+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any definitive info on PvP souls yet?

Default Any definitive info on PvP souls yet?

I saw you could buy them last patch but I have no idea if anyone slotted them or how they work at all. Does anyone have any definitive information yet on how they work? I know they take one of your 3 slots... but do the points come from normal methods? Is there a cap on the number of points you can spend in the tree? Does that cap change over time?

Just curious, sorry if this has been answered, my search didn't come up with anything definitive and I suck with search terms.

I'm not sure how you missed this thread on the very same topic.
    "By the data to date, there is only one animal in the Galaxy dangerous to man man himself. So he must supply his own indispensable competition. He has no enemy to help him." - Lazarus Long

I did not see anything in that thread about how points were gained, what the limit was on placing them in there, etc. People said things like "Until 50 you can only put in 10 points" but I am curious what the mechanic is there that is stopping it. Is it related to pvp ranks? How are those gained?

I made this thread rather than posting in that one because I was looking for information specifically on what was what as opposed to a discussion on if they were good for the game or not.

From what i can tell is that you unlock the tiers in the pvp soul via "pvp prestige" .

Ahh, okay. How is that gained?

Also, I saw on a calculator you could only put 21 points into the tree... is that the current thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethias View Post
    Ahh, okay. How is that gained?

Also, I saw on a calculator you could only put 21 points into the tree... is that the current thought?
    Yep, 21 points max. Not sure if many people (that know wtf they are doing with a pvp spec) would even take them that far though. People who do take them that far will be fine, too, but not overpowered by any mean. Most builds I came up with for pvp across all callings only used about 5-15 in the tree, max (to grab passives, de-taunt, etc), and even those aren't necessary, just a preference. I do recommend that PvP healers drop at least 5 points into Templar for the 15% crit reduction and the de-taunt, that's just my opinion, though
    Last edited by Spoonster; 01-12-2011 at 08:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread