Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: This rogue complaining ridiculous

Soulwalker

All 1.5 did was make it easier for bad rogues to kill people. Rogues aren't OP, they're just easier to play...making bad players suddenly seem like every rogue is a stud. In truth, I hate the changes. I play a rogue and nothing else. 51ass/15inf/0ranger pre-patch. I have never understood why people thought rogues were so awful. I actually feel much less effective post patch, not to mention my spec is now essentially obsolete. I've experimented constantly since the patch, trying to give it a fair shake. I've hated every minute of it.

By the way, I don't even claim to be a great rogue...but I've come to realize that being the greatest rogue of all time isn't really that important if the other 99% are awful beyond tears. I thought I was relatively good. Now, I kind of feel like, pre patch, I was God.

Trion, like every other company, responds to horrible players when they QQ about how OP someone else is or how UP they are themselves. The truth is, you just suck. Real rogues were ALWAYS playing rogues...and ALWAYS well. They didn't jump ship because their class required them to think and ALWAYS be at the top of their game to get the kill. Now all the traitors are coming back to an easy-mode reward bestowed upon them by the wise Devs at Trion, who graciously decided that people shouldn't have to learn to play their class, they should just get an easy button.

Thinking just isn't in style. If you thought rogues needed what they got in 1.5, you are a terrible player and you don't deserve the rogue class. Period. Cliche as it is...l2p.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by puntie View Post
    I think Trion has very good testers.

I think you must be mistaken.

Shadowlander

Godwin's law

Wait for the hub bub to die down, and hopefully fan out will be toned down some.
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 10-03-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Champion

I don't necessarily think rogues are op'd atm, but some of the changes will definitely be nerfed. I imagine vampiric munitions will be changed to a single target only and fell blades I have no thought on.
    Just like lingering wounds, not sure what will happen if anything.

The hard part will be the riftstalker changes, because that is what is really making rogues seem over the top.
    They jump in, now hit hard enough to kill people, and take little to no damage. Move on to the next target.
    Health gets low, just slip away, recall and heal up...return for more.

It's great for PvE, and although I love the changes to riftstalker for both PvE and PvP, I'm planning for the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Listing It Here View Post
    I don't necessarily think rogues are op'd atm, but some of the changes will definitely be nerfed. I imagine vampiric munitions will be changed to a single target only and fell blades I have no thought on.
    Just like lingering wounds, not sure what will happen if anything.

The hard part will be the riftstalker changes, because that is what is really making rogues seem over the top.
    They jump in, now hit hard enough to kill people, and take little to no damage. Move on to the next target.
    Health gets low, just slip away, recall and heal up...return for more.

It's great for PvE, and although I love the changes to riftstalker for both PvE and PvP, I'm planning for the bat.
    Hitting a Deadeye Shot for 4.7k = OP. It's hitting harder than any 2H Warrior ability (INCLUDING FINISHERS) at the moment. From 35 meters. Haha...

Can get screenshots if nobody believes me (he's in my guild).

Prepare for some nerfs, IMO...

Though I do find it HILARIOUS how much Fan Out spam there is right now. So many scrub Rogues running around at the moment spamming this crap (PvE and PvP). Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by id0l View Post
    Hitting a Deadeye Shot for 4.7k = OP. It's hitting harder than any 2H Warrior ability (INCLUDING FINISHERS) at the moment. From 35 meters. Haha...

Can get screenshots if nobody believes me (he's in my guild).

Prepare for some nerfs, IMO...

Though I do find it HILARIOUS how much Fan Out spam there is right now. So many scrub Rogues running around at the moment spamming this crap (PvE and PvP). Ridiculous.
    Let me guess? Raid geared warrior running around in PvP QQing?

Squally - LvL 50/Rank 8 Defiant Cleric
    Kaisan - LvL 50/Rank 2 Defiant Rogue
    <Reckless> OP Cleric@Faemist

I love you
    Quote Originally Posted by Aandolas View Post
    The crying is very ridiculous. It is all coming from p6 and under Warriors and Clerics who are used to dominating entire groups of 4 or 5 players with just a RB/VK warrior and his pocket Snt/Wdn healer behind him.

I play a M*A*S*H* Cleric main, and Nighstalker Rogue alt. I am in a PVP guild on a heavy PVP server Dayblind. I dont run dungeons, or raids, I do Open world and WF PVP all day every day. Thats all we do. When you ask the P8 Clerics and warriors in our guild and server what they think about rogues we pretty much have a single mind on the matter. The game is very balanced in PVP at the moment. The buff to rogues isnt ridiculous they cannot 1v2 or 1v4 people as some posts have claimed unless the opponents are terrible baddies and the rogue is p8. We do however think there needs to be some changes made to Fell Blades, Vampiric Munitions, and Lingering Wounds.

People jsut have to accept that there is 4 detrimental callings in this game PVPwise now. Before rogues were little more then bards or shard runners in PVP unless they were the type to go assassin and sit around stealthed all the time keeping people from capping flags or leaving combat to drink and not actually contributing to the fight. Trion has made all 4 callings viable and you need to adjust.

Warriors let me give you a hint. There is a very easy to use anti-rogue spec available. It is 33RB/33Paladin. Figure it out and enjoy. But if you haden't already figured that spec out 3 days after the patch went live your probably a baddie who only uses specs posted on the forum.

Cleric's definitly need to stop crying. RB/VK warriors are still vastly stronger against us then any of the new rogue specs. We simply cannot just stand around tanking a rogue while typing /say "That tickles!!!" and healing ourselves and our pcket warriors anymore. A cleric will now be vulnerable and need people to kill the person attacking him while he scrambles to keep himself alive. I ahve been doing it sucessfully for 3 days now with MASH spec and I even have a bunch of 1v1 wins over rogue FOTM reroller baddies who spent the last 4 months playing Mages and Warriors.

So please please please QQ less, KTHXBAI.....
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by SquallyZ06 View Post
    Let me guess? Raid geared warrior running around in PvP QQing?
    And a lying one, at that. Deadeye for 4.7k literally isn't possible. Ever, at all
    Last edited by Zaros; 10-03-2011 at 01:05 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    And a lying one, at that. Deadeye for 4.7k literally isn't possible. Ever, at all
    The warrior was obviously a dragon mote
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I dunno - I'm looking forward to getting my Rogue up because I think it just might be with the right buffs and build.

-Liang

Rift Disciple

I come from a pro war3/fps background and was top 5 world in wow for multiple seasons;

When I dueled equally skilled/geard *full r8* rogues before the patch, it always ended with a 20%~ health ratio. *This is about right considering warriors are forced to duel with a shield, it would be 100% win rate on the rogue if they catch us with a 2h*

This reminds me of the mage buff... a bunch of failtard mages cry and trion over-buffs... While the skilled mages are sitting their going, really... wtf their buffing us?

Any game without paid or incentivized testers is a guaranteed formula for EPIC FAIL

-Signed Bio/Leet
    Dear B i o,
    You have received a warning at RIFT Forums.
    Reason:
    Trolling/Baiting

Quote Originally Posted by thektotheg View Post
    All 1.5 did was make it easier for bad rogues to kill people. Rogues aren't OP, they're just easier to play...making bad players suddenly seem like every rogue is a stud. In truth, I hate the changes. I play a rogue and nothing else. 51ass/15inf/0ranger pre-patch. I have never understood why people thought rogues were so awful. I actually feel much less effective post patch, not to mention my spec is now essentially obsolete. I've experimented constantly since the patch, trying to give it a fair shake. I've hated every minute of it.

By the way, I don't even claim to be a great rogue...but I've come to realize that being the greatest rogue of all time isn't really that important if the other 99% are awful beyond tears. I thought I was relatively good. Now, I kind of feel like, pre patch, I was God.

Trion, like every other company, responds to horrible players when they QQ about how OP someone else is or how UP they are themselves. The truth is, you just suck. Real rogues were ALWAYS playing rogues...and ALWAYS well. They didn't jump ship because their class required them to think and ALWAYS be at the top of their game to get the kill. Now all the traitors are coming back to an easy-mode reward bestowed upon them by the wise Devs at Trion, who graciously decided that people shouldn't have to learn to play their class, they should just get an easy button.

Thinking just isn't in style. If you thought rogues needed what they got in 1.5, you are a terrible player and you don't deserve the rogue class. Period. Cliche as it is...l2p.
    51sin got better, if anything. Not sure wtf you're on about
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by thektotheg View Post

You have no idea what you talking about and fail to adapt. 51sin/15mm is the new sin/inf.

And there was no way in hell you were able to solo mage, cleric or a warrior.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Oid
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by puntie View Post
    I see people saying there's no point in healing, rogues are taking out four people. I think Trion has very good testers. Thank goodness they take these forums with a grain of salt.

The majority of this must be coming from previously unstoppable (vs a rogue) locks and wars. Rogues are fine and so is healing.
    So what you are saying is.... You play a rogue?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast