+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: We had to be good!

Default We had to be good!

I've noticed a lot of players complaining how rogues are owning them in Pvp. I agree rogues are owning a lot of different classes and builds now. Guess what? It's not because the rogue class was fixed; it's because those who played the rogue class had to learn the hard way before 1.5. The rogue had to adapt and learn their class in depth, because of the constant beating they got by other classes. The rogue was forced to be good at a time when all the other classes were superior. Those loyal players who stood by the rogue class when everyone was putting them down I applaud you.

Fast forward 1.5 and finally Rogues get balanced. Now everyone complains because the rogue is too good now. Is the rogue too good now? Or is the player controlling the rogue too good now?

I think if we analyze this deeply it is clear that the players that remained faithful to the class are the best players now not because of the advantages the class might have; it's because the players practiced harder and learned in the face of defeat for so so long.

Those of you who complain about rogues might want to look at yourself and realize maybe you actually never learned how to play your class.

Peace...
    Last edited by Louiscipher; 10-04-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Yeh killing with forks before 1.5 was quite a challenge. All the reflexes of trying to survive and scoring a kill are still with me even though now you don't have to survive you can just kill !

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

rogue was my first choice in rift
    i played it hard from day one
    funny thing is the same build i used back then still kicks major arse today
    ganking ranged attacks pigeonholed a lot of people into what turned out to be a fantastic spec but very tiresome for choice.
    its all good, theres always a bigger fish
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 10-04-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    who took my names!

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Louiscipher View Post
    I've noticed a lot of players complaining how rogues are owning them in Pvp. I agree rogues are owning a lot of different classes and builds now. Guess what? It's not because the rogue class was fixed; it's because those who played the rogue class had to learn the hard way before 1.5. The rogue had to adapt and learn their class in depth, because of the constant beating they got by other classes. The rogue was forced to be good at a time when all the other classes were superior. Those loyal players who stood by the rogue class when everyone was putting them down I applaud you.

Fast forward 1.5 and finally Rogues get balanced. Now everyone complains because the rogue is too good now. Is the rogue too good now? Or is the player controlling the rogue too good now?

I think if we analyze this deeply it is clear that the players that remained faithful to the class are the best players now not because of the advantages the class might have; it's because the players practiced harder and learned in the face of defeat for so so long.

Those of you who complain about rogues might want to look at yourself and realize maybe you actually never learned how to play your class.

Peace...
    There were already good rogues before 1.5, you knew who they were because they could kill people while other rogues whined. Patch 1.5 then buffed those rogues to godhood and all the terrible rogues that couldn't kill anyone before up to the level the good rogues already were.

Good rogues go on to quietly dominate while wondering why Trion gave them a huge boost when a small one was needed. Bad rogues flock to the forums making posts to proclaim how the changes finally show how truly awesome they are and the fact they couldn't get kills before had nothing to do with them being terrible at their class.

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorIronclad View Post
    There were already good rogues before 1.5, you knew who they were because they could kill people while other rogues whined. Patch 1.5 then buffed those rogues to godhood and all the terrible rogues that couldn't kill anyone before up to the level the good rogues already were.

Good rogues go on to quietly dominate while wondering why Trion gave them a huge boost when a small one was needed. Bad rogues flock to the forums making posts to proclaim how the changes finally show how truly awesome they are and the fact they couldn't get kills before had nothing to do with them being terrible at their class.
    Amen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDH9Jq5AWkQ

Peace...
    Ok, it's early morning, I'm tired, badly in need of more sleep and generally lacking in patience for idiotry. just could not hold myself back... :

Ignoring any balance issues between careers, the entirity of your post can be pretty much summed up as:

* Prostrate yourself before me! My great skill has been gained through hardship and woe.
    * My class is not OP, everyone else sucks.
    * Ohh yes, in case you forgot... I'm great!

These self-congratulatory post are common in all MMOs during the inevitable buff/nerf cycles. We saw plenty of similar posts (almost word for word...) when mages were on top, more still from warriors when they were on top, and now from someone who focuses on the rogue career.

It's likely we'll see further garbage over the coming days where an enlightened rogue will make a claim that rogues are best because their forum in full of threads theorising about how best to play the class rather than QQ about other classes. Checking the forums will only confirm his view and the thousands will flock to his sermons, basking in the glory of their own superiority. ohh! the irony lol...
    Last edited by NerfedWar; 10-04-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Plane Touched

Default I love the rogue update.

Now instead of trying to kill a cleric that just keeps healing or a mage that just keeps healing there are tons of squishy little guys that think they are good now. I was hating on the game until this update now I get tons of kills. The 2 second warrior kill is back !!!

Even with the buffs, bad rogues will always be bad rogues.

This is no secret.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by NerfedWar View Post
    Ok, it's early morning, I'm tired, badly in need of more sleep and generally lacking in patience for idiotry. just could not hold myself back... :

Ignoring any balance issues between careers, the entirity of your post can be pretty much summed up as:

* Prostrate yourself before me! My great skill has been gained through hardship and woe.
    * My class is not OP, everyone else sucks.
    * Ohh yes, in case you forgot... I'm great!

These self-congratulatory post are common in all MMOs during the inevitable buff/nerf cycles. We saw plenty of similar posts (almost word for word...) when mages were on top, more still from warriors when they were on top, and now from someone who focuses on the rogue career.

It's likely we'll see further garbage over the coming days where an enlightened rogue will make a claim that rogues are best because their forum in full of threads theorising about how best to play the class rather than QQ about other classes. Checking the forums will only confirm his view and the thousands will flock to his sermons, basking in the glory of their own superiority. ohh! the irony lol...
    enjoyed reading this indeed alot of people that were placed at the top of the game have stated this and will continue to do so seems like this game works best for classes in second place and not first only slight changes and not nerf home run!!!

almost to say the person in top place gets a nice smack to the face and second place gets a slight change........heh

Ascendant

Peace...
    I left my r8 warrior to make a more proper dual wielding, agile, in your face fighter. I don't like playing a brute, but a master of arms. Surprisingly I found that in the rogue calling.

That was just a small introduction on why I rerolled.

Yesterday, I was killing r6-r7 rogues with my r2 rogue in 1 vs 1...even in 1 vs 2. There was one certain occasion that I even got jumped by a r7 assassin who used Enduring Brew AND Slip Away and still lost.

So are these the awesome experienced rogues that have adapted to a bad class you are talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    5000 damage reminds me why I started a mage. can't wait to hit 50 and kill lots of players in pvp with my 5000 damage attacks.

Sword of Telara

It's not because the rogue class was fixed; it's because those who played the rogue class had to learn the hard way before 1.5. The rogue had to adapt and learn their class in depth, because of the constant beating they got by other classes. The rogue was forced to be good at a time when all the other classes were superior.
    Yeah, 1.0 Sabo was really gimp and all rogues who played it had to be really pro to kill anyone. MM has been crap all the time and you had a really hard time to kill someone. Get real...

Melee souls were in fact a bit weak but playing them anyways when you had alternatives is not adapting. Melee rogues needed a buff but what they got in 1.5 is a bit too much. IMHO only minor tweaking is needed to make rogues really balanced and I'm sure these issues will be looked at in the near future.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by hopp View Post
    Yeah, 1.0 Sabo was really gimp and all rogues who played it had to be really pro to kill anyone. MM has been crap all the time and you had a really hard time to kill someone. Get real...

Melee souls were in fact a bit weak but playing them anyways when you had alternatives is not adapting. Melee rogues needed a buff but what they got in 1.5 is a bit too much. IMHO only minor tweaking is needed to make rogues really balanced and I'm sure these issues will be looked at in the near future.
    did you relize that 1.0 was...hmmm 5 month ago? This was 5 monthes where rogue got time to learn... Not they are even on abilities and are superior in surviving skill (many of them). And now they have "rejoice" time. So all who have rogues playing them now. Als Hype wears off there will be less of them.
    BTW. Many warriors trying new rogues right now.Many of them are disappointed.

And there still some that are simple not "curable"

Got i was yerterday doing daylies in Stillmoor and got jumped by Warrior who used to stomp me in dirt if i dont have Slip Away on. Now he died miserably because mashing 2 buttons not helps anymore against rogue.... In most cases.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
    I left my r8 warrior to make a more proper dual wielding, agile, in your face fighter. I don't like playing a brute, but a master of arms. Surprisingly I found that in the rogue calling.

That was just a small introduction on why I rerolled.

Yesterday, I was killing r6-r7 rogues with my r2 rogue in 1 vs 1...even in 1 vs 2. There was one certain occasion that I even got jumped by a r7 assassin who used Enduring Brew AND Slip Away and still lost.

So are these the awesome experienced rogues that have adapted to a bad class you are talking about?
    I killed 400 warriors with my Shaman.

I can invent fairy tales as well.

Rogues are over the top now. Fact. They are basically warriors with stealth.

Lol, threads like this are great. Some of the warriors tried pulling this **** in 1.3, only the other nubs are falling for it.
    "If the young are not initiated into the Village, they will burn it down just to feel it's warmth"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by BuFFoTheClown View Post
    I killed 400 warriors with my Shaman.

I can invent fairy tales as well.

Rogues are over the top now. Fact. They are basically warriors with stealth.
    So what about that mage that hit me for 4500+ last night? If I'm a warrior in stealth then he's a one man army out in the open...............

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast