+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: can we just have racial ablities completely removed??

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gwailo View Post
    High enough crit rates and Bahmi or what they're called racial will own Kelari racial.
    true......for 15 seconds every 5 mins this will be the case (if you click y our ability everytime its up)

however during the rest of this time kelari will out dps everyone since their passive racial add 10% dmg to crits.

but thank you for noticing that every defiant racial is good while the guardian ones are crap

Quote Originally Posted by captnstudy View Post
    true......for 15 seconds every 5 mins this will be the case (if you click y our ability everytime its up)

however during the rest of this time kelari will out dps everyone since their passive racial add 10% dmg to crits.

but thank you for noticing that every defiant racial is good while the guardian ones are crap
    You're acting like crits happen every 2 seconds. A 10% increase to damage that only happens 20% of the time boils down to roughly a 2% increase in overall damage.
    Gaurdian racials are crap? You gotta be trolling me.
    The Mathosian racial is probably one of the best if not the best active racial in the game.
    -50% damage for 30 seconds!?! Yeah that's absolute crap, lemme tell ya.
    How about you stop QQ'ing and roll defiant if it's SO imbalanced. I'm tired of all the whining threads.
    Legionnaire Sev R5 Defiant
    Let him who desires peace prepare for war.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyr View Post
    You're acting like crits happen every 2 seconds. A 10% increase to damage that only happens 20% of the time boils down to roughly a 2% increase in overall damage.
    Gaurdian racials are crap? You gotta be trolling me.
    The Mathosian racial is probably one of the best if not the best active racial in the game.
    -50% damage for 30 seconds!?! Yeah that's absolute crap, lemme tell ya.
    How about you stop QQ'ing and roll defiant if it's SO imbalanced. I'm tired of all the whining threads.
    lol, did you play this game??? crits do happen every 2 seconds...

go watch the pvp video the addiction guy posted and tell me that crits don't happen all the gd time

ive played a mathosian in every beta so far...their racial is crap....it heals you for half the dmg you receive up to a total of half your HP...so it never lasts for 30 seconds......so when a kelari racial crits hits me once for 2k, i take 1k dmg and ooops there goes my clicky racial abiltiy that's up once every 5 mins and lets hope i actually clicked it or im just dead....

and i guess you like your 30 mins Q times and want them to be increased to 1-2 hours...or **** maybe even never since all you defiant fanbois suggest everyone just roll defiant. The collective stupidity on these forums is astounding.

go watch the pvp video the addiction guy posted and tell me that crits don't happen all the gd time

ive played a mathosian in every beta so far...their racial is crap....it heals you for half the dmg you receive up to a total of half your HP...so it never lasts for 30 seconds......so when a kelari racial crits hits me once for 2k, i take 1k dmg and ooops there goes my clicky racial abiltiy that's up once every 5 mins and lets hope i actually clicked it or im just dead....

and i guess you like your 30 mins Q times and want them to be increased to 1-2 hours...or **** maybe even never since all you defiant fanbois suggest everyone just roll defiant. The collective stupidity on these forums is astounding.
    Yeah, I did see the video. You do know how editing works right? If you don't I'll try to help you out. When one makes a video, often they have a loot of footage. For arguments sake, let's say that video had an hour of raw footage. Now, no one is gonna sit through all that. So you pick and choose the best moments and magically splice them together to make a shorter video. Logically the editor of the video will pick the points in the footage when he was hitting some sick crits, but in actuality those crits which seemed to be 'every 2 seconds' could have been minutes apart. Glad I could help you out there. I do have to wonder whether YOU played the game however. As I played a Marksman, which to my knowledge has some of the highest damaging abilities in the game, and my highest crit was MAYBE 1,100. Nowhere near this 2,000 damage figure you speak of, and I would venture to say that at level 27 is highly improbable as most characters I saw had somewhere around 1,500 to 1,800 health. Obviously you're over exaggerating. Kelari racial IS NOT one shot kill. Even with one of the best nuking classes in the game, the marksman. Often times I would pop my racial and try to DPS someone down, and it really wouldn't make a dent if they were getting healed.
    In regards to the Mathosian racial, if you can't see how amazingly good it is. Then I'm afraid there's nothing I can do. I've used this example before, but say you're in a warfront and you overextend, and you're getting focused by the other team. Boom, pop your racial and in conjunction with good heals. I would venture to say it would be impossible to take you down, at least until you can get back to your raid. The racials weren't made to counter eachother in a rock/paper/scissors type way, they are more situational, and really it's up to you to figure out where and where not to use them.
    Last edited by Sevyr; 01-16-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Default Racials?

I like having minor and balanced racial stats and abilities in games.

That being said, from a look at the racials available in Rift, they clearly are NOT balanced. As long as they balance them by launch, all is good.
    Intelligence may be overrated, but it is better than the alternative.

Plane Touched

Yeah, I did see the video. You do know how editing works right? If you don't I'll try to help you out. When one makes a video, often they have a loot of footage. For arguments sake, let's say that video had an hour of raw footage. Now, no one is gonna sit through all that. So you pick and choose the best moments and magically splice them together to make a shorter video. Logically the editor of the video will pick the points in the footage when he was hitting some sick crits, but in actuality those crits which seemed to be 'every 2 seconds' could have been minutes apart. Glad I could help you out there. I do have to wonder whether YOU played the game however. As I played a Marksman, which to my knowledge has some of the highest damaging abilities in the game, and my highest crit was MAYBE 1,100. Nowhere near this 2,000 damage figure you speak of, and I would venture to say that at level 27 is highly improbable as most characters I saw had somewhere around 1,500 to 1,800 health. Obviously you're over exaggerating. Kelari racial IS NOT one shot kill. Even with one of the best nuking classes in the game, the marksman. Often times I would pop my racial and try to DPS someone down, and it really wouldn't make a dent if they were getting healed.
    In regards to the Mathosian racial, if you can't see how amazingly good it is. Then I'm afraid there's nothing I can do. I've used this example before, but say you're in a warfront and you overextend, and you're getting focused by the other team. Boom, pop your racial and in conjunction with good heals. I would venture to say it would be impossible to take you down, at least until you can get back to your raid. The racials weren't made to counter eachother in a rock/paper/scissors type way, they are more situational, and really it's up to you to figure out where and where not to use them.
    I also played a MM..and my high crit was just under 2k...with an extra 10% crit dmg from the kelari passive racial i would of been over. My deadeye shot would crit for 1.5k+ regularly in codex with wings. I'm sorry your gear sucked or you were bad at your toon...and back to the video which obviously was edited, a warrior is AoE critting for more dmg then you ever did in a crit? L2P, And you played Kelari?!? are you sure you were in beta?

and wtf dont you get about the mathosian racial??? it NEVER lasts for 30 seconds in pvp..escpecially in your scenario..i dont know how to explain this to you. it heals you for half the dmg received (ie you hit me for 500 it heals me for 250..so in essence i take half the dmg) up to a total of half your HP. .....So if i have 1800 hp (like in your example....although again you must be doing something wrong b/c i had 2.1k on my marksmen) your racial would only last for 900 dmg, then it poofs. so when your ****ty marksmen crits me for 1.1k, i take 650dmg and my racial is gone and can't be used for 5 mins.... and again, this means i have to actually activate the ability.....and im DEFINITELY dead if i'm getting focused by the other team.

and trion failed trying to make the racials counter each other....give each race a choice of offensive or defensive and go from there.
    Last edited by captnstudy; 01-16-2011 at 12:24 PM.

I'm playing a dwarf no matter what the racials are.
    Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz 6MB Cache Quad-Core
    Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    8GB 1600MHz RAM
    120GB OCZ Vertex 2 SATA II

I also played a MM..and my high crit was just under 2k...with an extra 10% crit dmg from the kelari passive racial i would of been over. My deadeye shot would crit for 1.5k+ regularly in codex with wings. I'm sorry your gear sucked or you were bad at your toon...and back to the video which obviously was edited, a warrior is AoE critting for more dmg then you ever did in a crit? L2P, And you played Kelari?!? are you sure you were in beta?
    Obviously you can't count, your numbers are SO way out of proportion that I shouldn't justify you with a reply. You're telling me your Rogue had 2.1k health and was doing nearly 2 k damage? That's absolute bulls***. I had the best dungeon gear, bow, all runecrafted, with every piece maximizing my dexterity and and my deadeye shots were hitting around 1,200 - 1,300 MAX. This was all WITHOUT wings of course, so your 1,500 crits are basically worthless as they were only truly 750. Obviously it was you who didn't know how to play your character. And OF COURSE a warrior is AOE critting for more than me, he's critting 5 people at once with a single skill. It really doesn't take half a brain to figure that out. As far as health, maybe there were some warriors with 2.1 K but the average toon had 1,600 - 1,990 health. What game were you playing? Probably WoW. Considering your vocabulary and grammar is absolutely abysmal. Seriously, go QQ elsewhere.
    Flavius Vegetius Renatus
    (~375 AD)

Blame the build, not the racial. The person in question stated the crits came from other abilities than the racial.
    Have a looksie at Enclave's zerg video somewhere here on the forums, seems to be a similar 2h champion build, he's critting like a madman, and he's a guardian.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by curiositykilledthecat View Post
    i think there are many threads about this , so hopefully the trion team will look into it.

i do think that the best option would be to make racial abilities an option upon creation and not locked by race.

freedom of choice gives people more control over how their character is going to end up, tank, dps, support, or just simple
    for your role playing interest that you have set for your character.

it also completely removes the intent to steer/control people to roll certain faction due to these so called racials, to be more advantageous in certain areas of the game then others.

also, lets be honest, if the racials where an option you can choose no one can ever make another thread about what faction or race has bigger guns or has more advantage, the other plus is that everyone can truely choose the race and faction they wanted without feeling cheated to do so.
    ^^ this is a good suggestion, instead of complete removal it would solve all issues.

It would also make all races bland.

Plane Touched

Obviously you can't count, your numbers are SO way out of proportion that I shouldn't justify you with a reply. You're telling me your Rogue had 2.1k health and was doing nearly 2 k damage? That's absolute bulls***. I had the best dungeon gear, bow, all runecrafted, with every piece maximizing my dexterity and and my deadeye shots were hitting around 1,200 - 1,300 MAX. This was all WITHOUT wings of course, so your 1,500 crits are basically worthless as they were only truly 750. Obviously it was you who didn't know how to play your character. And OF COURSE a warrior is AOE critting for more than me, he's critting 5 people at once with a single skill. It really doesn't take half a brain to figure that out. As far as health, maybe there were some warriors with 2.1 K but the average toon had 1,600 - 1,990 health. What game were you playing? Probably WoW. Considering your vocabulary and grammar is absolutely abysmal. Seriously, go QQ elsewhere.
    lmao...u mad bro ?

sorry you can't build your class to be decent.

and his AoE is critting SINGLE targets for more then your SINGLE target best dps ability. watch the video you tool...he is hitting individuals for 1k+ with an AoE ability. what the hell souls did you pair with MM??? b/c you obviously did something wrong.

and i'm still seriously doubting you played the game..my MM was at 2.1k hp..my bro's pally had almost 2.8k....i have no clue where you are getting your numbers.

i hope you play on seastone. easy favor

*edit on a side note, im glad to see you conceded your point about the mathosian racial being "amazingly good" lol
    Last edited by captnstudy; 01-16-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gwailo View Post
    Blame the build, not the racial. The person in question stated the crits came from other abilities than the racial.
    Have a looksie at Enclave's zerg video somewhere here on the forums, seems to be a similar 2h champion build, he's critting like a madman, and he's a guardian.
    not blaming any build....i crit like a madman on my marksmen....

my point was that crits happen ALL the time, therefor the +crit dmg bonus on the kelari passive is crucial

Processor: i7 920 2.7Ghz 4 Cores
    RAM: 12 GB Corsair DDR3
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1 GB
    Hard Disk: 2 TB
    Triton Gaming Headset For Ventrilo

lmao...u mad bro ?

sorry you can't build your class to be decent.

and his AoE is critting SINGLE targets for more then your SINGLE target best dps ability. watch the video you tool...he is hitting individuals for 1k+ with an AoE ability. what the hell souls did you pair with MM??? b/c you obviously did something wrong.

and i'm still seriously doubting you played the game..my MM was at 2.1k hp..my bro's pally had almost 2.8k....i have no clue where you are getting your numbers.

i hope you play on seastone. easy favor
    Are you reffering to video of an champion with wings / +100 percent dmg ??? without it it tops at 600 per target... and he is maxed out.. gear wise / and even if he played as guardian faction with his setup .. it would be something about 560 top per target.. not much different there...

But it all depend... f..e for rogues its significant boost ... as they got other skills directly connected to crit hit...
    This universe is lost, I seek only Oblivion
    There is no peace for the Damned
    with Eternal war raging across the land
    We may be immortal
    but nothing than suffering awaits us

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast