+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Melee PVP/PVE gank DPS powerhouse build

Shadowlander

Default Rogue Melee PVP/PVE gank DPS powerhouse build

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...alants=2619,5_

Working with the lower parts of this build from beta 4 (Up until level 19) seemed successful. Cant wait to test when full game is released. Was able to beat casters 1v1 in duels and and do very well in warfronts using the early parts of this build. I would like to note however, that it doesn't start to shine until ~16 in my experiences.

Great mix of burst DPS,CC, stuns, snares, Interrupt, silences, disarm, buffs in dexterity and endurance, stat boosts in: dodge, crit chance, hit chance, dexterity, attack power, and physical damage , as well as get-aways (Sprint, Shadow Shift, and if needed Slip Away). If applicable depending on chosen race, combine the buffs received from Kelari racial Active ability that increases crit chance and a passive ability that increases crit damage. This build, on paper, seems like a powerhouse in middle to later levels.

Please reply with your thoughts or improvements on this build, but please don't reply with "all melee rogues suck and are currently gimped" because they can have their advantages and usefulness. I've always been the "rogue melee class" in just about every MMO I've played and am trying to make the best of what we got. If they truely are gimped, it will be fixed eventually and I will stick with it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention in middle paragraph stat boost on energy pool and proc chance of recovery energy to continue "going at it" longer.
    Last edited by seldoms; 01-12-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Shadowlander

No comments makes me a sad panda

Plane Touched

5 points in riftstalker? Riftstalker is a MUCH better soul to go up than bladedancer

I wouldn't combine PVP and PVE builds. Get one for PVP and one for PVE.
    Deliciousness of Addiction
    Rift Beta 5 PVP compilation by Anesthetics

you really should consider Poison Master 5/5

increases your chance to proc poisons from 20 to 30%

this is important because you get a poison that if procced gives you 5 energy ... soo more energy regen -> more pewpew

especially for pve when you will be fighting with the energy flag 100% of the time
    He has journeyed where none have been before. Now he returns to ensure that none follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anesthetics View Post
    I wouldn't combine PVP and PVE builds. Get one for PVP and one for PVE.
    Is it possible to have 2 diff builds for pvp and pve?

Rifstalker doesn't add hardly any dps for a assassin. Would probably remove the rifstalker 5 points and add it to poison mastery for more of a chance to proc energy regen. And do saboteur for your 3rd build just for the beginning snare they get. Then since you have 37 points in assassin, just remove one from the bladedancer tree (dodge %) and add to assassin for an extra poison ability.

Also just going by ability tips rather than experience, but you could probably remove the 2 points from improved final blow because paralyzing strike shows the same dmg + 4 sec stun, so you'd probably use that more for an initiator.
    Last edited by Erie; 01-13-2011 at 04:46 AM.

[QUOTE=Erie;469594]Is it possible to have 2 diff builds for pvp and pve?

Im going to take a stab in the dark and say beta 4 was your first Rift experience? One of the most beuatiful things about the Rift soul system is you can save up to five different builds of 3 souls. So yes you can have pve builds and raid builds and pvp builds etc, essentialy 5 different multi spec builds that you can load in game anytime you choose These specs are not restricted to the first 3 souls you choose either, for example if you chose as your first 3 souls marksman/riftstalker/ranger you can buy a new role and then maybe choose markman/riftstalker/assassin just visit the appropriate trainer and get the next soul once you have purchased your new role! I can see your mind swirling now and saying to itself OMFG! the possibilities are nearly endless! hehe welcome my friend to the awsomness of the rift ascended soul system! enjoy

Soulwalker

I personally made this build for a Tank/DPS PvP build. With the points taken, it becomes EXTREMELY mobile, able to keep up the two defensive phase shift buffs 100% of the time and being able to put out nice pressure/force target changes extremely easy followed up by an instant huge mana burn on the new target along with healing debuffs, cast slows and interrupts. When Beta 5 comes I will be leveling my Rogue to 30 and trying out the lower points of this build in Warfronts (Mostly Black Garden).

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...2816,5_2818,5_

Let me know what you think of the point allocation and what changes could be made. The main focus of it was to be super mobile while having good defense. With Bladedancer, dodge cooldown mixed with the 50% reduction in riftstalker allows huge damage mitigation against melee along with lots of Strike Backs and Reprisals.

EDIT: Should mention this is strictly PVP soul.
    Last edited by Keia; 01-13-2011 at 06:03 AM.

Shadowlander

@Kakiro: While Rift Stalker is nice, it doesn't output nearly the damage a Assassin/Blade Dancer main would be. The 5 points in Riftstalker are for 3 reasons. Increased Attack Power to compliment damage output, Shadow Shift, and Planebound Resilliance (Endurance Buff).

@Anesthetics: While normally I'd agree, I'd more or less say this build is 80% PvP, 20% PvE, and would go farther to say that for PvE elements I'd reconsider unless you're going for high DPS in PvE, it does have decent sustainable damage via several energy skills though which is a plus.

@Prayz: Yeah it took me a while to consider that. After thinking about it I decided against it for a few reasons. 30% of 100 is still a little less than 1/3 chances. In order to put 5 points into poison mastery that would mean I'd need to remove points from either RiftStalker or Blade Dancer. If I remove more than 1 Point from Blade Dancer I lose 2 very useful skills, Vivacity which is permanent increase in energy pool which counteracts the point in doing so in the first place, and I'd also lose Disengage, another useful ability that gives me another stun and coincides with strike back and sidesteps. Dropping more than one point in Riftstalker removes Planebound resilience which is a nice self buff and each point removed from Unseen Fury removes 3% Added attack power per point.

@Erie: Paralyzing Strike is an opener only available while in stealth while final blow is a finisher move of which when fully ranked up deals more spike damage than any other finisher for any other class. Increasing the damage further is pretty nice to have for a burst damage class.

@Keia: I havent had much testing experiance with the full Rift Stalker build, but at a glance looks pretty solid. More for a back-line caster killing class than anything though, would be difficult to pull off vs another melee class or Warrior.

Thanks for the suggestions! Keep em' commin..

Quote Originally Posted by Keia View Post
    I personally made this build for a Tank/DPS PvP build. With the points taken, it becomes EXTREMELY mobile, able to keep up the two defensive phase shift buffs 100% of the time and being able to put out nice pressure/force target changes extremely easy followed up by an instant huge mana burn on the new target along with healing debuffs, cast slows and interrupts. When Beta 5 comes I will be leveling my Rogue to 30 and trying out the lower points of this build in Warfronts (Mostly Black Garden).

http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...2816,5_2818,5_

Let me know what you think of the point allocation and what changes could be made. The main focus of it was to be super mobile while having good defense. With Bladedancer, dodge cooldown mixed with the 50% reduction in riftstalker allows huge damage mitigation against melee along with lots of Strike Backs and Reprisals.

EDIT: Should mention this is strictly PVP soul.
    May want to drop a Riftstalker point and pick up a point in Blade Dancer for Weapon Barrage. During Beta 4 Weapon Barrage was back to it's original non-finisher form and one of the best silences in the game. A ranged attack that ignores GDC interrupts and silences for 5 secs on a 10 second CD. Even if the silence is reduced in PvP it's still a handy thing to have.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tenison_Grey View Post
    May want to drop a Riftstalker point and pick up a point in Blade Dancer for Weapon Barrage. During Beta 4 Weapon Barrage was back to it's original non-finisher form and one of the best silences in the game. A ranged attack that ignores GDC interrupts and silences for 5 secs on a 10 second CD. Even if the silence is reduced in PvP it's still a handy thing to have.
    Ahh, in that case it would be better to grab that, you're right. I put those points in those spots to be a mostly tank sort of character that (in premade groups) can be the focus target of the group, made better by collecting 5 CPs, teleporting to another target, swapping CPs and burning huge amounts of mana. It's less a DPSer more of a focus point for everyone else (and it would pull it off very well)

Soulwalker

Default If you want a powerhouse gank then this is only build suitable for it

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...19,5_&lang=eng

Purpose stun, buffs, insane dmg, 8 sec lock with building 1 finisher , not worry some about getting all these finisher, not about combo points pure dps backstab, bleed, crits, insane damage in 8 secs, kills any 1 to anything if executed right.

^ i was testing out something VERY close to that, i tried setting up a build that would play like my sin in Aion

from basic testing i noticed you can stay in stealth and shadow shift, i wanted to test out the ambush type skill with stealth up.

i really wanted to get strike back in from bladedancer, but i couldn't fit it either.

only difference between mine and yours is i have blind on instead of puncture. if they don't fix blind i don't think i will keep it tho, right now it comes off with the apply of poisons and bleeding it seems.

the other build i wanted to test was more blade dancer to get 2 second root, 4 second stun, strike back, disarm 6 second. but i would have to give up bleed, 50% armor pen with backstab and blind.
    Last edited by greyhawk; 01-14-2011 at 03:48 AM.

You can have up to 4 roles so far. What I would suggest is:

1) Your PvE role
    2) Your PvP role
    3) Your tank role
    4) Your range (or if PvE is range) / your melee role

But ya mixing a PvP and a PvE role probably isn't a good idea. Either your PvE or your PvP would suffer...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Knightkid View Post
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...19,5_&lang=eng

Purpose stun, buffs, insane dmg, 8 sec lock with building 1 finisher , not worry some about getting all these finisher, not about combo points pure dps backstab, bleed, crits, insane damage in 8 secs, kills any 1 to anything if executed right.
    Nice build, my only comments/ concerns about it ;other than trying to decipher what you were trying to say in your explanation, no offense intended grammar isn't for everyone, are:

1. I don't see this 8 second stun you're talking about anywhere in your build.
    2. Slip away seems to be a vital skill that is lacking in this build, especially if you're placing 28 points into assassin why not dump the extra 3?
    3. Exceptional Resilience is somewhat useless unless you're dealing with another assassin or crit specced marksman. Maybe move them into cautious stalker if you're going for a Planes Shift surprise attack type of thing, which is what it looks like.
    4. Advanced flanking, as currently in beta, is useless because the game doesn't correctly administer the armor ignoring abilities that it should, which will more than likely be fixed, but as of now is useless.
    5. lastly, it seems like you're build is more geared to staying behind the enemy who, if they're smart will keep that from happening and is limited to maybe a couple stuns as opposed to having a wide variety at your disposal. all classes have at least a couple stun breaking abilities.

I love the idea and thought of placing more points into Riftstalker though some of the abilities you have specced in there look pretty deadly i.e. Stalker Phase + Ruthless Stalker + Shadow Stalk which I originally overlooked in my build. Will have to take a second look at mine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast