+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For the Tree-Huggers Part II

Default For the Tree-Huggers Part II

Well I see that I/we definitely got our wish. We got both druids AND shaman. They even went so far as to add wardens too, which is a really nice addition. The only downside I see at the moment is that all of the classes were listed under the cleric calling. Which says to me that they all will be some sort of healer.

I was hoping for druid to be in the mage calling. It would have been nice to do some serious nature damage. Warden especially seems out of place because when I think of a warden, I imagine "Nature's Warrior". So it seems to me that warden should have been in the warrior calling (sentinel too by the way). But I suppose having the classes in a different calling than I want is better than not having them at all.
    GeeksNGamers.com- Get Plugged In!

I thought that the Druid in the Mage calling as a life/nature mage would have been interesting too. Have a small healing component but be mostly focused on dealing damage related to the plane of life (if that's not too contradictory). Same with the Warden - a life warrior with some healing/buffs added in.

But, that is how other games tend to offer hybrid healers - by adding some healing into a non-healing archetype. Maybe they're taking the opposite approach by trying to work Warrior and Mage skills into the Cleric calling. I haven't come across much about the specifics of the Cleric souls - it will be interesting to find out.

Shadowlander

Dunno what Wardens are gonna be like in Rift, but it was my favorite class in Dark Age of Camelot.

Please please please have a pulsing bladeturn type of ability!

Any fellow DAOC Wardens here?
    Lapdogs, all of you!

Wardens are hard for me to class in my mind really, because I've seen them do many different things in various games. In RoM they are a nature warrior, in EQ2 they are a nature healer. I've also seen them in some MUDs I have played in the distant past as nature warders, where basically they used nature magic to buff and ward against damage. It will be interesting to see how they are skilled in Rift.

Druids I always have thought of as more offensive healers, but healers nonetheless. And of course shaman, well they always bring to mind a witch doctor in tune with ancestral spirits.
    Those who guard nature, guard life itself. Those who defile nature bring death and destruction upon us all.

+ Reply to Thread