+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone playing a Cabalist as a main soul?

Default Anyone playing a Cabalist as a main soul?

How is it? Haven't played a cleric yet thinking about trying this soul.

i played it to lvl 20 in beta 3 and then shelved it for inquisitor.

It's a terrible hog, takes much too long to set up the sigil's etc and has a big lack of instants.

Its fun, don't get me wrong, but inquisitor is sooo much better.

They need to reduce the cast time on most of the skills, until then, Inquisitor is your better choice.

Wow yea just watch some youtube vids that cast time is sllloooowww.

I played a cabalist for a bit then switched out.

they are great fun to play, no doubt about it, but the cast times are to high in my opinion.

sometimes I felt the Mob would die from old age before my spell went off.

Cabalist is fun but yeah, cast times...

If you stand 30M from a mob, go into your rotation, and you take damage before the mob does...there's a problem.

Rift Disciple

I had a cab/puri and i had to mix inq in just to get a few insta spells like vex and what not but yeah there fun. In pvp if no one is paying attation to you then you just distroy but yeah ..loooooonnnnnngggggg cast timers. 1.9 sec is a long time.

Soulwalker

Probably not amazing in PVP (I got destroyed in the Warfronts I played), but if you're pulling solo mobs as a Cabalist, you're doing it wrong. My issues in PVP may have had something to do with my level when I played in them, but the cast times aren't very conducive to living around faster paced single-target burst classes.

Quote Originally Posted by captor View Post
    Probably not amazing in PVP (I got destroyed in the Warfronts I played), but if you're pulling solo mobs as a Cabalist, you're doing it wrong.
    This is what I was wondering since the cast times are so long should you be pulling multiply mobs to get the most out of your AoE dmg?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainClegg View Post
    This is what I was wondering since the cast times are so long should you be pulling multiply mobs to get the most out of your AoE dmg?
    yeah, the butter zone on a cabalist is around 3-4 mobs at a time. Until you get to Sigil of Power you're always going to be strapped for mana, but you should still be able to kill about 5 at once before you're OoM.

I'll play my Caba if I'm in a raid or mass PvP and I always get a kick out of watching half of the opposing force all drop at once. However, if you're going to be doing solo PvP or small group PvP then I would highly suggest you use a faster soul.
    Sanity's Requiem

- You can run if you want, but you'll just die tired. -

Quote Originally Posted by Iruse View Post
    yeah, the butter zone on a cabalist is around 3-4 mobs at a time. Until you get to Sigil of Power you're always going to be strapped for mana, but you should still be able to kill about 5 at once before you're OoM.

I'll play my Caba if I'm in a raid or mass PvP and I always get a kick out of watching half of the opposing force all drop at once. However, if you're going to be doing solo PvP or small group PvP then I would highly suggest you use a faster soul.
    Thanks for the post I may try one out next beta. Haven't rolled a cleric yet.

What pairs well with a cabalist? I want my third soul to be able to heal. I was thinking Cab/Inqs/Warden.

Rift Disciple

I like justicar with inquis,cabal just for the free healing on damage, go up the tree only 11 pts and you can be a good support healer with all the aoe damage healing your party as well as yourself.

You can buff it to 15% or your damage heals the party and yourself, as well as picking up a 50% threat reduction. If your burning down a pack of mobs with aoe the healing can really add up.

Also one of the strengths of cabalist is the ability to stack damage on a cc'd target with out breaking it right away. This was one of the few things that made soloing better with the use of your root.

Soulwalker

Cabalists are wikkid fun.

I started with Cabalist and actually died numerous times at low levels (which did not happen to me as anything else, except perhaps blade dancer). His first spell is AOE and it is hard to use without gettign so much aggro you die.

I picked up druid, to 'tank' with the pet and found that they worked really well together. Druid shield and pet heals will keep you alive when you attract several mobs. The early game key is to get your explosive sigil on all the mobs and get them all close to you then do an AOE nuke and wathc everythind around you explode and die.

I wanted more endurance to keep alive long enough for my massive explosions to go off so I picked up warden as third soul. With no substantial investment in warden you get a great HoT.

So with the druid pet and I tanking as the mobs come, the warden Hot keeping us alive it was often time for MASSIVE EXPLOSIONS.

Did I mention that this class is fun to play, even if you die

Quote Originally Posted by Anthropos View Post
    Cabalists are wikkid fun.

I started with Cabalist and actually died numerous times at low levels (which did not happen to me as anything else, except perhaps blade dancer). His first spell is AOE and it is hard to use without gettign so much aggro you die.

I picked up druid, to 'tank' with the pet and found that they worked really well together. Druid shield and pet heals will keep you alive when you attract several mobs. The early game key is to get your explosive sigil on all the mobs and get them all close to you then do an AOE nuke and wathc everythind around you explode and die.

I wanted more endurance to keep alive long enough for my massive explosions to go off so I picked up warden as third soul. With no substantial investment in warden you get a great HoT.

So with the druid pet and I tanking as the mobs come, the warden Hot keeping us alive it was often time for MASSIVE EXPLOSIONS.

Did I mention that this class is fun to play, even if you die

Thanks for the post but not pet for me. I hate pet classes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast