+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many Souls and rolls can you have?

Question How many Souls and rolls can you have?

I couldn't find this anywhere, but I'm sure its been asked.
    How many souls can you have?
    i.e. is is possible to have all the souls in the Archetype tree? And if so, where do you get them from.
    I know during the beta we got the first 3 via quests. Is there a vendor that sells the rest?
    Would be interesting and allow maximum flexibility with using multiple rolls.
    Oh, I guess on that front, whats the max number of rolls you can have?

Thanks for your time and insight.

You can have 3 souls in each role, and currently up to 4 roles I believe.

I think you may be referring to talents within a soul tree. You can have 51 in a single tree, and you have 66 points total. You can divide those 66 points into 3 souls in the same calling.
    Last edited by GoldenAxe; 01-12-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Shadowlander

yeah 3 souls active in any one of the 4 roles.

You can unlock all of the souls and, unless they change it, you can unlock them by doing relatively east quests from your factions main city
    Last edited by AMG209; 01-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    You can have 3 souls in each role, and currently up to 4 roles I believe.
    Thank you for the quick response.
    I may of not asked the initial question clearly.
    I know you can only have 3 souls per Roll.
    Is it possible to own all the Souls in lets say the Rogue tree? 3 in one roll, 3 in the next 3 in the next etc.
    And if this is possible, where / how do you acquire the other souls? I have seen the one PvP one purchasable in the WarFront area but didn't see any others.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by AMG209 View Post
    yeah 3 souls active in any one of the 4 roles.

You can unlock all of the souls and, unless they change it, you can unlock them by doing relatively east quests from your factions main city
    Ahh, there we go, thank you for the answer to the other half of the question.

Good hunting to you both.

It will be possible to unlock all 9 souls for each calling. Currently in beta you can get them all at lvl 13, but it's still uncertain if this will be true for the final version of the game. Least in beta, the 5 PvE souls you didn't get in the newb instance you can pick up quests for in the capital at lvl 13.
    Last edited by Tenison_Grey; 01-12-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Yes it is possible. Since you can have 3 per role and up to 4 roles you can have all souls in the rogue calling. They may one day increase the number of souls making that impossible.

Keep in mind, of course, that you can't get all of the abilities of all of the souls. If you divide all your points that way you can only ever go 22 points into each of those souls.
    Last edited by GoldenAxe; 01-12-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Soulwalker

You can unlock all 9 souls in your archtype (archtype being rogue, warrior, mage, or cleric) and 1 additional pvp soul per archtype.

Your character can only have 3 souls "equipped" at a time though. The pvp soul, if you choose to use it, takes up one of these slots.

In addition you can have 4 present soul configurations (you start out of 1 config and can purchase the additional 3 slots from the trainer). So my rogue can have marks, ***, nb....marks, nb, sab....marks, sab, infil....and rift, bd, sab for example. Switching between any of the 4 presets costs nothing and just requires a cast time. You can also switch between presets during a warfront as long as you're out of combat.

Your first 3 souls are unlocked in the tutorial quest and automatically applied. The rest of the souls are each unlocked with a quest from that respective soul trainer in the main city (forget the name).

The 4 pvp souls are unlocked by pvping (i think they're purchasable with renown but can't remember), and are as follows:

Rogue=Infiltrator
    Warrior=Vindicator
    Mage=Archmage
    Cleric=Templar

Here is a role builder that you can use http://riftbuilder.lotd.org/

You can choose to completely reset one of your soul configs for a small amount of money.

Basically you can pick up a rogue and have a ranged pve spec, a melee pve dps spec, a pve tank spec, and a pvp spec if you want. It's an amazing system that allows for a ton of flexibility.

Edit: wow this thread got fast responses....
    Last edited by Rucket; 01-12-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Shadowlander

hehe sure did obviously lots of people wanting to get into telara

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    Yes it is possible. Since you can have 3 per role and up to 4 roles you can have all souls in the rogue calling. They may one day increase the number of souls making that impossible.

Keep in mind, of course, that you can't get all of the abilities of all of the souls. If you divide all your points that way you can only ever go 22 points into each of those souls.
    They are allready working on a new soul for each Calling, possibly for release or sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by FourHorsemen View Post
    They are allready working on a new soul for each Calling, possibly for release or sooner.
    where did you get that from ?

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

I hope they make it a little harder to get souls - that could be a lot of fun. Everyone loves to have goals to work towards and to collect things.... Right now its way too simple. I was totally surprised that I acquired all the souls (except PVP) in an hour or 2 and you don't even have to try.

Maybe the soul keeper gives you ONE ability from that talent tree, and you have to use it X number of times till you are ready for the full tree.
    Can't live without an MMO!
    Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Anarchy Online, City of Heroes, Everquest 2, EvE, Warhammer, Fallen Earth, Dragon Nest, Guild Wars, Vindictus, World of Warcraft, TERA, Secret World, League of Legends, Hellgate, Rift.
    Adventures of Azzura

Quote Originally Posted by Azzura View Post
    I hope they make it a little harder to get souls - that could be a lot of fun. Everyone loves to have goals to work towards and to collect things.... Right now its way too simple. I was totally surprised that I acquired all the souls (except PVP) in an hour or 2 and you don't even have to try.

Maybe the soul keeper gives you ONE ability from that talent tree, and you have to use it X number of times till you are ready for the full tree.
    I'm inclined to agree that it is a little easy to get the souls. One would think it would be more difficult. I particularly liked the job unlock quests in FFXI. It felt like an accomplishment every time you unlocked one.

The Rolls are all you can eat.

+ Reply to Thread