But they didn't write the game properly to allow that. Which is a shame, as I'd rather see all races available on each side.
So the Mathosian Racial = 50% damage reduction for 50% of your HP....
Dwarf Racial = 30% heal
Elf Racial = Mana regen
Eth Racial vs Math = 25% damage shield = 50% damage redux for 50% hp.
IMO the math's is better for tanks, eth for the rest
25% damage shield vs 30% heal
IMO shield is better because its preventing damage rather than having to use a GCD to heal damage already done to you.
Uhhh?? healers/caster might go for the elf, rest, Eth.
Thats not that imbalanced.
Kelari Racial vs Math
Again, Tanks will go for Math everyone else, Kelari
hahah. Kelari for every class.
Maybe a raiding healer will go for elf, the rest will go for Kelari
Thats out of wack, kelari racial is damn sexy (and works so well with racial passive)
Bahmi vs Math
Again, tanks, probably the Math's
40% spellpower/atk power vs 30% heal? imo, Bahmi rocks more than a heal.
once again, only raiding healers will grab the elf's. DPS will definitly go for the Mahmi.
So it seems that guardians will have better tanks in general.... and their raid healers will be awesome with their mana.
But DPS will predominantly roll Kelari.
Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
Death pays all debts
Yes, I agree that there are certain pvp situations were the Eth shield is superior. I ALSO said there are also a great many situations where the dwarf racial (Like if your going to live for more then 6 seconds)or the Malthosian racials are superior. My overall point is that the Eth racial is not the end all be all for pvp defensive racials.
From an Assassin's point of view, the Kelari seem like the best race to be.
- Improved Savage Strike (Increases Critical Hit chance of your Savage Strike by 10%)
- Ruthlessness (Increases your Critical Hit chance by 5%)
- Serrated Blades (Your Critical Hit attacks with melee weapons cause your target to bleed based on 300% of your weapon's damage over 6 seconds, can be applied up to 3 times)
- Cruel Vengeance (Your Critical Hit attacks increase your damage by 10% for 10 seconds)
- Magnify Pain (Increases the Critical Hit damage of your Physical attacks by 20%)
Notice how Serrated Blades and Magnify Pain take extreme advantage of the Kelari racial. Then, throw in something like this from the Riftstalker tree and call it good.
Ruthless Stalker (Increases your Critical Hit chance by 15% for 10 seconds after Plane Shifting)
The benefits of a Kelari are just amazing, and with Serrated Blades, you can be extremely effective in assassination. But let's take a look at how the Mathosians and Dwarves might compare, utilizing the Riftstalker soul tree.
- Toughened Soul (Increases your Armor Value by 20%)
- Exceptional Resilience (Whenever you are the victim of a Critical Hit you take 30% less damage for the next 10 seconds)
Assuming you are fighting a Kelari and they activate their racial and start going to town, you've mitigated their damage by a decent amount already.
- Boosted Recovery (All healing effects on you are increased by 30%)
I can assume that the Dwarf regeneration racial will work with this, and if so, will prove to be an incredible recovery tactic.
- Ruthless Stalker (Increases your Critical Hit chance by 15% for 10 seconds after Planes Shifting)
- Cautious Stalker (Increases your Armor Value by 45% for 10 seconds after Planes Shifting)
- Shadow Mastery (reduces the cooldown of your Planes Shift abilities by 15 seconds)
- Planar Refuge (Uses the Rift energies to strengthen the Rogue's soul for 8 seconds, reducing damage taken by 50%)
This, with either of the Mathosian or Dwarf racials can ensure you survive that Kelari burst.
- Rift Prison (Imprisons the enemy for 6 seconds, rendering the enemy helpless, but invulnerable to all effects)
If the above didn't satisfy you, try using this on an enemy Kelari while you use Second Wind (Dwarf Racial)
- Hardened Stalker (Reduces damage you take by 15% for 10 seconds after Planes Shifting)
A Mathosian can take extreme advantage by using their racial and Planes Shifting for all the simultaneous benefits it offers. The Kelari racial may need some balancing, or may not. I'll leave that to Trion. But the way I see it, the Kelari only have a few seconds of burst which can possibly be mitigated and/or healed through. The Mathosians/Dwarves have their entire soul tree to use, as well as some awesome "OHSHI-" racials to combine to ensure survivability in many cases. There's more than one way to survive that burst. And in PvP, survivability is often key. The Mathosians and Dwarves definitely warrant a consideration, but this is full dependent whether or not their racials can be affected by healing-reduction abilities.
Last edited by Ironfungus; 01-13-2011 at 07:21 PM.
This breaks down easily for me.
1) Defiant is favored in Racials, no denying it.
2) Beta feedback suggests Defiant is favored by the community.
3) Defiants wait in excess of 30 minutes for Q's in Beta.
4) YouTube video's have a ratio of 7:1 in Defiant favor, from my count. *This normally wouldn't reveal anything, but when considered in addition to other factors it's data is supported.*
From this you easily conclude that Defiant will be overpopulated, which makes my decision easy. I'm going Guardians.
So Defiants have a little racial advantage that weighs near nothing when scaling them with talents and once every 5 minutes they can pop a Cooldown that's better than mine.
My suggestion is to relax about the min/maxing on your Defiant character. You'll have plenty of time to do that when you're waiting upwards of 45m for your Q to pop.
Why cant we pool all racials and pick the one you want to roll with defiant or guardian.?
Go defiant, Everyone that reads this should stop and think:
Would Trion, who is doing a really wonderful job, seriously be set back by a imbalance of race?
I think not. Put not your faith into que times and subtle attempts to be lured to the Guardians so you can somehow feel powerful as gimps. Stick with the numbers and facts, stick with the Defiant!
You wont be sorry.
Yes, they are on long CD's, but when used effectively on strategically important targets (healers in particular), they can have a decisive effect.
Another thing about offensive CD's: if they are used in concert with each other on a single player, then one player's defensive CD's won't "cancel" them out...
Last edited by Wenry; 01-21-2011 at 07:59 PM.
My question to you is what will you do when your timers are down and you're no longer able to "insta kill" whatever you see?
Back in line. You're Shepard is calling.
Last edited by Telankaa; 01-21-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Excuses are nails that built the house of FAIL
I'm actually considering playing guardian because of the expected faction imbalance ... although I really cannot stand religious zealots -.-