+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Not liking the mentality that you MUST have a pvp soul to compete in pvp.

Rift Disciple

Default Not liking the mentality that you MUST have a pvp soul to compete in pvp.

In my opinion the existence of pvp souls and the mentality that you must have one to compete properly in pvp just takes away from the diversity of the game. Just remove the pvp souls, or this will fast become a problem.

In my opinion, the PvP souls aren't that overbearing. They're PvP supportive, they aren't the core of your abilities.

Yet another thread.

1) Almost everything you can do in PvP souls you can do with other souls except it works in PvE as well.
    2) You will not be able to use PvP souls effectively until max level and several PvP ranks.
    3) PvP are far from an "I Win!" button.
    4) IF and it is a big if PvP souls are imbalanced the dev team have already proven they will make changes to bring it in line with other souls.
    5) Everything but the first 5 ranks have not been tested in beta so it is pure speculation how much impact these souls will have on PvP.

This topic has been beaten to death already. Trion is not removing the souls so get use to them or move on to another game.
    Of By For

Click on the banner and join us today!

Shadowlander

PvP souls are a way of balancing PvP without destroying all the normal souls. I think it's a great idea and we will probably see a lot of changes to these souls as time goes by.

Pvp souls come into play at level 50. Untill then you can only put 10 points into it. And by all means you don't need a pvp soul to do pvp. I never used it even though I got it. My instant has more value then the skills I would get from the pvp soul. But that's my opinion on the matter.
    Jazebel - Admin - Revolution gaming recruiting: Recruitment thread - Revolution Gaming
    {} CPU: i7 920 @4.1Ghz {} GFX: Radeon HD 5970 Dirt 2 Edition 2048 MB {} RAM: 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT {} HDD: Intel SSD X-25M Postville {} MOBO: Asus Rampage II Extreme{} Screen: 27" Samsung Syncmaster P2770 {}

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nevron View Post
    In my opinion, the PvP souls aren't that overbearing. They're PvP supportive, they aren't the core of your abilities.
    Indeed.

I was against PvP souls first, but after seeing them it's evident they're nothing more than PvP ability rewards, like in WAR or DAoC.

Many souls have no need of pvp souls to compete. Some of them dip into the pvp souls to help balance themselves out.

This issue has been discussed far too much already.

I've never used a pvp soul, and have never felt like I needed to. I'm happy with my pvp performance.

Ascendant

The only PvP soul I could see someone really needing is the Warrior one since it brings Guard to help protect squishies.

Also, how in the world do you get your PvP soul anyways? Same ways as the quests in the capital city? Because I couldn't find it if so.

Quote Originally Posted by DocInternet View Post
    PvP souls are a way of balancing PvP without destroying all the normal souls. I think it's a great idea and we will probably see a lot of changes to these souls as time goes by.
    THIS! THIS! THIS!

No more nerfing of great PvE abilities because some found a PvP exploit. If anything they should just add more PvP souls and keep the two soul sets totally separate.

I've no problem with people wanting to PvP. There are people out there that like it. That's cool. But don't change everyone's PvE game around a few people's battleground playtime. PvP souls 4tw.
    Are you clueless? Is this your first day on forums? Do you have trouble reading sentences? Then this guide to soul selection is for you!
    For raw and uncensored rift foruming action go to: http://www.riftflames.com

Ascendant

I dont see anything in the warrior pvp tree worth speccing into and replacing my planned paragon/champ/riftblade build. Virtually nothing in the cleric pvp tree supports an offensive cleric. I only really see the rougue types as maybe speccing into the pvp tree.

Rift Chaser

Where does it even say you HAVE to have pvp soul to compete? It's optional, you can do fine without it if you know what you're doing...

Quote Originally Posted by jaym7018 View Post
    I dont see anything in the warrior pvp tree worth speccing into and replacing my planned paragon/champ/riftblade build. Virtually nothing in the cleric pvp tree supports an offensive cleric. I only really see the rougue types as maybe speccing into the pvp tree.
    I actually like the root abilities in the warrior pvp soul. Coming from WAR, I can vouche for Guard's usefulness, and the leap/stun looks like it may be fun. Granted, I haven't gotten into the beta and tested any of it yet but I've grown to love Guard in WAR's rvr. Absolutely necessary to compete in pvp? I seriously doubt it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Doomcreaux View Post
    I actually like the root abilities in the warrior pvp soul. Coming from WAR, I can vouche for Guard's usefulness, and the leap/stun looks like it may be fun. Granted, I haven't gotten into the beta and tested any of it yet but I've grown to love Guard in WAR's rvr. Absolutely necessary to compete in pvp? I seriously doubt it.
    The champion tree has a leap and stun on a shorter CD and you dont have to be CCd to use it and it has a root albeit not like champs challenge from WAR. And yes guard was awesome in War but it seems guard will have a 1 min CD meaning its a fire and forget ability it was awesome in war cause you could switch it on the fly to anyone taking damage you cant do that here.i played WAR from beta to about 2 weeks ago and my build has all the tools that help the most in pvp all without speccing into the pvp tree.
    Last edited by jaym7018; 01-12-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Calling it now, at least half the Rift population will never use their pvp soul because it is not needed for many many soul combos in pvp.

Rogues pvp soul is prob the only one that even comes close to mandatory, but you can still get alot of survival and utility with wise point spending in a normal soul combo.

The one Pvp soul that you can say is a must in group pvp is the warrior pvp soul vindicator only because of the guard ability to absorb some of the damage against an ally. If am not playing tank role in pvp i seriously doubt i will use vindicator on my warrior am sure there will be cases that i will use it with my dps build.
    My Guide on how to use a controller to play Rift. Here
    <Banished>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast