+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beta 5 Rogue Test!

Default Beta 5 Rogue Test!

I am going to take a Rogue to lvl 27 in Beta 5. Tested a little bit in this arctype in the other betas but never got the feeling for it.

Here is what I was thinking: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...2218,5_2219,5_

That of course would be a final build to lvl 50.

And whats that for? PVE , PVP, both?

It is a good build, looks like the typical Rogue. Much more typical then lets say mixing assassin with nightblade or riftstalker...

Only bad thing from a PvP point of view is that you got no Anti-CC and lacks an healing debuff.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 01-12-2011 at 12:59 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

This would be pure DPS old fashioned Rogue. No healing deduff but it has Stuns and silences. Has anyone tested Blinding Powder?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbrand View Post
    This would be pure DPS old fashioned Rogue. No healing deduff but it has Stuns and silences. Has anyone tested Blinding Powder?
    It CC your target for 10sec, any damage will free the victim

what silence were you talking about btw? A single stun isnt going to let you kill Healers, especially when most pvpin healing clerics will run around with anti-ccs.
    Last edited by Atreiu; 01-12-2011 at 01:08 PM.

<Anotherguy>
    Rogue - cloudbourne
    Prestige Rank 6

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbrand View Post
    I am going to take a Rogue to lvl 27 in Beta 5. Tested a little bit in this arctype in the other betas but never got the feeling for it.

Here is what I was thinking: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...2218,5_2219,5_

That of course would be a final build to lvl 50.
    i can tell you what u should try out .. Ranger as a main soul then marksman and saboteur. i had a chance to try this in beta 4 and gotta say i loved it .. marksmans and rangers damage is good and plus u get a pet which takes the aggro off yourself even in pvp, because it switches your enemys target over to pet. and saboteur has some reeeeealy awesome crowdcontroll abilities and really helps u alot plus very nice AOE skills.

but heres some specks for you to try out.

DPS rouge:
    Ranger
    marksman
    saboteur
    and later on infiltrator (pvp soul)

Sneaky Rouge
    Ranger
    marksman
    assassin
    and later on switch marksman or ranger for infiltrator

Porting Rouge
    ranger
    assasin
    riftstalker
    later on replace assasin for infiltrator

well theres tons of combos to try out but i'd prefare these 3 combinations + all do good damage aswell.
    Last edited by evool; 01-12-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreiu View Post
    It CC your target for 10sec, any damage will free the victim

what silence were you talking about btw? A single stun isnt going to let you kill Healers, especially when most pvpin healing clerics will run around with anti-ccs.
    Weapon Barrage...This is a build for lvl 50. Lower levels I will have to see how well it works with the poisons.

Quote Originally Posted by evool View Post
    i can tell you what u should try out .. Ranger as a main soul then marksman and saboteur. i had a chance to try this in beta 4 and gotta say i loved it .. marksmans and rangers damage is good and plus u get a pet which takes the aggro off yourself even in pvp, because it switches your enemys target over to pet. and saboteur has some reeeeealy awesome crowdcontroll abilities and really helps u alot plus very nice AOE skills.
    Already did this once. I am not a archer ranged type player, it is op however. Detonate with marksman is OP!

What do you guys think of this build?
    Last edited by Euthanasia; 01-12-2011 at 02:37 PM.

Plane Touched

just noticed that that soul planner site... is using old data... for at least the Warrior Riftblade soul... makes me wonder if other things in it are outdated too

It would make more sense to take a rogue to 30 in beta 5

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    It would make more sense to take a rogue to 30 in beta 5

Indeed. Why stop 3 levels shy of the max?

Ranger is the easiest to level, that's all I'll say.
    Quiz Whiz
    Conviction
    www.congaming.com

If your truely interested in the rogue class, you should prob be testing melee rogues and providing feeding instead of just rolling marks/rangers and ganking in black garden all day

We all know the ranged rogue souls are imbalanced right now, the melee souls are in trouble and need constructive feedback. Serious problems like assassin soul being used to turn 0 point souls into overpowered classes, like 27 Sin/0 Ranger/0 Marks...

Assassin has far too much passive bonuses, its actually possible to spend 31 points all the way to the "vanish" skill without spending a single point in melee attacks and then grabbing any ranged soul for a basic ranged builder and finisher and destroying everything. Needs to be addressed, Assassin is a melee soul but provides the biggest dps boost of all souls including ranged??
    Last edited by Khrux; 01-12-2011 at 05:27 PM.

My planned build for release: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...2218,4_2219,5_

Only diff in bladedancer build, take one point out of that initial dodge talent and put it in the guaranteed 4 sec stun. And my assassin build just swapped the Poison Potency for Serrated Blades.

Not really sure which will have more dps, Poison Potency for Serrated, but my "guess" is Serrated Blades

edit: meh, my final build http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14031925/rif...2218,3_2219,5_ As you can tell, not going for pvp
    Last edited by Erie; 01-12-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Soulwalker

i like the way this looks o.O
    http://rift-planner.com/?archetype=2...nts=0&lang=eng

Nightstalkers look so cool with the elmenetal damage / get the passive buffs from assasin and the free pet from ranger.
    what you guys think?

+ Reply to Thread