+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help with melee rogue.

Shadowlander

Default Help with melee rogue.

http://tinyurl.com/4bhbw5g

This is is what I was aiming for during the last two Beta's. My thoughts are that I'd be able to pump out solid DPS with all of the + crit/damage/buff abilities. As well as CC like a freak which has its place with both PVE and PVP.

on the PVP side, I went for RS for the port which is a great way to get distance on a melee, or close in on a ranged. The AP and End speaks for itself (can never have too many HP).

Take a look, i'd love to hear feedback.

Personally, I enjoy having a PvE spec and then a PvP spec, and not try to merge them, which can be hard at times because of world PvP.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...2018,3_2019,5_

The above Spec will...
    First, the spec will utilize the poison application of the assassin (being so high up the tree, allowing your poisons to land more often, that means you will not use hellfire blades.

Second, you keep the unlimited stealth and lose Twilight Force, the reason for this is that you gain Shadow Assault/Shadow Stalk and already have Malicious Strike from the assassination tree (melee strike) however, after shadow assaulting you gain 30% speed for 4 seconds from hasted time in the Riftstalker tree, allowing you to easily apply this, not that you really have to since your mobility is high to begin with, since the cooldowns are reduced 15 seconds on your planes shifting.

Third, the Riftstalker talents will help both with survivability and also damage.

Fourth, Slip Away is a great talent for PvP, it does less in PvE but Dusk to Dawn doesn't do much in PvE either.

Fifth, I took puncture out of the equation in favor of Savage Strike and Final Blow, upon opening you'll have 3 combo points, so 2 savages and you'll be at 5, for a final blow for a nice amount of damage, most of your lethality is going to come from your ability to open hard,high mobility, decent survivability, and a range of poisons to choose from.

That's my feedback, I'm not saying my build is essentially better, as I would go a different direction entirely with it, but in comparison to your build I tried to take what you were trying to get out of it, and revamp it a bit, such as not taking foul play, which you could very easily take by moving a point around and it depends on if you want it to be more PvP or PvE based. Trying to make a good PvPvE build is not required as it is in other MMOs because you can create 4 different Roles.

Shadowlander

Thanks man, appreciate the info.

My main goal is going to be PVP/open world PVP. Which I'm sure people know is different. The tricky part was to make sure that all my PVP oriented work could also translate into a PVE DPS role.

So, I'd say that my MAIN goal is to be a versatile PVP runner.

+ Reply to Thread