+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best stealth soul

Default Best stealth soul

Looking at some of the Rogue archetype, which has the more stealth, in other words what i am looking for is a great stealthy character with huge mellee dps, also i would like to have 1 soul as marksman to add ranged abilities.

In other words, stealth up to mob, huge dps plus root or stun, run out quick apply snare and dps from range, stealth rinse and repeat. Which 3 souls do you think would be best for this?
    Last edited by Skyrazor; 01-12-2011 at 08:36 AM.

Assassin / Marksman / Riftstalker

You will have decent burst damage and will generally be able to do what you want. However, I wouldn't call the damage massive. The way energy works for rogues atm it's tough to sustain a ton of dps so make sure you check out your skills and use them wisely.

Anyway, I think you'll enjoy this build because it will give you exactly what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Assassin / Marksman / Riftstalker

You will have decent burst damage and will generally be able to do what you want. However, I wouldn't call the damage massive. The way energy works for rogues atm it's tough to sustain a ton of dps so make sure you check out your skills and use them wisely.

Anyway, I think you'll enjoy this build because it will give you exactly what you're looking for.
    Thx for the reply i will look at that, i was just building a spec and came out with assasin/marksman/ ranger

I personally did not like the ranger, but I am not a big fan of pets so I think I am a little bias.

Also, I don't like the idea of having a pet around when I am playing a stealth type of character. Reason I put riftstalker in there is that it will give you the plane shift jump ability early on, and if you choose to do so can provide some defensive abilities to increase your survivability in the later levels.

You'll have the tools to root, stun, or snare your opponents so that you can do your melee damage then back off and range if you choose to do so. I just don't see the ranger abilities as incredibly beneficial with the kind of character your are looking to play.

However, that is just my opinion. I suggest that if you are in the next betas that you try both combinations out as well as others. Everyone will have their own preference, and the variety of choices that the game offers in terms of class combinations is one of the things I like about it.

I went assassin/dancer/sab

Assassin for the reat PVP skills

Dancer being the best DPS for PVE

and Sab for the CC in pvp
    [_]--<("<) NERF HAMMER!
    Twitch
    PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE TROLLs! IF THEY POST SOMETHING SIMPLY IGNORE IT

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    I personally did not like the ranger, but I am not a big fan of pets so I think I am a little bias.

Also, I don't like the idea of having a pet around when I am playing a stealth type of character. Reason I put riftstalker in there is that it will give you the plane shift jump ability early on, and if you choose to do so can provide some defensive abilities to increase your survivability in the later levels.

You'll have the tools to root, stun, or snare your opponents so that you can do your melee damage then back off and range if you choose to do so. I just don't see the ranger abilities as incredibly beneficial with the kind of character your are looking to play.

However, that is just my opinion. I suggest that if you are in the next betas that you try both combinations out as well as others. Everyone will have their own preference, and the variety of choices that the game offers in terms of class combinations is one of the things I like about it.
    I will try out Riftstalker, your points are very valid but i will probably roll on a pve server and will only use the pet in pve and only for pvp in warfronts. But the great thing about this game is u can have 4 specs so doubt that will be a problem.

I wanted the pet as i can get bleeds on the assasin and then a big buff for the pet with a skill that gives him more damage if the mob is bleeding.

i played an Assassin / Bladedancer in B2. i enjoyed it immensely, save that i seemed to get detected too often. dont know if that changed, as ive been playing defiant warriors since then. Even so, it was a blast. or a slice. or something.
    this word you use . . . i do not think it means what you think it means.

You could go NS/Sabateur/rift

That is concealed ranged lockdowns and massive damage if you can stay invis or have them locked down while charing up for the boom.
    with a lil teleport and survival
    Last edited by Sumnore; 01-12-2011 at 03:38 PM.
    Me: Zamphir Pet: Panflute
    Bard / Ranger / Rift
    If Bards get faster for every point over 36 (full Bard)

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrazor View Post
    Looking at some of the Rogue archetype, which has the more stealth, in other words what i am looking for is a great stealthy character with huge mellee dps, also i would like to have 1 soul as marksman to add ranged abilities.

In other words, stealth up to mob, huge dps plus root or stun, run out quick apply snare and dps from range, stealth rinse and repeat. Which 3 souls do you think would be best for this?

Um, you're doing it backwards. If you're going to mix range and melee, you attack at range first, then either kite or melee. I mean, you can do it your way if it is fun for you, but all it will do is make the battle last longer than it has to... As for stealth, assassin is the only soul (except for the pvp soul infiltrator) that can stealth for more than 30 seconds at a time.

Also, the dps from stealth attacks isn't that great right now.

+ Reply to Thread