+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 46
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Trion hasn't got a clue on how to balance their game

  1. #31
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post

    I see Trion balancing the game the same way that Warhammer Online did it. WH made wild over the top buffs and nerfs to various classes until all the bottom feeders (warfront fodder) simply stopped playing. The game wound up dying off so bad that by the time Aion came out 75-85% of their players had left.

    Hartsman really needs to take a look at how much better balanced the classes in Warhammer are now than when Gersh was in charge, and the solution is pretty simple... remove Gersh.

  2. #32
    Rift Chaser Drude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    386

    Default

    As an R8 warrior, I can only laugh at this point at the 1.5 debacle. Warrior with full R7-R8 gear with over 9K HPs and a 93% physical damage mitigation gets killed by a slip away scrub. Really? That is the new picture that Trion is painting for us. It is absolute garbage. You don't steal from peter to pay paul. In this case, that is what happened. The whiners were given a buff. Warriors are still lethal but only at R5 and above. How about this? You can let the scrub rogues keep the DPS charity boost but just take slip away back. Why should a rogue get to "slip away" from a situation that that clearly lost the fight? Rogues will reply since they have been butt hurt for 6 months but I am right. This update in PVP is absolute garbage for EVERY other class. It pains me to say this but mages need a buff more than the rogues. The problem with rogues isn't the class. It's the person at the keyboard.
    Last edited by Drude; 09-29-2011 at 08:23 PM.

  3. #33
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    222

    Default learn to play.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    I am that Kaelani... and you know what I'm talking about, Satiar.
    Rogues are now the Rift version of RoM's Scout/Rogues.

    They can walk around stealthed, release incredible burst damage whether Ranged or Melee, they can spam buff purges with no cooldowns, and if something does happen to survive more than 2 seconds against them, they can break out of any combat situation and instantly disappear.

    But, of course, this is what Trion calls balance.
    In RoM's case, it was game-breaking, and led to a mass exodus.
    In Warhammer's case, it was Gersh's undying love for his precious Bright Wizards that ruined the game.

    Buffing one class up to the strongest existing class means that there's twice as many OPed players.
    This isn't balance... it's giving into forum whiners.
    Clerics have had their healing effectiveness nerfed 4 patches in a row, and we've had no dps buffs to speak of.
    Watch the number of "green names" in warfronts get fewer and fewer.
    Keep track... count them in your warfronts as the month rolls on.

    I hope the idiot trolls who responded with the predictable L2P or Hahahaha comments realize that the healers on YOUR team feel much the same way as I do.
    Go ahead and ask them. I also hope some of you DPS monsters feel like switching to Bard, because that's the only heals you'll see by next week.
    I'd bet that when the Bards see the smaller parses, their e-peens will shrink, and you'll all be entirely healer-free.
    (which is just what you've been lobbying for.)
    Enjoy your FPS, folks.
    -
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clerics and mages have been top damage most of the times. They did buff clerics about 1 month ago. I can speak because I have a cleric also. Many times got top dps in scion with 400k healing done also at the same time. You can say well you just did this or that. Well , learn to play. If you want numbers play the correct spec.

  4. #34
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    307

    Default

    • excessive sensitivity to setbacks and rebuffs;
    • tendency to bear grudges persistently, i.e. refusal to forgive insults and injuries or slights;
    • suspiciousness and a pervasive tendency to distort experience by misconstruing the neutral or friendly actions of others as hostile or contemptuous;
    • a combative and tenacious sense of personal rights out of keeping with the actual situation;
    • tendency to experience excessive self-importance, manifest in a persistent self-referential attitude;
    • preoccupation with unsubstantiated "conspiratorial" explanations of events both immediate to the person and in the world at large.


    Guess what two things this describes...

  5. #35
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    As an R8 warrior, I can only laugh at this point at the 1.5 debacle. Warrior with full R7-R8 gear with over 9K HPs and a 93% physical damage mitigation gets killed by a slip away scrub. Really? That is the new picture that Trion is painting for us. It is absolute garbage. You don't steal from peter to pay paul. In this case, that is what happened. The whiners were given a buff. Warriors are still lethal but only at R5 and above. How about this? You can let the scrub rogues keep the DPS charity boost but just take slip away back. Why should a rogue get to "slip away" from a situation that that clearly lost the fight? Rogues will reply since they have been butt hurt for 6 months but I am right. This update in PVP is absolute garbage for EVERY other class. It pains me to say this but mages need a buff more than the rogues. The problem with rogues isn't the class. It's the person at the keyboard.
    If I may borrow your words, sir.


    Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    That is pretty much laughable. Actually, that is really laughable. Thanks for that.

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,280

    Default

    Rogues are not overpowered... people are just used to them being crap in PvP for the most part. All the Rogue PvPers had to deal with being crap all these months that they had to get better skilled at being underpowered to be competitive. Now their damage is on par to Warriors that you guys think they are OP cause you never had to deal with a Rogue actually doing damage.

    Quit your b!tching cause Rogues are on par with Warriors now and you cant fkin handle it.

  7. #37
    Rift Chaser Sorreah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    As an R8 warrior, I can only laugh at this point at the 1.5 debacle. Warrior with full R7-R8 gear with over 9K HPs and a 93% physical damage mitigation gets killed by a slip away scrub. Really? That is the new picture that Trion is painting for us. It is absolute garbage. You don't steal from peter to pay paul. In this case, that is what happened. The whiners were given a buff. Warriors are still lethal but only at R5 and above. How about this? You can let the scrub rogues keep the DPS charity boost but just take slip away back. Why should a rogue get to "slip away" from a situation that that clearly lost the fight? Rogues will reply since they have been butt hurt for 6 months but I am right. This update in PVP is absolute garbage for EVERY other class. It pains me to say this but mages need a buff more than the rogues. The problem with rogues isn't the class. It's the person at the keyboard.
    Sure, you can take Slip Away from us. We'll take away some of your offensive abilities too. We can start with Planar Blade. Since slip away is almost a completely offensive CD now, no immunity, it is a pretty fair trade. Also, we will take Touch of Life as well. You already lost the fight so you won't need a full non-debuffable heal to try again.

    I will reiterate what you feel only applies to rogues for some reason. The problem with warriors/clerics/mages is not the class. It is you behind the keyboard. Learn to play.
    Last edited by Sorreah; 09-29-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

  8. #38
    Prophet of Telara Havors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindicit View Post
    Rogues are not overpowered... people are just used to them being crap in PvP for the most part. All the Rogue PvPers had to deal with being crap all these months that they had to get better skilled at being underpowered to be competitive. Now their damage is on par to Warriors that you guys think they are OP cause you never had to deal with a Rogue actually doing damage.

    Quit your b!tching cause Rogues are on par with Warriors now and you cant fkin handle it.
    Your kidding right? Have you played since the patch??

    A rogue is now a warrior that can also stealth and slip away.... The rogues in our guild are laughing their **** off. They are saying that they are going through some WF without dying once and killing loads. The BD Night Rift hybrid spec is unkillable they reckon.... They say they have a million cooldowns to and cant lose a 1v1.... thats straight from the horses mouth!

    The changes are brilliant from a PvE perspective but in PvP its just going to make a lot of player quit or re-roll.

    This is not the way to balance a game. Over Buff, Nerf, Over Buff, Nerf, Over Buff, Nerf.... and on and on.
    World First - Cyril Kalmar Kill
    eXile-Corp 11/11 HK - 8/8 ID - 4/4 FT - 5/5 EE

  9. #39
    Rift Master youkiddingme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelani View Post
    Unbelievable.

    Now that Rogues have been over-buffed, warfronts are stupid once again.
    And don't give me that "wait 7 days", or "we had it coming" bullcrap.

    I heard two of the Rogues in our guild's ventrilo basically wetting themselves over how ridiculously overpowered these new buffs have made them.

    R1: "Dude! I just took on a group of like 8 guys, and they just melted."
    R2: "I got 28 killing blows in this Port (Scion), and I got 30 in the last one."
    R1: "I can't believe this... they'll have to nerf this. It's ridiculous"
    R2: "At the very least, they'll have to add a cooldown to Eradicate.
    R2: "There's no cooldown... you can spam it on a Mage, and there's nothing they can do."
    R2: "I love taking on a Mage, stripping off every buff... they die super quick."
    Me: "I can't survive more than a couple of seconds, once I'm spotted."
    (Note: Level 50 healing Cleric with blend of HK gear, relic healing staff, and R4-5 Valor gear.)
    Me: "Heals can't do anything about one-shots, and I feel so useless out there tonight."
    Me: "All I can do is go Inquisicar... I hide and do ranged AoE... but as soon as I'm spotted, I'm dead."
    Me: "What are you guys gonna do when Clerics simply stop going to warfronts and healing?"
    R1: "They buffed Bards, too..."
    R2: "Bards are awesome now."

    I see Trion balancing the game the same way that Warhammer Online did it. WH made wild over the top buffs and nerfs to various classes until all the bottom feeders (warfront fodder) simply stopped playing. The game wound up dying off so bad that by the time Aion came out 75-85% of their players had left.

    The only people posting on these forums that Clerics are overpowered have been DPS classes who feel they should be able to kill absolutely anyone 1v1... of course, Clerics aren't anywhere close to having the kind of explosive burst dps that every other class now has. After all, they're healers, right?

    Cleric healing is completely pointless now. You can't heal a one-shot.

    Enjoy your FPS mode warfronts, folks.
    No teamwork needed. No healers needed. No skill needed.
    Just mash your tab key and your one-button macros, and see who can get moar bignums.
    ...and in case you were wondering... yes, I AM mad, bro.

    Hmmmm,

    I have to say you are wrong. The last patch has come really close to balancing warfronts. Only a minor tune up on mages and clerics and it will be fine.

    They fact is clerics can kill and survive at low levels it called staying in group. I use a mix of shaman, justicar and templar or inquisitor. It depends on the zone. If you want to go hard to kill mode go 26 justicar and 32 wardens. The rest put were you want. I will guarantee you will not die.

    My dps in that spec with a t2 weapon is around 650. That is really not bad for the gear we have to use. If itís hard then I go heals for warden is good and average around 72k. So what wrong with you?

    Why are you dying? It seems that you might want to reflect on past battles. Correct any failures you find. But you have to be honest with yourself. That way you can find the mistake. Just take the time to actually see what wrong and how you can fix it.

    To blame others and a game for the lack of survival skills is wrong. With even valor, it made pvp much easier. I still die, but not by much.

    So I say good luck to you. Next time post whatís actually happening. That why we can help you, Instead wonder if its just more whines.

  10. #40
    Champion of Telara Morituri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Now

    you

    know

    how

    rogues

    felt

    for

    6

    months!

  11. #41
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    The problem with rogues isn't the class. It's the person at the keyboard.
    Yup you must be right, all rogues completely suck at the game. Also, everyone who rolled warrior is obviously a very skilled player right from the beginning and that is why warriors dominate WFs, not because they are OP, not because they have the best dps, not because they have the best mitigation, but because they are all skilled players right??

    Typical warrior mindset. OMG an r8 assassin can blow his CDs and kill me now?? WTF NERF!!!

  12. #42
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drude View Post
    The problem with rogues isn't the class. It's the person at the keyboard.
    Yup you must be right, all rogues completely suck at the game. Also, everyone who rolled warrior is obviously a very skilled player right from the beginning and that is why warriors dominate WFs, not because they are OP, not because they have the best dps, not because they have the best mitigation, but because they are all skilled players right??

    Typical warrior mindset. OMG an r8 assassin can blow his CDs and has a chance to kill me now?? WTF NERF!!!

  13. #43
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saos View Post
    Typical warrior mindset. OMG an r8 assassin can blow his CDs and has a chance to kill me now?? WTF NERF!!!
    Typical Rogue mindset.. OMG this r8 cleric can survive me attacking him my healing himself.. How dare he neutralize my damage,, I have no chance to kill him while he waterjets me when i go into tunnel vision and just try to dps him down without thinking strategically and cutting my losses. NERF NERF..
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

  14. #44
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Typical Rogue mindset.. OMG this r8 cleric can survive me attacking him my healing himself.. How dare he neutralize my damage,, I have no chance to kill him while he waterjets me when i go into tunnel vision and just try to dps him down without thinking strategically and cutting my losses. NERF NERF..
    Wtf are you talking about? What rogues are complaining about rank 8 clerics and that they need nerfed? please link one recent example.. The last 100 QQ threads have been other classes *****ing about rogues.
    Last edited by saos; 09-30-2011 at 07:25 AM.

  15. #45
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,471

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saos View Post
    Wtf are you talking about? What rogues are complaining about rank 8 clerics and that they need nerfed? please link one recent example.. The last 100 QQ threads have been other classes *****ing about rogues.
    They complain about clerics in general, regardless of rank.. And note my response was sarcasm used to illustrate how rogues somehow assume that anybody they cannot kill is overpowered..

    And basically the leeching healing debuff is a nerf to clerics/healers
    Last edited by LordOberon; 09-30-2011 at 07:28 AM.
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts