+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my Healing healer build for upcomming beta

Shadowlander

Default my Healing healer build for upcomming beta

hey guys, I LOVE reading these perspective builds while at work, and after this past weekend's beta I have pretty much decided that I want to go cleric, with a strong emphasis on healing.

so here is my build

at first I thought about going with a justicar instead of druid, but I really like having the fairy to fill in the gaps.

I am also planning on playing around with it for a secondary build, if i get stuck soloing.

please give me your comments/opinions. I still like the purifier a lot, but i just feel like its a little too much with that and sent together ability-wise. but maybe not.

Shadowlander

bump, even its a ******ed build, let me know... I would love some feedback!

Shadowlander

Default mana?

Thats an ok build but what are you going to do about mana regen until you get refreshing communion at the top of the sent tree? Your going to need mana regen for long boss fights way before you get RC. I would suggest replacing druid with IN for aggressive renewal. Its the best option for mana regen in the early game. Other than that, I would change some of the points in your warden tree, but thats just personal prefrence.

Telaran

I was thinking about having this as my pure healing build for next Beta phase.

This build has 1 point left, which im not sure about. Either [Latent Blaze] in Purifier, or [Orbs of the Stream] in Warden... that might be a personal pref or encounter based choise.

Hey man! While I am not an expert, few of us would be considered to be, I would say this looks pretty good!

This looks to be a pretty good AOE healing build for 5 mans and fairly good for a raid. If you went to the bottom of the sent tree you would be an AOE raid healing beast but then of course you lose out on some other stuff you have in soul 1, 2.

The druid tree looks nice as it will give you a support pet. The point in Slumber I would/may remove if this is a raid healer as would probably only be healing and not providing CC. For a 5 man its quite viable. If this is a raid healer you could even back out to 5 points, only keeping endurance and still be able to summon a fae. The points spent on offense I would put elsewhere.

The warden tree looks pretty good. I would maybe try to figure out how to get 5/5 in fluidity as its pretty powerful. I would may move the points from resto tide to eb and flow. You are getting shield of oak over in druid so this may help justify moving out of resto tide.

I would try to get more points into sent.

If it were a 10/20 man raid build I may go w/

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...17,5_&lang=eng

I would possibly go crazy heal mode with http://rifts.ru/tallents/index.html#...16,5_&lang=eng
    Last edited by Chaddada; 01-13-2011 at 06:33 AM.

Shadowlander

awesome, thanks for the feedback guys, it will give me some food for thought this afternoon!

Personally would not use a druid in a pure healing build. If you see you have the need of dps it takes a few seconds to switch to your dps build.

My planned pure Healing build looks something like this right now but I am still undecided really..specially so since due to level cap I cannot test which abilities stack and which don't (from the higher ups)
    Last edited by Sheilina; 01-13-2011 at 09:00 AM.
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

Shadowlander

hmm interesting.. I'm not 100% sure if i agree with you on the druid thing, I really liked having the fairy there to augment my heals, really my mana never dipped group healing because of it (granted, that was only to lvl 22) but I can see it being a potential problem in a long raid boss fight.

I also tweaked my original build a little bit to THIS
    I like what chadd said about the fluidity. I'm still not seeing why the Resto isnt better than ebb and flow, or maybe im not understanding the abilities correctly?
    Last edited by B-R-A-E-D-O; 01-13-2011 at 09:46 AM.

I'd take 2 points out of Forest Blessing and put it in Spirit of the Hunter ... or scrap Druid completely. A dip in Purifier nets you more, imo.

Shadowlander

one more question, if anyone knows... I saw a couple vids where the healing and dmg numbers that float about had what spell was causing them, is there a way to enable that?? I only get the numbers and it would be nice to have that

It's in the Interface options under "something Text", you can show ability icons, names and abbreviated names.

Quote Originally Posted by B-R-A-E-D-O View Post
    hmm interesting.. I'm not 100% sure if i agree with you on the druid thing, I really liked having the fairy there to augment my heals, really my mana never dipped group healing because of it (granted, that was only to lvl 22) but I can see it being a potential problem in a long raid boss fight.

I also tweaked my original build a little bit to THIS
    I like what chadd said about the fluidity. I'm still not seeing why the Resto isnt better than ebb and flow, or maybe im not understanding the abilities correctly?
    personally I think that is personnel preference. But the dif between ebb and flow and resto is resto is a self heal while ebb and flow increases your wisdom at each time you cast a heal stacking up to 5 times and lasts for 15 seconds...hince increasing your mana to cast more heals.
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

Shadowlander

well if i removed forest blessing, it would negate the reason for having druid in the first place. So yah, if i was going to do that then i would scrap the druid completly. but then again, if the fairy isnt cutting it int he next couple betas, I will probably switch out to puri prob.

+ Reply to Thread