+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What to Pick ?

Soulwalker

Default What to Pick ?

so i'm torn between a melee assn type rogue with stealth and burst dammage or battle cleric.

clerics have everything they can heal they can tank they can do good dps.

rogues can tank i guess and bard is fun, but my REAL QUESTION to you all i guess is are rogues going to be really good at stealthing and killing thier targets. i'm looking for a class that can SOLO. as of right now the rogue melee souls are terrible and they do close to no dammage

what do you think would be more fun and rewarding ?

Right now, no. Melee rogues are not very good at stealthing and killing their targets. They can accomplish this sometimes, but rarely.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    Right now, no. Melee rogues are not very good at stealthing and killing their targets. They can accomplish this sometimes, but rarely.
    this is why i think i will be going cleric on release. but i'm sure they will have to balance this. i also just dont want to get screwed in the sense that later on in the game or end game, the assn is going to be awsome and now i would be stuck with a cleric if you know what i'm saying

well not many rogue souls get stealth number one. though number two I had fun playing my rogue and had little trouble soloing really but I never got the level up to get the stealth from my nightblade soul yet.
    Last edited by LadyStarlea; 01-12-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

Default On The Horizon for Rift Hartsman Speaks

look at the 3 rd paragraph down after the ON THE HORIZONE FOR RIFT title
    rogue fix are coming for beta 5

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsy View Post
    look at the 3 rd paragraph down after the ON THE HORIZONE FOR RIFT title
    rogue fix are coming for beta 5
    where do i find this article or story.

and when you said you solo fairly well where you able to kill people in pvp and in duels? in PVE they are fun in PVP i think they need a complete revamp

Soulwalker

also i was just thinking. why should i even bother with all this when i can simply roll a cleric and be a melee beast. I pick rogue and would love to stay with it because i enjoy stealthing around and ganking people becuase they are supposed to be able to put people to death quickly and escape

lol Well maybe we wont have the regular OP rouge type that Pawns everything in this game...

I'm going Rogue even though I love the idea of a Battle Clerics. I simply hate 2hd maces and I don't want to feel like an *** because I refused to switch to a healing role when we're short on healers. Pity there's no Disciple of Khaine style dual blade healer in Rift.

Go with the playstlyle you like even if it sucks right now. Remember at level 50 it could be a different story, and there will always be nerfs and buffs.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

The Assassin is the only soul that gets an infinite stealth time (via talents), or so I believe.

The Assassin Tree is good but it's hard to determine what abilities to use when paired with other souls.

I ran an Assassin Soul and picked up Bladedancer 2nd for the Keen/Quick(or)Precision Strikes and Deadly(finisher) and picked up Puncture from the Assassination tree to tie in, grabbing the bleed duration bonus and what-not, it lead to some nice steady dps with poisons but for quickly dispatching a target, I'd say that in the low level of the beta, that'd be a negative, later however, if you assign points to trees, rogues can get pretty beastly, I hope we get more souls to play around with soon as I'm not happy with the dps of a melee rogue at lower levels. Marksmen getting critcal Deadeye shots for upwards of 1250 makes me a sad panda when my Deadly/Final Blow/and other finishers only Crit around 600, depending on the target. (Lvl 22, a few warfronts and a bit of world PvP, not a ton of testing)

In another view, the Rogue Melee Trees (aside from Assassination) are hard to move upwards without taking defensive talents or taking talents that buff abilities that you're not going to use. Nightblade has 2 good talents at base 1 and 2 that fill a role nicely but that's only 10 points into the soul, and after that it's hard to progress.

Edit: I don't like how the talents and abilities are set up for assassination burst atm either, if you take Backstab, and the talent for assassinate/backstab to ignore 50% armor, that's nice burst, but it'd be a trade off for opening with a stun and then using backstab twice or more. being forced to be behind the target sucks when you lack sufficient stuns to hold them in place.
    Last edited by Valediction; 01-12-2011 at 03:35 PM.

Default I Kill you, you Kill him, He kills me

Rogues kill Mage
    Mage kills warriors
    Warrior kills Cleric
    Cleric kills Rogue

So what else does a rogue kill?

Soulwalker

i agree, even though i am still torn. I mean the cleric is knocking at my door, but there is something about the rogue that wont leave my mind. I'm so torn.

Quote Originally Posted by vezo View Post
    i agree, even though i am still torn. I mean the cleric is knocking at my door, but there is something about the rogue that wont leave my mind. I'm so torn.
    In other MMOs what archetype do you usually end up playing the longest? Also remember Rogues have souls like the Ranger that are amazing for solo play and you can always respec to assassin. The only thing Rogues can't do is main heal.
    Sharuko - Guardian Mathosian Cleric
    Sharuko - Defiant Kelari Rogue
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=138502&dateline=13019  27021

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Go with the playstlyle you like even if it sucks right now. Remember at level 50 it could be a different story, and there will always be nerfs and buffs.
    This is good advice. Play what knocks your hair back. Rift, like all MMOs before it, will be constantly changing. Classes that are underwhelming at one point are all most always buffed, and overpowered classes eventually get the nerf bat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast