+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some questions/discussion about 2 soul combo's

Default Some questions/discussion about 2 soul combo's

Hey guys so In the last beta I played a Paragone, Riftblade, Reaver and loved it. I just wanted to talk about it a bit and get peoples opinions on some idea for it...Now in the beta it seemed the Reaver tree added nothing for me. I didn't have enough point to put anything into it and the 0 spec skills it gave were meh. I have to say it gave a sweet finisher, Dire Blow, that did 140% weapon damage and a base damage. It was my hardest hitting move but besides that, the spec was meh.

What would be a 3rd soul for a dps riftwalker/paragon. I would also like to be effective at pvp, and I see the paragon and riftwalker being GREAT pvp souls. Paragon has early interrupt and disarm, riftwbade has a perma 50% slow which can be ridiculous and a spear that roots and silences. I was thinking of going with Champion as a low or 0 spec soul for the charge and maybe early dps increase abilities. But if I go these 3, how will I have room for the pvp soul? I want so many things haha. The paragon/riftblade combo just seems amazing. Perma slow so I can kite and spam spear, pop my Fiery Burst then rush in and mess some **** up with my duel wielding DPS...

Also: what skills for pve and pvp seem necessary for the paragon/Rift? Is Predictable Movements good for pvp you think? Reflects attacks...hmm so much to think about...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok my second soul combination I was thinking about was a blinking stealthing Archer. For some reason I have never been a fan of pets, so I was thinking Marksman/Riftwalker/?????? I want to be a ranged dps that can run around in world PVP and solo but still be useful in groups. So I would think stealth would be pretty necessary....

now the problem is the Riftstalker and the Marksmen are sort of necessary (idk the riftstalker blink seems pretty awesome for an archer) But there is no stealth, which for soloing seems like I need. But I hear that bard goes well with Marksmen, why is that? What is it about the bard that can compliment a ranged dps? I really want a style of play like the archers in DAOC. Stealth, pop out snipe someone out and runnnnnnn. Was a lot of fun back in the day.

So anyone here who has experimented with the rogue archers, what works well? I just pre oredered the CE so I should be in the next beta, I haven't been this excited over a game in so long, hail RIFT!

Shadowlander

Riftblade/Paragon/Champion? I was messing around with a soul tree calculator earlier, and that seems like the best combination.

This is my rough draft, dunno how old the tree is though. Might be from a few betas ago.

Note that it's for pure dps, and I might be off on a few talents. The 20 point root of Champion is pretty nice, especially for a crit-happy build, but I don't know if it's worth taking points out of paragon for.

hope I helped

Ya I was thinking about the champion. The charge seems good for pvp but if I run those 3 how will I have my PVP tree also? I feel for the combo to work all 3 are needed. Paragon for the duel wield and DPS talents, Riftblade for the ranged attacks, good finishers and non-physical dps, and champion for the early dps talents and the charge, which is great for pvp. Don't know which one to replace for the pvp tree!

Duel wield seems really good, better than 2h, but I can't be sure..I am certainly a duel wield fan though.

And about the marksman...what success have you guys had with them? Also, I heard bard+marksman is a good way to go...why is that? What is it the bard adds to the marksman? I wanted a ranged assasin, but I'm not sure what it is the Bard brings to the table.

+ Reply to Thread