+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cleric Blah Blah too many!!

Default Cleric Blah Blah too many!!

I was fully ready to roll with my shaman/inquis/Just and i loved the class.. But I will not go cleric at release do to the fact that there are waaay to many clerics is there anyone else who is gona reroll some other clas that is less popular?? As for me I will be a warrior or a mage. I love the cleric but once again thee are too many imo...

One could argue that there are more pet souls (Necros, Elementalist, Beastmaster and Rangers) than clerics depending on what servers you played on. Then again this IS Beta so any speculation is just THAT... speculation. Play what you want to play.

Soulwalker

To OP

I would roll what you love to play tbh. I am sure after release depending on your playstyle - raiding, grping, etc. That the number of clerc style classes will diminish some. There are just way too many variations of each type to even worry about it really. Melle DPS cleric, range dps cleric, solo heal cleric, and so on...

Shield of Telara

I saw far more mages on my server (Belmont) which was the most populated Server on US

Clerics are only good against people who are to stupid to understand that it takes more to beat one than to face roll your computer untill it dies

True I should play what I like and I will havent had a tank or mage as main so thought it would be a nice change , played Bard and cleric in EQ , Shaman EQ2 and Druid/Shaman WoW .........Still too many clerics lol

This isn't a perfect example but City of Heroes was in a similar situation. What they did with Defenders is a lot like what Rift is doing with Clerics... a lot of creative ways to deal with buffs and damage mitigation. Tons of people were drawn to create these defenders because they were new and different but not long after release the defenders numbers evened out.

The same will happen with Rift. People will get to that first dungeon (if it even takes that long) and realize that slow *** groups full of clerics aren't the funnest thing ever. The people that are cool with playing other classes will reroll. The people who truly want to play a support roll will stick it out and the big wheel will keep on turnin

So yeah... Don't sweat it man. Role the build you want. And remember, the best way to make an impact as a cleric is to be a good one.

There's always going to be your FOTM rerollers so don't change your class based on what's being played a lot currently. Play what you love to play and you can't go wrong
    Bubbrubb / Eastern of <Missionary Impossible>

Rift Disciple

Ranger/bards

FTLOG there are twice as many on the server i play on then there are clerics.

Also it seems like im the only that heals in warfronts....not all the time but most of the time.

Play what you enjoy, eventually things balance out. It has happened in every MMO I have played. WoW example (sorry), when Death Knights came out everyone was a DK, but now? Is has evened out.

I always go with what I like, even if it is overpowered/underpowered.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I've always played healers/casters and while I picked at the rogue/warrior classes in 4, I will still probably stick with a cleric as a main. The lovely thing is that I have options other than being a dedicated healbot while keeping a few heal buttons so I can quest easier ;) but that's just me

I let people determine how I am going to play and spend my hard earned cash.................................

Not really.................This is where maturity becomes a great asset!

Edit: Its sad when people cant think for themselves and let others determine what they do in life......................
    Last edited by Nightfall; 01-12-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by everquestfan View Post
    I was fully ready to roll with my shaman/inquis/Just and i loved the class.. But I will not go cleric at release do to the fact that there are waaay to many clerics is there anyone else who is gona reroll some other clas that is less popular?? As for me I will be a warrior or a mage. I love the cleric but once again thee are too many imo...

There are only 4 callings[classes] that can be played in all kinds of ways with combinations of 8 souls each. That being said I don't think your going to find a class that is unpopular. Why would you only want to play a class that most others do not want?

This isn't WoW your not going to be penalized for your class accept by idiots.

Im not letting others determine my class but if there is a class less played I like to play it... I may still have a cleric alt but i am going to go Dps Warrior atm...

I'll be going Heavy Dom and then a side of Ele/SC for air damage+control for my primary soul then Archon/Ele/Pyro for secondary role and Chloro/Ele/Dom for healing groups and soloing elites.

Telaran

Think you're overstating how many will play cleric. On my lev 20 warden as I leveled up I noticed more healers around, but when I played 2-3 levels in black garden there were rarely more than 2 or 3 in match. As I leveled up my Alt warrior I found few around at all which made handling rifts and invasions a pain. Also remember roles in general is going divide people up more along the lines of Dps/Tank/Healer. Class is less relevant. So heres to more cleric, I plan on remaking my Warden maybe as a elf to take advantage of the racial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast