+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What classes do you play and why?

Default What classes do you play and why?

my self I really enjoy the rogue/assassin and healer classes.

I tanked for 3 years in WoW and honestly I am sick of getting yelled at when i do my job right and my healers suck @$$! Healing for me is the hardest job in any party of raids because it is up to you to keep your group from wiping.

Melee DPS for me i really enjoy, ranged DPS is a little to easy for me, stand there and move if needed. Melee is move a crap load and harder(IMO) to keep your DPS at a set level.

I also enjoy the pvp side of melee because i like to get personal with my enemy and pick off them when needed.
    [_]--<("<) NERF HAMMER!
    Twitch
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLs! IF THEY POST SOMETHING SIMPLY IGNORE IT

My main is a dwarf tank. I enjoy the age-old concept if the short, stout, immovable dwarf. It's like a 4 foot tall cube of iron that inevitably wears down its enemies as they bash themselves into it. It's a beautiful creature and I love it. I accomplish this as a paladin/reaver/warlord, or paladin/voidknight/warlord depending on the situation. I love tanking.

I also have a dwarf skald (I call it), a bard that sings tales of war (all about the other dwarf). I have this character to occasionally dual box with my main dwarf and to support guildies. I also enjoy playing pvp support.

Default Alts

Well, I have tried almost every combo in this game in beta and I have worked at the four I like the most (One of each calling)

They are in my signature file and I will be playing on a PVP-RP server.
    Last edited by Natjur; 01-12-2011 at 12:26 PM.

Healers because I'm damn good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenAxe View Post
    My main is a dwarf tank. I enjoy the age-old concept if the short, stout, immovable dwarf. It's like a 4 foot tall cube of iron that inevitably wears down its enemies as they bash themselves into it. It's a beautiful creature and I love it.
    I too like dwarfs and play one in a LARP. She's a cleric though. I of corse have always think warrior though when I see and think dwarfs...blame it on Lord of the Rings I guess. Anyways I had to try a Draf Warroir in wow...just had too when I first started playing there and HATED it.

Quote Originally Posted by Natjur View Post
    Well, I have tried almost every combo in this game in beta and I have worked at the four I like the most (One of each calling)

They are in my signature file and I will be playing on a PVP-RP server.
    Though like Natjar I had to try some of each class as this was beta and my first beta for Rift. So I tried another Dwarf Warrior and I loved to play her. Like the warrior in wow I played she was duel wielder. I am not much for main tanking as I like duel wielding...maybe off tank never main.

Classes I like to play Healers (cause I like to help people and heal) Melee DPS ( because I also like getting into the fight and not just standing back plucking away at them)

In my sig you can see the class combos I went for in the beta and I enjoyed each one....well I didn't get much feel for the cleric one as I didn't have much time Monday before beta shut down to play her. I just prey I get pick for the next beta...or am able to preorder before then so I can play a bit more and get better feel for all of them.

edit> oh and I am not big on PVP I play in PVE or PVE/RP
    Last edited by LadyStarlea; 01-12-2011 at 12:53 PM.
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

Usually I play a healer because there are never enough healing and this is the biggest PvP breaker in the game.
    I like the play tanks alot but really want to stay away from that in this game.
    I like Rogues AKA Assassins for PvP...Not WoW rogues either! I hope to have a good build in this game with a rogue and with the Roles I can still make a tank or healer if needed.

ive tried almost every melee DPS combo, from warrior to rogue (not cleric yet, though i may.)

so far, my favorite has been a champion with riftblade. alot of solo potential, as it can kite 'till the cows come home, and still has quite good melee DPS.

what i like most, however, is that i rarely see two characters of the same build. this is the ebst part about the class system, and i hope Trion can preserve it.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbrand View Post
    Usually I play a healer because there are never enough healing and this is the biggest PvP breaker in the game.
    I like the play tanks alot but really want to stay away from that in this game.
    I like Rogues AKA Assassins for PvP...Not WoW rogues either! I hope to have a good build in this game with a rogue and with the Roles I can still make a tank or healer if needed.
    You can kind of...Rifstalker is hands down the rogue tank soul as for healer Bard does some and only way a rogue can heal though is more in buffs and support then healing. Bards can never main heal.
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

+ Reply to Thread