+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bladedancer(rogue) is the best PVE spec?

Default Bladedancer(rogue) is the best PVE spec?

From what i have found the bladedancer/assassin/sab is the best pve spec has anyone found any other good pve specs for the rogue class?
    [_]--<("<) NERF HAMMER!
    Twitch
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLs! IF THEY POST SOMETHING SIMPLY IGNORE IT

Rift Chaser

Yes. Ranger.

by best do you mean the best dps?

From what I've seen the marksman / ranger combo seems like it does the most dps. It's tough to say though I haven't been using a parser (Trion come out with a polished parser the current ones aren't all that good )

Not to say your combo isn't good though, it's definitely got potential.

Rift Master

Melee rogues are kinda terrible.

MM is amazing, in both performance and design (clear focus, interesting abilities etc.). Ranger adds a pet for solo goodness.

If you think bladedancer is part of the best pve spec then you haven't been looking very hard. Almost any soul is better.

I tried bladedancer with a variety of second and third souls. None of them came close to Ranger or Marksman primary. My bard/marksman/ranger was superior to any combination of bladedancer in both solo and group pve.

See but i dont want to be forced into a ranger spec i hate the hunter class lol Lets hope they make the melee side of the rogue a little better.
    [_]--<("<) NERF HAMMER!
    Twitch
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLs! IF THEY POST SOMETHING SIMPLY IGNORE IT

Riftstalker/Assassin/Bladedancer and Riftstalker/Assassin/Bard are both very capable in PvE

I'd have to agree. If you plan on playing a melee rogue you're best off going with Riftstalker as your primary soul. Try to increase the dps with the others, but do as much as you can to increase survivability in Riftstalker.

A lot of people right now are complaining about assassin, bladedancer and nightblade. No one really seem to complain about Riftstalker.

if you want pure melee dmg assassin/bard/sab. give some pretty nice +dmg mods

15% dex from sab (plus an aoe slow), +attack buff from bard (0 point ability), with all the crits from the assassin tree is nice. more of a 1v1 soul though.

assass/ranger/sab is nice too. ranger has a pet and a decent attack buff. i can handle a couple mobs at once with this build.

i havent played riftstalker since beta one and didnt really put many points into it, but ive been told its fun to mess around wiht.

Telaran

Riftstalker makes a great tank, but it's one of the worst solo rogues for PvE imo. The other souls kill much quicker or have better recovery (I only kept the same spec so I could practice my rotations).

It's really not that bad solo if you spec for it. 39% heal after every kill is pretty delicious.
    Coil - Regulos

I( really don't care what is considered best. But I had fun and did just fine PVE with my Bladedancer/nightblade/riftstalker
    Beta Server Beryl Now Live Server Shadefallen Guild: NCIS - New Chaos Inc. Society NCIS.Guildlaunch.com
    Barashi Kalari dual roll tank Reaver/Pally/Void knight and Pally/Void Knight/Warlord DPS Roll Para/Champ/Riftblade Professions: Miner/Butcher/Armorsmith
    Kyari Kalari Sentinel/Warren/Purifier Professions: Butcher/Forager/Alchemist
    Hakumei Eth Bladedancer/Bard/Riftstalker Miner/Forager/Artificer

3 points in Rift Scavenger are pretty nice for Riftstalker. 30% heal when you kill a mob if you leave some points on it.

I have a Marksman(12)-Ranger(3)-Sabateur(0) that I played up to lvl 12 in Beta 4 (my 1st beta), and I was amazed at the damage I was doing at lvl 8. With a 5 point finisher i could do 340+ consistently at that level. I love my archer, err, marksman... lol

General of Telara

I've played primarily a Bladedancer since Beta1 and I have to say I love it. I've tried variations of all the other rogue souls and when it comes to a nice blend of survivability with DPS, I prefer the Bladedancer over all other primary souls.

I don't agree with the people who are whining about melee rogues aside from that the energy depletion/regeneration needs a bit of tuning to allow a smoother gameplay.
    Last edited by Meritt; 01-12-2011 at 02:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast