+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bards

Shadowlander

Default Bards

Is there going to be a bard class in the game?
    Didn't see one in the class lists

At this point and time it looks like Bards will not be 1st soul choice.

Bards are a soul of the Rogue calling class, however it appears you are unable to make it a primary soul at the start, looks like one the souls you'll have to collect prior to playing it.
    http://www.silkyvenom.com/forums/gallery/files/1/8/Zederok-sig.jpg

Death is fleeting but Glory is eternal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGdGM...layer_embedded
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyxFS...layer_embedded

Make a game that fans love and you will get the followers.

Yes on Bards, and no you cant start as one unfortunately.

Which begs the question, what on earth will a bard 'be' in this game? A rogue/ranger who can do a bit of CC/buffs? Only time will tell.

Shadowlander

Cool cool. Ty for he info

Official Rift Fan Site Operator Ciovala's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuldorn View Post
    Yes on Bards, and no you cant start as one unfortunately.

Which begs the question, what on earth will a bard 'be' in this game? A rogue/ranger who can do a bit of CC/buffs? Only time will tell.
    Kalbuir was playing one when we ran some instances together at Gamescom - ask him. ;)

A wiki is only as good as its contributors won't you help?
    The original Rift Wiki - EN DE FR
    [Add a guild] [Add an Item] [Add a Quest]

oh.... yummy cio
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Ciovala View Post
    Kalbuir was playing one when we ran some instances together at Gamescom - ask him. ;)
    Or you could always read the news he posted about them on the Xanadu site!

http://www.xanadu-community.com/mb_m....php?id=214391

Soulwalker

You had the Chance to do Instances on Gamescom ?!

Wow .. I'm really jealous now. But on the other side I was just there for one day.

I pretty much like the Idea of using Combo-Points for short Duration Buffs. Sounds like you'll have to struggle during Fights to put up the right Buff at the right time. I think this will require quite some preparation and knowledge about the encounters faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirtago View Post

I pretty much like the Idea of using Combo-Points for short Duration Buffs. Sounds like you'll have to struggle during Fights to put up the right Buff at the right time. I think this will require quite some preparation and knowledge about the encounters faced.
    I cant help but agree with you here. Its refreshing to see class mechanics that reward players for proper decision-making and execution, rather than a free-for-all button mashing contest. I cant wait to try the Bard out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zederok View Post
    Bards are a soul of the Rogue calling class, however it appears you are unable to make it a primary soul at the start, looks like one the souls you'll have to collect prior to playing it.
    What exactly does this mean "collect it"? I am so confused about this and the BD being called Heroic classes? Does this mean a quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    What exactly does this mean "collect it"? I am so confused about this and the BD being called Heroic classes? Does this mean a quest?
    Not necessarily, classes can be collected from doing raids and crafting, possibly PvP and maybe quest. I think they may or may not be unlocked when you level up to a certain level. The only thing I'm sure they said is different classes can be collected by craft/raiding. Each faction can get every class but each faction has different classes at the start (during customization).
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zederok View Post
    This will work for me, I need to read up on all of this been gone for far too long.

Wink Spoony bard

Wow, I haven't played a game with a bard since... Final Fantasy IV. Maybe Enchanted Arms sort of counts too.

Looks like a big buffer class. I'm Mage all the way though.

It's still unknown how you can receive more souls, but it should be by some standard gameplay too. Because at lvl 15 and 30 you could equip a 2nd and 3rd soul, so what would the use be if they didn't offer you new souls until you raid something.

I bet it's from killing bosses in group dungeons stuff, mostly. As you then defeat someone with a strong enough soul, but who lost his soul. But you should be able to collect souls from people who didn't get resurrected because that's part of the lore too. Confusing still, but you will get everything.

But to keep it simple, there are 4 types of souls.

Neutral starting souls or whatever you want to call them. They are available to both sides at character creation (ranger, etc).
    Defiant starting souls are available to defiant races only (nightblade, etc).
    Guardian starting souls are available to guardian races only (assassin, etc).
    Heroic Souls are all the other souls. They are harder to play with and might be more specialized so they might not work always, that's why they also didn't make the starting souls.

But all souls should drop one way or another, be quested or gained by crafting or pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast