+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fear

Soulwalker

Default Fear

I love it. I want it. Ha ha....reminds me of the days of the EQ1 Necro. Is there any class that is suggested to have fear? Maybe warlock? I love Mages to death....but was kinda thinking of starting with something different, probably a Rogue, but if there is a class with Fear I will definantly have to choose that. Fear was the reason I picked the Spirit Master in Aion and I loved every single minute of it.

I experiences mobs using fear on me at GamesCom, so players might be able to use it aswel but havnt seen it personally.

Kal

Fear is a powerful tool if used in the right hands, it was a wonderful aggro tool, but in pvp it is a bit overpowering if not done right.

Would love to change it up a bit and instead of giving ranger's something like sleep arrow or knock back, they should give them 5 second fear arrow!

/win

Quote Originally Posted by Xanax View Post
    Would love to change it up a bit and instead of giving ranger's something like sleep arrow or knock back, they should give them 5 second fear arrow!

/win
    Hate to break the news to ya, but no one fears the ranger.

Regards,
    Kalbuir

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by armengar View Post
    Fear is a powerful tool if used in the right hands, it was a wonderful aggro tool, but in pvp it is a bit overpowering if not done right.
    I completely agree. However, I feel that it can be done correctly if tested and exaimined enough. Fear kiting is one of the most fun things to do in an MMO....in PvE or PvP. Though, it certainly can make people

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post

Regards,
    Kalbuir
    People will fear the Ranger I play! Especially gnomes if there were any!!

Fear in game might be real bad.

In other games Fear was given to low damage class's like in Aion the SM low damage but high DPS but in rift since we can mix the class's we could add 2 burst damage souls on to the low burst soul with fear.

Then we got some massive inbalance as bang you are hit by fear his two burst damage souls now give him the burst to kill more or less any one before fear has worn off unless there is a way to defend your self vs such moves as fear.

That counts fear been dispelled on damage as its a simple nuke them they get close fear them get some range cast a snare/root spell fear is dispelled but now there rooted or unable to catch you before you slap the last of there hp out of them.

It worked in Aion just since SM could not slap the HP out of any class in around 0.3 seconds and was more or less forced to chain fear 4 times to kill any one and even then fail due to insane magic resistance both to land fear or to do even any where close the damage needed to drop them to half hp.
    Last edited by Fayde; 08-25-2010 at 03:08 PM.
    Death is great people are dying to get there.

Death is great it's the cure to Life.

I don't see why fear couldn't be designed in such a way to keep it from being overpowered and yet not useless. It could also be placed in an appropriate position in the soul tree to avoid balancing issues.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3250&dateline=1279205  221
    <PAIN >

Reavers have the oh run away fear aka fear up to 8 seconds, any damage breaks the fear.

Seen in this video:
    Thanks to Ciovala

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sJKxVmiuE

Champion

Fear is awesome...

/cast "Fear"
    /groupsay Incoming, dunno how many....

Im not really worried about unbalance
    eg: you feat 1 fear, 1 knockback, and 1 burst damage+proc etc...you get Overpowerd comparing to other mmos for example
    but it will always have that guy that feated anti-cc for short duration or massive health pool etc..
    Lesson here: All rift players will be overpowered so it will mean extra fun, seeing every1 making the best builds for certain sitiuation, and making the best rotation, so gear will get less usefull, so no dumb just because they have "Teh Best Gear" will kill cause here it will metter the builds and the playstyle+gameplay skills
    That what i really apprieciate in this game
    I think pvp will be epic in RIFT

Humm seems to have some nice self healing as well from that video...nice...very nice.

-Soon A developer term that is never as "soon" as you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalbuir View Post
    You WILL fear me! J/k! *ducks and runs for cover*
    Last edited by Sylvrin; 08-25-2010 at 04:19 PM.
    Those who guard nature, guard life itself. Those who defile nature bring death and destruction upon us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanax View Post
    Reavers have the oh run away fear aka fear up to 8 seconds, any damage breaks the fear.

Seen in this video:
    Thanks to Ciovala

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5sJKxVmiuE
    Also didnt the warlock abilities contain some kind of fear and break on damage (a good thing imo, keeps it from being op, but bad imo it ruins fear kiting mobs while leveling)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast