+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Chloromancer vs Clerics

Default Chloromancer vs Clerics

I was curious on how a chloromancer would stack up to say a healing cleric. I easily healed through IT on my chloro but I couldn't get a group into the high 20s dungeon before beta closed. I just wanted to see if chloromancer would be a great main healing class for raids or dungeon runs. I already know they are great support healers via radiant spores.

I solo healed DM (including last boss) as chloro. Needed some help from the bard. Bard said that the cleric also couldn't handle it without bard heals.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

As a riftstalker, I tanked DM with just a chloromancer healing. The rest of our group was two mages and a cleric. I think the mages/cleric had a couple spot heals and used them throughout the fight, but I'm quite certain the chloromancer was doing 99% of the healing.
    Coil - Regulos

Good question and good to know. I had fun with my chlormancer though did not get very high in her or the cleric I tried as this was my first beta.
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

so you guys think they will be an effective member of raiding parties and small groups then?

I'd take a chloromancer as a main healer any day of the week.

Honestly, I actually prefer them to other healers, but I shouldn't say that out loud.
    Coil - Regulos

I think its because we get speced to have most of our heals to become instant casts and the fact that we have to do damage to get our sythesis heal off.

to me, chloromancer is just a better healer than a cleric. I never have mana issues as a chloro ( spec http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...oul3_talants=0 )

Damage was good too, at 20 I was doing the same DPS as a stormcaller, tank and a rogue... Dunno if they weren't that good but regardless it was funny to see a mage soloing the last boss in IT (they all didn't get to the light)

Ascendant

Yup, but chloro healing in PvP is pretty much limited to spot healing. It wouldn't surprise me to see the %s on veil and synthesis tweaked though.

Default Chloromancer Endgame

Well this is the build I came up with for my healing chloromancer. It is a based healing/buffing using chlormancer spells with archon buffs to strengthen the healing of the chloromancer spells. The necromancer points are only used for mana battery purposes. I had to use 8 into necromancer to gain the reclaim energy ability. This will help keep a long time battle in mind when healing. With the pet being canabalized for fuel you almost have an endless mana pool considering if your pet gets hit by heals from one of your aoe spells. and the fact that if you use wild growth and your pet is in the aoe it heals them so basically it is a fully loaded healing class with an endless support of mana and a decent amount of buffs. I am considering macroing all the instant cast archon debuffs to hasten the speed of the healers heals and the mana return not to mention the critical hit levels from both the archon and chloromancer specs.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...s=813,3_816,5_

chloromancers are aoe healers and can easily heal through an entire pvp fight with radiant spores, flourish, and wild growth considering if the talent into phytosensis and call of spring. Also if they talent destructive growth it will help the melee heal more via radiant growth because they will be doing more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    Well this is the build I came up with for my healing chloromancer. It is a based healing/buffing using chlormancer spells with archon buffs to strengthen the healing of the chloromancer spells. The necromancer points are only used for mana battery purposes. I had to use 8 into necromancer to gain the reclaim energy ability. This will help keep a long time battle in mind when healing. With the pet being canabalized for fuel you almost have an endless mana pool considering if your pet gets hit by heals from one of your aoe spells. and the fact that if you use wild growth and your pet is in the aoe it heals them so basically it is a fully loaded healing class with an endless support of mana and a decent amount of buffs. I am considering macroing all the instant cast archon debuffs to hasten the speed of the healers heals and the mana return not to mention the critical hit levels from both the archon and chloromancer specs.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...s=813,3_816,5_
    Tis nice, here's my fully spec'd chloro (without silences) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...2_214,5_216,5_

(with silences) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...5_215,1_216,5_

Benefits are obvious from the Warlock Tree, Sacrifice Life: Damage/Mana are great especially for a Chloromancer, 5% spell crit, increased charge generation and opportunity is great to have as well.

Dominator gives you a DS, sheep, mem wipe and a spell reflect to target... also get a purge ability.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Cabreon View Post
    chloromancers are aoe healers and can easily heal through an entire pvp fight with radiant spores, flourish, and wild growth considering if the talent into phytosensis and call of spring. Also if they talent destructive growth it will help the melee heal more via radiant growth because they will be doing more damage.
    Flourish and Growth are on too long a CD imo, the only heals with high uptime are bloom and spores. I have a feeling spores will be a high priority dispel once people start understanding other class mechanics.

great build. It looks like we have both found effective ways of strengthening the chloromancer's abilities on completely different types of souls.

true but if you think about the spores and how effective your dps is it would take a really long time to dispell the entire group. I can see your point though if there is a mass dispell it will null the chloromancers abilities I will have to look into this thanks for the criticism.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast