+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bladedancer and Riftstalker question

Default Bladedancer and Riftstalker question

Rift Scavenger + Combat Culmination

How do these two interact? I'm also curious how Planar Shift works with either of them. It seems that all three do stuff with combo points that are leftover when a target dies, so how do they work together?

Rift Scavenger gives you a % of your max HP per combo point when a mob dies.

Combat Culmination gives you 5 energy per combo point when a mob dies.

Planar Switch (I'm assuming is what you're talking about) transfer combo points from one mob to another; not when they die, but when you click the other mob and apply Planar Switch.

So to summarize: Kill a mob with 5 combo points and Combat Culmination and you'll receive 30% of your max health back, 25 energy. Planar Switch would only take away that advantage.
    Quiz Whiz
    Conviction
    www.congaming.com

Quote Originally Posted by quizwhiz View Post
    Rift Scavenger gives you a % of your max HP per combo point when a mob dies.

Combat Culmination gives you 5 energy per combo point when a mob dies.

Planar Switch (I'm assuming is what you're talking about) transfer combo points from one mob to another; not when they die, but when you click the other mob and apply Planar Switch.

So to summarize: Kill a mob with 5 combo points and Combat Culmination and you'll receive 30% of your max health back, 25 energy. Planar Switch would only take away that advantage.
    Sounds like you're guessing. My question wasn't what do they do, but what happens if you have both. Do you know that both trigger on mob death and not that one triggers first and the other gets zero effect? Also why have Rift Scavenger in the same tree as Planar Switch? Planer Switch is a 31 point ability, and it would seem odd to have an ability earlier in the tree which automatically makes it useless.

Shadowlander

Both abilities would activate, you would get the health and energy back.
    As for planar switch, it hasn't been tested since it requires that you hit level 31. But if you're moving the combo points from one mob to another, then I assume the mob you move the combo points from is losing them. So his combo points are reverted to 0.

If you can still apply the ability after the first mob died, and you get the full number of combo points from the dead mob, then you should get the benefits of all three? But I don't know how the skill works, so I don't know if you can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkonis View Post
    Sounds like you're guessing. My question wasn't what do they do, but what happens if you have both. Do you know that both trigger on mob death and not that one triggers first and the other gets zero effect? Also why have Rift Scavenger in the same tree as Planar Switch? Planer Switch is a 31 point ability, and it would seem odd to have an ability earlier in the tree which automatically makes it useless.
    Of course I'm guessing. It's an educated guess though. What sense would it make for only of the two abilities to work if they can both be trained? One gives health, the other gives energy... Trion isn't stupid!

Rift Scavenger is only a talent I use for PVE soloing. It helps with the downtime. For PVP, the Planar switch would help if someone is almost dead and you've got 5 points built on them and you're certain they're going to die, and along comes a caster. Bam, 5 points onto his face and he's gonna be shaking in his boots on your first attack. Also, I could see Planar switch being decent for PVE grouping, raiding etc.

Over-all though, I will not include Planar switch into a build for Riftstalker. Points are much better spent elsewhere, even if you already worked your way all the way up that tree.
    Quiz Whiz
    Conviction
    www.congaming.com

+ Reply to Thread