+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Hyperbolic Sensationalist Thread Titles About Rogue Healing Debuffs Kill Forum Use

Rift Disciple

Default Hyperbolic Sensationalist Thread Titles About Rogue Healing Debuffs Kill Forum Use

Learn to read ability names guys, Fel Blades and Vampiric Munitions are not -75% healing debuffs, and the fact that a large portion of QQing Clerics keep citing that number is ridiculous. That's partially the reason a lot of you are getting creamed, you don't understand other classes enough to counter them.

Here's Vampiric Munitions (Fel Blades has nearly identical tooltip): The Rogue's ranged weapon attack abilities have a 20% chance to add a curse on the enemy that lasts for 15 seconds, reducing healing taken by 50%. 50% of the healing taken is siphoned to the Rogue.

It does not take away an extra 25% healing. It heals the rogue for 50% of 50% of your healing taken. In other words, you do not lose anything more than when getting ganked by a Lingering Wounds warrior, the rogue just also gets 50% of the healing you do. If you don't believe me, go find a rogue and duel them using Vampiric Munitions, then duel a Lingering Wounds warrior and tell me what you find out.

Again, learn the class before you yell nerf. Also take into account that rogues currently make up half of the PvPers on account of us being made FOTM. You'er more likely to get better players playing a class with a larger sampling size. ;)

Rift Chaser

I'm surprised people actually thought that.

/sigh

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Having to dispel every target before you heal it gets tiresome. It won't be long before there's no one left to leech from - there won't be any healers.

I play an R8 rogue abusing the mechanic and an R5 mage having to deal with the mechanic. It needs some adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Having to dispel every target before you heal it gets tiresome. It won't be long before there's no one left to leech from - there won't be any healers.

I play an R8 rogue abusing the mechanic and an R5 mage having to deal with the mechanic. It needs some adjusting.
    thats why you purge / focus fire the rogue; thats the adjustment.

Rift Disciple

Vampiric Munitions being able to hit multiple targets using Fan Out is flat out overpowered and needs changed. VM should be singe target only, the healing proc needs to be cut down some and Fell Blades needs to go back up deep in the NB tree where it originally was. This will fix the majority of the problems people are complaining about currently with rogues.

I was playing a Port Scion match earlier in the evening. Myself and 2 other Marksmen were spamming Fan Out against the bridge defenders who were near triple our number. We were backed up by a cleric healer. We eventually pushed their entire defender team--every single one of them--back away from the bridge and killed over half of them with AoE. We polished off the rest easily with single target dps. I got heavy focus fire at one point, my health bar maybe dropped 50% tops. I've had other matches where I spammed Fan Out/VM, killing multiple people while withstanding a good amount of focus fire for a while before dying. This shouldn't have been allowed, ever, and I don't understand why people feel the need to defend it.

The only effective counter to a MM doing this at the moment is an opposing MM purging the VM buff or the healers stopping healing. And that really isn't a counter at all. I'm obviously all up for making rogues to be more competitive with other callings in PvP. I'm not for our calling to be the next one-hit wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerbeleth View Post
    Lol. This is like a cliche now. I've been reading it on these forums every patch, just the name of the class changes to whatevers considered OP at the time.

"thats why you purge / focus fire the [warrior/pyro/cleric/rogue]; thats the adjustment."
    Last edited by Naduri; 10-01-2011 at 01:43 AM.
    Anduri - Gelidra
    United Kingdoms

Rift Disciple

For any of you that bothered to look at dev posts while it was on the PTS. Vampiric munitions debuff does hit multiple targets just like lingering wounds does, however the healing recieved only comes from one of those targets (usually the first target you get a vampiric proc on).

20% chance to apply and it is dispellable vs warrior crit chance and undispellable... VM is NOT OP, learn the mechanics before you start screaming and qqing.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Korvan View Post
    For any of you that bothered to look at dev posts while it was on the PTS. Vampiric munitions debuff does hit multiple targets just like lingering wounds does, however the healing recieved only comes from one of those targets (usually the first target you get a vampiric proc on).

20% chance to apply and it is dispellable vs warrior crit chance and undispellable... VM is NOT OP, learn the mechanics before you start screaming and qqing.
    thats wrong, you get heals from everyone of the procs, thing is with multiple ppl attacking your targets with a healing debuff as well overwrites your own stopping the healing until you overwrite it again...

Healing debuffs do need adjustements and not just the siphoning part, 50% cut in effective heal is too big of a change and just makes way for frustration, no other debuffs in the game has that kind of power that can be permanently applied to mutliple target. Souls without healing debuffs suffer from not having it and souls with healing debuff just wanna make healers quit healing, solution? nerf healing debuff down to 10-20%max and nerf healing by ~15-25% on pvp targets.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Oxnan View Post
    thats wrong, you get heals from everyone of the procs, thing is with multiple ppl attacking your targets with a healing debuff as well overwrites your own stopping the healing until you overwrite it again...

Healing debuffs do need adjustements and not just the siphoning part, 50% cut in effective heal is too big of a change and just makes way for frustration, no other debuffs in the game has that kind of power that can be permanently applied to mutliple target. Souls without healing debuffs suffer from not having it and souls with healing debuff just wanna make healers quit healing, solution? nerf healing debuff down to 10-20%max and nerf healing by ~15-25% on pvp targets.

There are reasons why it's in place and without CC working because of DR it makes healers unstoppable without it.

I would be happy with 25% but not until I can chain CC a healer so I can actually kill them.

CC in this game with its DR system makes so putting a hold long enough to kill something that can heal impossible without burst but if you can burst someone in 4-5 seconds for 8k health then thats too good but its needed.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Willovain View Post
    Here's Vampiric Munitions (Fel Blades has nearly identical tooltip): The Rogue's ranged weapon attack abilities have a 20% chance to add a curse on the enemy that lasts for 15 seconds, reducing healing taken by 50%. 50% of the healing taken is siphoned to the Rogue.

It does not take away an extra 25% healing. It heals the rogue for 50% of 50% of your healing taken. In other words, you do not lose anything more than when getting ganked by a Lingering Wounds warrior, the rogue just also gets 50% of the healing you do. If you don't believe me, go find a rogue and duel them using Vampiric Munitions, then duel a Lingering Wounds warrior and tell me what you find out.
    You are absolutely right in this statement but you may confuse people with this. I just want to clairify this for people:

The toon that the rogue attacks gets a debuff - 50% reduction in healing. The rogue then receives 50% of the amount healed for after the debuff. So, the rogue is healed for 25% of the initial amount casted by the healer - not 50%.

I just want to make that very clear for people. I believe many do not understand this particular mechanic / tool tip.

Plane Touched

So pyro's must have been fine since you can just focus fire the mage? The debuff shouldn't' be able to be aoe applied.

Rift Chaser

Which one? there are 5.

Rift Disciple

Default To the OP

Why? Hyperbole from Rogues and the QQ threads for weeks got you 1.5 ? Why is it NOW not the right thing to do? See whatever posts MOST clearly MUST be true.

You guys whined for WEEKS, now as we all know your OP. So you are now defensive and whining like warriors did about how everyone ELSE needs to L2P.

What's good for the goose, ehh mr Gander.

It worked for Rogues..... but NOW it's hyperbole.

What's really funny, is GOOD rogues knew they were actually good and were scary. NOW anyone can faceroll and be scary but the GOOD players are destroyers.

G

I fail to see how VM and FB are any more OP then the nigh-immortal, headlong charging, fear-bombing, AE Lingering Wounds applying musclefck Warriors. Because they can do it from range? So can Warriors, and you don't even get the OPTION to cleanse the LW debuff. AND the Warrior debuff is 100% chance on crit, which most Warriors are seemingly at soft cap in PvP, so more than likely over 50% crit with buffs flying around. Honestly, you people make mountains out of mole hills. I'm a Cleric, and yes, the heal debuff is annoying, but so is Healer's Covenant and Detaunt. So is no-CD Break Free and horribly programmed DRs. So is AE toggling, 80% bonus damage having spam casters.

Edit: This isn't a call to nerf Warriors, or any other class. It's a call to shut the hell up.
    Last edited by Atropus; 10-01-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    I fail to see how VM and FB are any more OP then the nigh-immortal, headlong charging, fear-bombing, AE Lingering Wounds applying musclefck Warriors. Because they can do it from range? So can Warriors, and you don't even get the OPTION to cleanse the LW debuff. AND the Warrior debuff is 100% chance on crit, which most Warriors are seemingly at soft cap in PvP, so more than likely over 50% crit with buffs flying around. Honestly, you people make mountains out of mole hills. I'm a Cleric, and yes, the heal debuff is annoying, but so is Healer's Covenant and Detaunt. So is no-CD Break Free and horribly programmed DRs. So is AE toggling, 80% bonus damage having spam casters.

Edit: This isn't a call to nerf Warriors, or any other class. It's a call to shut the hell up.
    pls make my detaunt auto proc on everyone that hits me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast