+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The buff/nerf merry go round, Trions plan to maintain subs

Quote Originally Posted by gabbaE View Post
    That is exactly the reason why i unsubed.

So it didnt work on me :P
    doesn't work on everyone obviously.

What IS interesting is that addiction of MMOs is apparent even within those who do (rage) quit. Look at any MMO forum you'll see a host of ex players who regulary keep posting (often more often than actual players).

There is also a healthy population who are forever quitting a game and telling people about it, a bit like a cheesy neverending closing-down sale you can find on any highstreet.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Ascendant

I am a moron because I find the game becoming less fun for me and I decide to unsub till things look better or buy a different game?

Seems sensible to me.

Paying money for a product your not enjoying is what seems foolish or moronic to me.

I really can not see many of the people who pvp wanting to continue on this FOTM merrygoround.
    Last edited by Sonic Rain Boom; 10-01-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Rude

Meh, idc what the fotm is. Just keep enjoying the game and soon your spec will be fotm and everyone else will cry. And the cycle repeats.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeth View Post
    " consistent product" is missing the "where my class is OP" part.

I don't even need to check your post history to see what you're a FOTM warrior crying about not being 2 button godmode anymore.
    and you're probably a cleric, mage or rogue who has more than 1 choice in PVP. Don't get pissed at the players for being pigeon holed into 1 spec get pissed at the game. I bet if I checked your post history its filled with "I suck nerf warriors" posts... amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Belbe View Post
    pls qq's of other classes grow eyes when your mages and clerics do 800k+ sometimes a million dps in port with top kb's and have been top of the charts for months now ty warriors just keep getting short changed and trion is just stupid

Ok first a lot of warriors say mass dps does not matter itís the kill. Now they complain because they canít do massive dps, yet still killing in droves. Thus, since I read that statement, I started to pay attention and boy was I surprise. Warriors were doing on average 50 personal kills per warfront. There are some high strikes with 75 to 80. Yet there dps was also high. So it was confusing.

See rogue dps was a lot lower and only average out 20 to 25 personal skills. The mage doing allot of dps was only averaging 15 personal kills. Clerics that were dps were doing around 12. Thus what really matters? Yeah you can do insane dps. That is because people refuse to spread out in warfront. It is really not that hard

Second if any one thinks that Trion is spending a absurd amount of time looking into the data. If not why say they were fine with warriors and then change some things. Things that no one was complaining about and yet actually did those changes. That speaks volume to that they are watching and doing there best too actually address unfair advantages.

This shear amount of time is with the focus of trying to make a large portion of all players happy. They know no matter what the do, not everyone happy. That what funny. Now one person realizes that they do monitor the data. They just have you in mind to actually balance things around you. But instead for all people they are targeting.

The only problem I see is they do quick rush when a problem is found. In reality they need to run simulation for a week to see it actually works. That equal to over 7 months of testing. Yet it does not seem they use this easy and inexpensive technology. Thus, think of the game of many people paying and no one likes to die.

BTW has anyone notice how all this negativity is hurting Trion. I went to play a new toon on high server. I hit (/Who) on and only had two people in starting area. People who think of buying the game do read these forms and seeing all this negativity decide not to play. That killed a lot of mmo and will this game if people donít stand back and let it grow. Next time try to point out whatís wrong and how to fix. You get more attention if you donít come off as a raven lunatic.

PEACE OUT

Quote Originally Posted by youkiddingme View Post
    Ok first a lot of warriors say mass dps does not matter itís the kill. Now they complain because they canít do massive dps, yet still killing in droves. Thus, since I read that statement, I started to pay attention and boy was I surprise. Warriors were doing on average 50 personal kills per warfront. There are some high strikes with 75 to 80. Yet there dps was also high. So it was confusing.

See rogue dps was a lot lower and only average out 20 to 25 personal skills. The mage doing allot of dps was only averaging 15 personal kills. Clerics that were dps were doing around 12. Thus what really matters? Yeah you can do insane dps. That is because people refuse to spread out in warfront. It is really not that hard

Second if any one thinks that Trion is spending a absurd amount of time looking into the data. If not why say they were fine with warriors and then change some things. Things that no one was complaining about and yet actually did those changes. That speaks volume to that they are watching and doing there best too actually address unfair advantages.

This shear amount of time is with the focus of trying to make a large portion of all players happy. They know no matter what the do, not everyone happy. That what funny. Now one person realizes that they do monitor the data. They just have you in mind to actually balance things around you. But instead for all people they are targeting.

The only problem I see is they do quick rush when a problem is found. In reality they need to run simulation for a week to see it actually works. That equal to over 7 months of testing. Yet it does not seem they use this easy and inexpensive technology. Thus, think of the game of many people paying and no one likes to die.

BTW has anyone notice how all this negativity is hurting Trion. I went to play a new toon on high server. I hit (/Who) on and only had two people in starting area. People who think of buying the game do read these forms and seeing all this negativity decide not to play. That killed a lot of mmo and will this game if people donít stand back and let it grow. Next time try to point out whatís wrong and how to fix. You get more attention if you donít come off as a raven lunatic.

PEACE OUT
    Warriors are not killing in droves at all. I don't know what cluster you play on but warriors are pretty much food for every class at the moment. It is possible you are basing your argument on a bias warfront where you got stuck with low ranks against a group of duo queueing premades that are rank 8?
    It has happened and still happening now.

Warriors are not any where near as powerful as they were. Trion covered it with all the nerfs..took out spike damage and even said "hey lets go and nerf subdue specs too." And lets go ahead and make them all roll on leather pvp gear to get enough crit to continuously attack. But wait lets give mage a dominator spec to counter that...muhhaaha..
    Let these foolish leather wearing pvp warriors not get crit through str so they can't use valor essences. Lets give them no way to use physical damage spec and pin hole them into rb but, wait lets make mages so powerful that they need to go in vK to get some immunity. But wait, wait, wait., lest forcre them to go in VK at least 32 points so they cant be effective against them and lets go ahead and take all the burst away from vk so they cant use burst abilities off their low elemental attacks attacks. Oh but hey trion you forgot about shields they are so OP!!! No worries little lad we have hit for ya right here in this gem and we even gave you some low skills that can peirce through 25%-35% of their armor =). Be happy little lad, be happy. We are destroying warriors just for you guys =)

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Warriors are not killing in droves at all. I don't know what cluster you play on but warriors are pretty much food for every class at the moment. It is possible you are basing your argument on a bias warfront where you got stuck with low ranks against a group of duo queueing premades that are rank 8?
    It has happened and still happening now.

Warriors are not any where near as powerful as they were. Trion covered it with all the nerfs..took out spike damage and even said "hey lets go and nerf subdue specs too." And lets go ahead and make them all roll on leather pvp gear to get enough crit to continuously attack. But wait lets give mage a dominator spec to counter that...muhhaaha..
    Let these foolish leather wearing pvp warriors not get crit through str so they can't use valor essences. Lets give them no way to use physical damage spec and pin hole them into rb but, wait lets make mages so powerful that they need to go in vK to get some immunity. But wait, wait, wait., lest forcre them to go in VK at least 32 points so they cant be effective against them and lets go ahead and take all the burst away from vk so they cant use burst abilities off their low elemental attacks attacks. Oh but hey trion you forgot about shields they are so OP!!! No worries little lad we have hit for ya right here in this gem and we even gave you some low skills that can peirce through 25%-35% of their armor =). Be happy little lad, be happy. We are destroying warriors just for you guys =)
    Ok I usually play in the late hours of night on eastern side (2 am to usually 8 am) for warfronts. It the best time actually gets good even matches. The other times of the day itís just too uneven. Its one side or the other that get face rolled.

This consistence and even matches also allow a person to get a better view of whatís going on and how the system works. This allows me to pull the data and see what works. That how I get the average kills.

Now for second part, yes the leather issue is pretty bad. In looking at the amour I went full plate and used rogues trinkets and rings. This one did really good but lacks something. With runes focusing on critical hits help, but still lack on some things.

Since at that time I was only r2, it allowed me to by leather set (only boots, shoulder and belt). Now with the leather set I see critical hits were good. But I lost a lot in the way of survivability. The warrior soul tree survivability revolves around plate and not so much tree. That had me set back and sees how to maximize critical hits as most dps builds required it for hit and keep a good portion of gear.

That is how I over came the problem for me. I use only two leather pieces. Just enough to get critical hits up. Yet not enough to lose amour to lose survivability issue and still do good chain attacks. Till Trion changes some aspect of the trees to have more survivability in them or fix plate issue this is best of both worlds.

Now the issue with the lost of tank threats pulls and gcd. I do see that Trion could fix this aspect. They did it to off balance the other changes. But instead stop other changes but keep the nerfs.

If a player could write a detail list of nerfs and how each one affects their burst. It is a good chance that Trion would listen. But the paper for lack of a better term, must be precise and without any illogical or rant in it for Trion to actually lesson to the argument.

Yet, I donít see that happening for the most part. As the current mentality on forums is rather bland and hostile to everyone who even tries to post a whine or a logical argument. They see if you threw enough temper tantrums then you will get your way. Which make work for parentsí, but I donít see it working for a company. But hey I could be wrong.

The way I see it just allow strength to give critical hit chance. That why warriors can be gods again and then we can go back to some other matters. The game will die. But hey they are happy sitting in fire. Then they too will go on to a new game. Which make no sense as they got the entire list wanted and not Trion fault that only warriors play. Arion did this and died. But hey those people got their way, why should they stay in sinking boat.Just my opinions as I see and read that warrior refuse to actually try to play. Me I do ry to find something to help my dps and adjust to taht new spec, but I guess I am to old for this generation.

So good luck

I suggested this a couple patches ago and most replies stated that only fair class balance will keep people subscribed.
    I'm not so sure, this is either a huge coincidence or dev are literally making a new fotm every patch on purpose.
    Clerics are next in line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2