+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Rift Racial Quickfix – How to Encourage Balance

Default Rift Racial Quickfix – How to Encourage Balance

glad there adressing this cause for sure races/factions gonna be unbalanced

almost everyone going defiant with good reason...!!! h8
    Last edited by Gutsy; 01-12-2011 at 02:40 PM.

The cooldowns on racial abilities make this a non-issue.

Anything without a cooldown really isn't all that powerful to begin with. One or two have pretty good abilities, but even then these abilities will eventually be made superficial by the game's mechanics as levels increase. A small bonus at level 1 is an insignificant bonus at level 50.

Anyone choosing their faction based exclusively on racial abilities is pretty shallow.

Telaran

I don't really get this. Does the writer of this article really not think that the ability to regen 30% of your health, or take half damage for a while is useful in pvp?

O**** buttons are as useful as burst buttons in pvp combat
    Last edited by Obregon; 01-12-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Play a Dwarf then +5% endurance is huge. That and their Heal regeneration trait is a bonus.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    The cooldowns on racial abilities make this a non-issue.

Anything without a cooldown really isn't all that powerful to begin with. One or two have pretty good abilities, but even then these abilities will eventually be made superficial by the game's mechanics as levels increase. A small bonus at level 1 is an insignificant bonus at level 50.

Anyone choosing their faction based exclusively on racial abilities is pretty shallow.
    Um, that is the worst argument I have ever heard.

The Eth racial gives you a 25% health rune every 5 minutes. Every single raiding MT will want this racial over every single other racial. Being able to start out every fight with that extra margin for error for your MT and healers will be invaluable. 5 minutes is nothing in the raiding game.

The Defiant racials are so much better than the Guardian ones that every serious raiding guild will be Defiant.

It is clear you have never seriously raided.
    Riler - Future Guardian Warladin Knight
    <Pain>

cause every single dps is going defiant atm for 100 % guaranty 2 crit + hit racial,, they stack up charge /points bang hit that racial and voila guarantied kill almost

wich is gonna creat huge faction unblalance at first wich gonna suck for pvp/pvp servers / warfront queues

there just trying to make other racials more atractive at first glance

Shadowlander

i thought this was about racial differences for pvp not raiding :s

But imo you tend to find pvpers generaly head towards the 'darker' or 'evil' (or whatever) factions for PVP anyway, or at least that has been my experience in mmorpg's.
    Last edited by AMG209; 01-12-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riler View Post

The Eth racial gives you a 25% health rune every 5 minutes. Every single raiding MT will want this racial over every single other racial. Being able to start out every fight with that extra margin for error for your MT and healers will be invaluable. 5 minutes is nothing in the raiding game.

The Defiant racials are so much better than the Guardian ones that every serious raiding guild will be Defiant.

The Guardians have many excellent racial abilities as well. My tank character will be a dwarf. There's no reason to start hurling those insulting suggestions toward me. I have raided plenty, and enough to know that although min/maxing is certainly important for raiding, that many other situational abilities would be better in other circumstances. There may be some raid mobs in which my dwarf would be better than an Eth.

I will go so far as to admit that a 5 minute cooldown may not be enough, but oh**** buttons aren't everything. Rift is a pretty fast-paced game, and ultimately these things aren't going to make or break anything.

People really just need to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsy View Post
    glad there adressing this cause for sure races/factions gonna be unbalanced

almost everyone going defiant with good reason...!!! h8
    A lot are still also going Guardian, infact I ran in to far more people guardian side in beta than in defiant.

Quote Originally Posted by Riler View Post

5% extra endurance from Dwarves is great, as in increased incomin healing for high elves, 1% extra damage for all damage skills is nothing to be sneezed at for mathosian , having an increased mana regen from the high elves is really nice as a cleric or mage too...

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by AMG209 View Post
    i thought this was about racial differences for pvp not raiding :s

But imo you tend to find pvpers generaly head towards the 'darker' or 'evil' (or whatever) factions for PVP anyway, or at least that has been my experience in mmorpg's.
    thought it was about racials full stop ?

Precept
    Gaming in the Multiverse

Shadowlander

ehh my bad then lol

None heard of: "Defense is your best offense"?

really, i played with this shield racial class dude a bit , and every time i duelled and faced one of those crit racials - i just pressed my "shield" and there werent anything they could do..

What im trying to say is that "good" will always be more defensive built, and "evil" will always be more offensive. Its just the way of good and evil nature!
    And tbh, if used right - they are just as good=)
    Catbell - Eth Champion Warrior
    Cowbell - Kelari Marksman rouge
    Making noise on Bloodiron

Thanks for the repost. (There's a thread on this already that I posted when I wrote the blog entry.)

Regardless of how you feel about x, y, or z ability it simply makes sense to try and ensure that there are no major gameplay reasons that someone would choose one faction over another.

That is the whole point.
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

Quote Originally Posted by alfmarius View Post
    None heard of: "Defense is your best offense"?

really, i played with this shield racial class dude a bit , and every time i duelled and faced one of those crit racials - i just pressed my "shield" and there werent anything they could do..

What im trying to say is that "good" will always be more defensive built, and "evil" will always be more offensive. Its just the way of good and evil nature!
    And tbh, if used right - they are just as good=)
    Did you actually read the post?

How will your "good" defensive ability stack up when 2 or 3 Kelari autocrit you?
    Senior Officer of Legend ( Endless US PvE )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast