    (Considering your group spec)

Whether that's worth losing the 15% dex from the 5 points in sab remains to be seen. Won't until people have a better breakdown of the underlying game mechanics. Regardless, it's worth considering the additional utility this gives you, especially in a tanking capacity and the burst dps from Double Coup.
    With building a tank I find it usually best to focus on effective health, mitigation and hitpoints. It is less streaky then all out avoidance and gives healers a smooth incoming damage amount rather then hills and valleys of damage.

There's always middle ground between the two, but with how riftstalker hitpoints effects rift ward guard I would value 10% HP from the bard tree over the 15% dex from the sab tree. The bard also can give access to Anthem of glory,(109 armor) and Street smarts(-3% to be hit -3% chance to be crit).

about this:

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...alants=2720,5_

remove hasted time and use those point to buy the 3d level of cautios stalker and shadow assault... hasted time is pretty uselees in pve tanking u don't have to run around... and when u have to do that u have 2 no targeted jump (that u usually not use to have your buff up) and can also use your targeted jump if u have to run to take back the aggro from some running mob (and already have used your taunt... (well I can't see this happening but if it really happen u already have a lot of solotuion that work better than hastened time...)... also combat culmination + planar switch is not that good combo... planar switch has 10 sec cd... usually enough to use it when u need it... and combat culmination will only be usefull with the first mob (once the inc is over u will rec energy in a few sec) so personally I will avoid combat culmination and spend those point in: Reprisail (as said is god send... free CP out of gcd...) and Improved false blade (if u alternate planar refuge and false step using one of those for each pull u have all the time u need to build up the 5 CP false blade at each pull... and so a +5 dodge +6 parry)
    the remaining 4 point will be moved on the BD... for: 1 reprisal (once again why not?), 3 combat efficency... also why sprint? move it to combat efficency for a total of 4 point...

About this:

rift prison... useless against boss... they are all (or almost all) immune to cc...hastened time... totally useless u have teleport... as said before... death from the shadow... why more dmg? u don't need it hold aggro also it build xtra dmg on a non aggro skill... ^^ planar switch... on a single boss build I can't see very well the use of this... but it may come handfull some time (if u need to assist your party member on an add... but your cp are usulally spent to build up defensive buff... can u afford to spend them for dmg? if not than it's useless)... 1 of those point should be moved to freedom of movement... there are al lot boss out there that stun or use other cc... it could be usefull to not be stunned ^^

the main point is: your build present an excessive mobility...hastened time is pretty useless in a pve situation... (and I've got my doubt in a pvp situation too...) u've go a lot of teleport 3 targeted and 2 non targeted with 30 sec cd... u can use your 3 targeted teleport to hold up your buff (one every 10 sec) and the 2 non targeted to move when u really need them...

hope this can help...
    The truth about Asha Catari leader of the Defiant and Regolus the great enemy of Talera that u've always known and feared to tell...

Quote Originally Posted by Zakir View Post
    Daughter of Macguyver, sent back in time by Doc, to do battle with Chuck Norris.

/end lore.

Man it was a waste to come here and post this, no matter though. Thanks for the opinions.

+ Reply to Thread