+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: can we just have racial ablities completely removed??

Plane Touched

Default can we just have racial ablities completely removed??

for the love of pete please just take this out of the game...i don't wanna roll a dumb looking elf so i can have the best dps racial (both passive and ability).

and YES it makes a huge difference so plz don't post in this thread that it doesn't make a difference in the game..

either completely remove them or let people choose what they want so we don't have to choose a race based on this crap

or a third option, actually nerf the heck out of this crap so it really doesn't make a difference. I'm fine with any of these options
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 01-17-2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Inappropriate Language

Really? So everyone just be the same? I think you wanna go FPS.

First of all, calm done broooo*

And now,
    I think it does make a big difference but i also think that it will not have a big impact in my choice of race, i was choosing a race because i like the look of it not because i want to make the most damage etc, i mean i would not play a dwarf just because its ability is better O_o

Ascendant

The racials are a non issue, you guys need to stop panicking an thinking that you must have the greatest to play. You do not!.If you think that one single ability makes the game broken, you have not really tried to get round it. the racial are not much of a ability in themselves. an me personally hardly ever used them an I played all of them

Prophet of Telara FiercelyFuzzy's Avatar

I don't recall seeing anyone abuse this racial. Given I have played on Defiant myself, but I haven't seen any rogue going around 1 shotting people. Play it before you cry about it.
    Find your Rift answers to FAQ here.

Rift Chaser

Actually I will post and say you don't need to pick a race based on their racial. No one is forcing you to min/max. Just like in every other game, that tad bit extra dps is not the tipping scale

I think the racials at least are very well done for all the races so you don't feel pigeon holed into choosing a specific race. Unless you are a min/maxer thinking that a 5 min cd is really necessary to be effective.

Plane Touched

obviously all of you want to play defiant

and how does that make everyone the same if no race has a special racial ability??

make it a class ability so regardless of the race/side you choose, you don't get the shaft.
    Last edited by captnstudy; 01-13-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by captnstudy View Post
    obviously all of you want to play defiant.
    actually no I play a defiant in beta but plan to play guardian on release , i still say its a non issue

I honestly don't think I've ever let a racial ability decide my race for me before. I honestly see them as fringe benefits to the class I choose.
    - Ruki/Rywn

for the love of pete please just take this out of the game...i don't wanna roll a dumb looking elf so i can have the best dps racial (both passive and ability).

and YES it makes a huge difference so plz don't post in this thread that it doesn't make a difference in the game..

either completely remove them or let people choose what they want so we don't have to choose a race based on this crap

or a third option, actually nerf the heck out of this crap so it really doesn't make a difference. I'm fine with any of these options
    Or it could be optional .. so you chose mix of racial abilities, passive bonuses which suits you best.. .. But than again some just dont care, since they dont looking forward to be best dps or best tank on the server
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 01-17-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Edited the quote
    This universe is lost, I seek only Oblivion
    There is no peace for the Damned
    with Eternal war raging across the land
    We may be immortal
    but nothing than suffering awaits us

Rift Chaser

Why does it gotta be about maxing out?
    I'm gonna wildly speculate that at endgame, the little bonus you get from your racials aren't going to make you so much better than every other race that it will really matter.
    Racials are Flavor bonuses, they add to the mystique of the races, they aren't supposed to be the focal point of a numbers game.

Yet another example of people trying to turn MMOs away from the RPG aspect and drive them further toward a number crunching spreadsheet model.

I don't like the idea of eliminating them entirely, but I would be willing to accept it. Significantly reducing the racial ability effects would be a fine idea. Adding some new ones might also work. If you don't think they matter then what should you care if they are eliminated (and yet you are reading a thread about them.)

having played every race in the game, and carefully observed their racials, it is safe to say that some are best-equipped for certain classes, but it is NOT straightforward to say "best" or "worst". example: the Bahmi and Kelari both get awesome offensive abilities. yet they are so different, its hard to tell which is better. compare this to the high elf ability, and again, its almost impossible to tell.

play the class you want. a tank with rapid energy regen every few minutes has advantages, as does a DPS who gets a universal, persistent 2% increase to damage, or to all physical stats, or whathaveyou.

Trion, do not remove racials. just keep them relatively balanced and the majority of the community will be happy.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

Telaran

What I see when I read this is "I plan on playing PvP mainly, I want to play a different race than one that has what I consider to be the best racial in the game so please take their ability away."

Are you new to PvP outside of FPS games? Tons of things like gear, class matchups, player skill, soul combinations, and more will all decide a fight before a racial ability even enters someones mind. Other than the rare occasion you will never *ever* have an equal playing field with another player right off the bat... that is MMORPG PvP by definition.
    Last edited by Trion_Community; 01-17-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Edited the quote

play super mario then you do not have to worry about racial

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast