Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: This rogue complaining ridiculous

Default This rogue complaining ridiculous

I see people saying there's no point in healing, rogues are taking out four people. I think Trion has very good testers. Thank goodness they take these forums with a grain of salt.

The majority of this must be coming from previously unstoppable (vs a rogue) locks and wars. Rogues are fine and so is healing.
    Last edited by puntie; 09-30-2011 at 07:21 AM.
    DERPSTRIKE
    Puntie - Kind, delicate cleric
    Scrypz - Not so kind rogue

Telaran

You are certifiably insane if you believe this.
    Skelas
    <The Purge>
    You can't hug every cat.

Quote Originally Posted by puntie View Post
    I see people saying there's no point in healing, rogues are taking out four people. I think Trion has very good testers. Thank goodness they take these forums with a grain of salt.

The majority of this must be coming from previously unstoppable (vs a rogue) locks and wars. Rogues are fine and so is healing.
    Says the OP rogue XD

guess you just wanna stay OP for a little more time eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Skelas View Post
    You are certifiably insane if you believe this.

There is still not a rogue out there that can solo kill my cleric in a timely fashion with my cd's up. Before this patch I could talk trash, emote and heal through the rogues dps while he gave it everything he had.

You wanna remember OP rogues. Think the two button BAL then torment spammers "i pick you you die" of that terrible, unbalanced game WAR.
    Last edited by Linian; 09-30-2011 at 09:25 AM. Reason: profanity
    DERPSTRIKE
    Puntie - Kind, delicate cleric
    Scrypz - Not so kind rogue

Telaran

The crying is very ridiculous. It is all coming from p6 and under Warriors and Clerics who are used to dominating entire groups of 4 or 5 players with just a RB/VK warrior and his pocket Snt/Wdn healer behind him.

I play a M*A*S*H* Cleric main, and Nighstalker Rogue alt. I am in a PVP guild on a heavy PVP server Dayblind. I dont run dungeons, or raids, I do Open world and WF PVP all day every day. Thats all we do. When you ask the P8 Clerics and warriors in our guild and server what they think about rogues we pretty much have a single mind on the matter. The game is very balanced in PVP at the moment. The buff to rogues isnt ridiculous they cannot 1v2 or 1v4 people as some posts have claimed unless the opponents are terrible baddies and the rogue is p8. We do however think there needs to be some changes made to Fell Blades, Vampiric Munitions, and Lingering Wounds.

People jsut have to accept that there is 4 detrimental callings in this game PVPwise now. Before rogues were little more then bards or shard runners in PVP unless they were the type to go assassin and sit around stealthed all the time keeping people from capping flags or leaving combat to drink and not actually contributing to the fight. Trion has made all 4 callings viable and you need to adjust.

Warriors let me give you a hint. There is a very easy to use anti-rogue spec available. It is 33RB/33Paladin. Figure it out and enjoy. But if you haden't already figured that spec out 3 days after the patch went live your probably a baddie who only uses specs posted on the forum.

Cleric's definitly need to stop crying. RB/VK warriors are still vastly stronger against us then any of the new rogue specs. We simply cannot just stand around tanking a rogue while typing /say "That tickles!!!" and healing ourselves and our pcket warriors anymore. A cleric will now be vulnerable and need people to kill the person attacking him while he scrambles to keep himself alive. I ahve been doing it sucessfully for 3 days now with MASH spec and I even have a bunch of 1v1 wins over rogue FOTM reroller baddies who spent the last 4 months playing Mages and Warriors.

So please please please QQ less, KTHXBAI.....
    Last edited by Aandolas; 09-30-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot.

This sounds vaguely familiar, I'm pretty sure I've heard it before. Some flaming guy and someone with dual-weapons said the very same thing some time ago.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-30-2011 at 08:23 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Aandolas View Post
    The crying is very ridiculous. It is all coming from p6 and under Warriors and Clerics who are used to dominating entire groups of 4 or 5 players with just a RB/VK warrior and his pocket Snt/Wdn healer behind him.

I play a M*A*S*H* Cleric main, and Nighstalker Rogue alt. I am in a PVP guild on a heavy PVP server Dayblind. I dont run dungeons, or raids, I do Open world and WF PVP all day every day. Thats all we do. When you ask the P8 Clerics and warriors in our guild and server what they think about rogues we pretty much have a single mind on the matter. The game is very balanced in PVP at the moment. The buff to rogues isnt ridiculous they cannot 1v2 or 1v4 people as some posts have claimed unless the opponents are terrible baddies and the rogue is p8. We do however think there needs to be some changes made to Fell Blades, Vampiric Munitions, and Lingering Wounds.

People jsut have to accept that there is 4 detrimental callings in this game PVPwise now. Before rogues were little more then bards or shard runners in PVP unless they were the type to go assassin and sit around stealthed all the time keeping people from capping flags or leaving combat to drink and not actually contributing to the fight. Trion has made all 4 callings viable and you need to adjust.

Warriors let me give you a hint. There is a very easy to use anti-rogue spec available. It is 33RB/33Paladin. Figure it out and enjoy. But if you haden't already figured that spec out 3 days after the patch went live your probably a baddie who only uses specs posted on the forum.

Cleric's definitly need to stop crying. RB/VK warriors are still vastly stronger against us then any of the new rogue specs. We simply cannot just stand around tanking a rogue while typing /say "That tickles!!!" and healing ourselves and our pcket warriors anymore. A cleric will now be vulnerable and need people to kill the person attacking him while he scrambles to keep himself alive. I ahve been doing it sucessfully for 3 days now with MASH spec and I even have a bunch of 1v1 wins over rogue FOTM reroller baddies who spent the last 4 months playing Mages and Warriors.

So please please please QQ less, KTHXBAI.....
    Amazing I agree with everything posted....

Shadowlander

If all the r8 players agree, maybe rogues are fine when you have the full 40-50% valor reduction from runes, essences, etc, but not everyone is there... When you have <6k hp and only mitigate between 30-40% (basic to decent)...

Feels like fighting rebuff pyros, or well, pick your favorite op spec that got nerfed.

Telaran

Agree rogues are fine, I'm loving someone else putting up lingering wounds for me

Rift Chaser

I think Trion has very good testers. Thank goodness they take these forums with a grain of salt.
    Hahaha, that is hilarious!

Good testers? Do you now many bugs and imbalances there were for warriors for weeks w/out being fixed? The testing proof was delivered by warriors and posted on the forums for a long time before they were ever resolved.

And... "take these forums with a grain of salt." You must be totally blind. The reason warriors still aren't fixed statwise and why we're still dependent on dex/crit over str/ap (which, their user interface says are very important stats to us) is because there were so many warriors on the forum crying about how they bought all of this leather/heavy dex/crit gear and now their stats would go down with the changes they were going to implement in 1.5. Yeah, those changes got reverted back to the terrible math Warriors are currently using.

Also, don't fool yourself. Rogues are getting nerfed. Trust me. Warriors heard the "we're [Trion] generally happy with the state of warriors." Only to see our DW specs nerfed into oblivion.

So... all I can say, is enjoy the state of rogues for now. It won't last long.

Prophet of Telara

Do they ? It seems the classes that cry the most get the most buffs.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Do they ? It seems the classes that cry the most get the most buffs.
    What about the classes that every other class says "yeah, they do need something" about?
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    What about the classes that every other class says "yeah, they do need something" about?
    The answer wasnt to turn them into Rambo.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    The answer wasnt to turn them into Rambo.
    It seems 50/50 on people complaining and agreeing that they are on par (from cleric/warrior/...not so much mage... mains). Based on this it may be either a gear or a L2P issue. I have hardly played the game in months so I don't know how bad or good it is but it seems balanced for the first time in a while.

If felblades or vampiric munitions can proc on multiple AoE targets however I would argue against that--it does seem a bit OP.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Aandolas View Post
    When you ask the P8 Clerics and warriors in our guild and server what they think about rogues we pretty much have a single mind on the matter. The game is very balanced in PVP at the moment.
    Let them eat cake...
    Last edited by Kaelani; 09-30-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast